Westchester, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted January 29, 2014
So pleased with the education my son is getting at Divine Providence! He is in preschool and it was our first experience with school and it has been wonderful. His teacher is very dedicated, organized & creative. He is learning so much each day! They offer many options for parents to choose from 3-5 days a week and half or full days, plus they have extended day hours for working parents. The whole early childhood department is outstanding. We will be sending our daughter there next year when she is old enough to start school. Great place to send your kids for quality education and great teachers!

Posted January 19, 2014
My son attends pre-kindergarten at Divine Providence and I am very pleased with his development. The teachers such as Mrs. Barton in the preschool and Mrs. Scavelli in the pre-kindergarten are patent, caring, and loving. What I like the most is that my son is learning while having fun and becoming more social. Divine Providence has a diverse student population and the class sizes are small (pre-kindergarten 27 kids) which is a plus.

Posted December 02, 2013
My son attends pre-school at Divine Providence. My husband and I were nervous about enrolling our son in school at such a young age, however now I believe that enrolling my son was a great decision. We are both very pleased with the love and patience that his teacher has shown him. My son is learning his letters and numbers. He comes home daily singing or reciting a new poem that he learned. He is learning how to socialize with other children and adults. He loves going to school everyday. The school staff is also very friendly and very involved. I look forward to the many years that my son will attend this school.

Posted December 02, 2013
I am an alum of Divine Providence ('95) and currently have a three-year old daughter enrolled in the pre-school program. As an educator myself, I have high expectations for a rigorous curriculum and a positive, effective, pedagogically advanced learning environment. DP delivers on all of the above, exceeding my expectations consistently. In pre-school, the kids cover impressive ground in terms of pre-writing and pre-reading skills, as well as early math and science. In addition, the morals, values, and Catholic fundamentals are taught at this young age: My little one, for instance, already knows the Our Father and various other prayers by heart. The administration highly values innovation, keeping up with (and often leading the pack) on technological advancements; lastly, communication with parents is excellent. On the whole, DP was a great investment in my own education and will doubtless prove to be a great investment in my daughter's as well.

Posted December 01, 2013
I am very happy with the education and morals my daughter is learning at DP. The school is loaded with new technology that is helping the children learn with new resources. The staff is very helpful and the parents that can volunteer are very active and make the school a better place. Although my job is very demanding which doesn't allow me to volunteer as much as I want to, I know that the parents that can, have my back! I am very happy with DP!

Posted November 25, 2013
It is a good school great for catholic education. The surroundings are neat, clean and a good environment to learn. The staff, principal and teachers foster learning among the students and are qualified educators. There is a good balance between the academic, sports and outside school activities. There is a diverse student population. there is a great relationship between the educators, the students, the parents and the parish church.

Posted November 09, 2012
I am very happy with Divine Providence. I have 3 girls - 1 in preschool, 1 in kindergarten and 1 in 2nd grade. I like that the kids interact with each other from all grades. My girls know kids from all the grades. I like that teachers know all the kids, and class sizes are small. There is a lot of parent involvement at DP. It is nice to know families of the children in school.

Posted October 25, 2012
I am a graduate of this school and currently have my two girls there, one in 1st one in 3rd. I could not be happier with D.P. ! The education my children are receiving is excellent and well rounded. In addition, they seem to be way ahead of their peers at the public school. Having girls, I will forever worry about them fitting in and maintaining a positive self image. At D.P. this does not seem to be a problem! Both of the classes my daughters are in have wonderful parents, everyone encourages their children to be kind and thoughtful towards other kids. Its also nice that all the grades interact, my girls know kids from every grade. The pricnipal has been a Godsend! He has elevated our school to one of distinction, I am proud to say my children attend D.P. The students are constantly being challenged and the resources to assist them are impressive. Lastly, for a catholic school to offer the level of technology D.P. offers is unique. D.P. is a school that is ever evolving with today's academic climate. Do yourself and your child the favor of checking out this truly wonderful and rewarding school!

Posted October 22, 2012
I have two children at this school and could not be happier. My kids actually look forward to going every day. There is always new ideas being made. Teachers are great and a lot of parent involvement. It's great knowing everyone making a sacrifice has the same goal,giving our children great education.

Posted February 27, 2012
My daughter is currently enrolled in the full time pre-school program and I must say the teachers are excellent and the afternoon program is top notch with the most caring staff. My daughter is very shy and I have seen her open up and she is more advanced at the age of 3 then most kids, including my older daughter at that age. My daughter was quite not all the way potty trained but the pre-school teacher worked with her and within 2 weeks of school starting she was fully trained!!

Divine Providence