Posted February 04, 2014
My daughter attended Harmony since Kindergarten and as a young teenager at Harmony was involved in a situation where she was bullied by a fellow student. By the time my daughter came forward, it had caused serious emotional harm. The staff did nothing when it was brought to their attention. Not only that, but Roc (Steve Bonchek, Harmony's Executive Director) wouldn't even acknowledge or respond to repeated requests to address the issue. Harmony does a lot of good in the community, and for the most part their intentions are good, but they do not subscribe to the notion that bullying is a problem at their school or that it should be taken seriously. Bullying can happen at any school but if you are concerned, make sure you know going in that it isn't something that Harmony School administrators care to acknowledge.

Posted November 26, 2013
I was assaulted by one of the high school students from this school as I dropped my child off. I don't know what the deal is or why there is any animosity towards me but no one has a right to make physical contact with me in any way. I have every right to live in this world as anyone else and can't believe that a student from this school would behave this way, so very disappointed in general with the atmosphere of this school. The people are very rude and feel entitled to to bad things to others based on their personal opinions. They think they are better than everyone else but evidently are just self absorbed, rude and mean. Not open minded nor democratic at all as they claim to be, it's all just fake not genuine.

Harmony School 3

Posted November 25, 2013
I have mixed emotions about this school. On the one hand, my daughter loves it. On the other I have experienced some things that are disturbing at best. Like the signs of bullying/gang bullying that I have dealt with here seems a bit absurd, for if one is truly open minded and democratic, they wouldn't participate in such foolishness especially as adults. They involve their kids in it too, which is nothing to be proud of.

Posted November 25, 2013
These people are rude, mean spirited and narcissistic. I have a friend whose child attends school here and some of the things she has told me point to immature adults and self centered rude students who bully and don't know boundaries.

Posted June 13, 2013
My son just had the best Freshman year ever! He became a responsible student and learned the significance of honoring and respecting one's teachers. His most dreaded subject (math) is now his favorite, although not necessarily his best. He made some terrific friends. Sadly, after one year in Bloomington, we need to return to California and truly wish we could take Harmony with us! The school became family to both my boys, even when the oldest (a Junior) did not attend. As much as we will miss Harmony, I am confident that my son has the foundation in academics, social skills and community spirit to succeed in his future high school and beyond. Hats off to Roc, Tom Hastings and all the teachers and staff. I enjoyed the parent volunteer projects and found the other parents friendly. We are very grateful and blessed with the experience and highly recommend Harmony High School.

Posted July 30, 2012
I am a professional teacher educator, so I have plenty of experience observing classrooms and determining whether or not real learning is happening. Harmony is the real deal when it comes to inspiring kids to pursue their interests and stay excited about learning. The teachers take a sane approach to hot-button issues such as assessment, technology, and homework. When the dust settles after the fallout of the disastrous educational experiment we are currently undergoing in public education, places like Harmony will be there to help us rebuild our great public school system.

Posted September 21, 2010
Harmony School provides a great environment for kids to flourish. The school and the teachers enable the kids to forge their own path to learning. Students at Harmony are happy to be there and enjoy going to school. There is also a high degree of parent involvement in the school and the lives of the students.

Harmony School 3

Posted July 08, 2010
Overall, a great experience for kids with caring teachers, but with some problems. Teachers do not usually have experience or expertise with special needs, and are not required to meet fed. law such as IDEA and Section 504. This was a problem for us! Leadership is a problem as well. Policies are implemented differently depending on parents relationships with the director and staff. If your child is self motivated and posesses self-discipline, this is a fantastic place where they can explore their interests. If your child is less than motivated, they can get away with whatever they want. Proceed with caution!

Harmony School 0

Posted May 19, 2010
It's the best school in Indiana! We stayed in Bloomington so our daughter could go!

Posted May 18, 2010
Real professionals educating kids and instilling a 'Burnin' for Learnin''. I sent 5 bright kids there, now a really bright grandson starts the next generation. You don't do that if the results of attendence are 'iffy'.

Harmony School
Po Box 1787, Bloomington, IN  47402
Last modified Harmony School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Harmony School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 115 reviews.