PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

Values of time spent with family and friends are balanced with academic rigor, which creates a supportive culture where students are truly part of the Harmony family.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are part of a culture of inclusion that is committed to understanding and demonstrating honesty, integrity and fairness.

Excellent curriculum and dedicated teachers makes this school the best choice in Bloomington. You will feel like part of the family from day one, in a school that is dedicated to and celebrates diversity under a well-established and nurturing culture of inclusion.

As a Harmony alumni and a doctoral student in the field of Education, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Harmony did an excellent job to prepare me for future academic endeavors. It is a good school with a strong community and curricular focus.

My daughter attended Harmony since Kindergarten and as a young teenager at Harmony was involved in a situation where she was bullied by a fellow student. By the time my daughter came forward, it had caused serious emotional harm. The staff did nothing when it was brought to their attention. Not only that, but Roc (Steve Bonchek, Harmony's Executive Director) wouldn't even acknowledge or respond to repeated requests to address the issue. Harmony does a lot of good in the community, and for the most part their intentions are good, but they do not subscribe to the notion that bullying is a problem at their school or that it should be taken seriously. Bullying can happen at any school but if you are concerned, make sure you know going in that it isn't something that Harmony School administrators care to acknowledge.

I was assaulted by one of the high school students from this school as I dropped my child off. I don't know what the deal is or why there is any animosity towards me but no one has a right to make physical contact with me in any way. I have every right to live in this world as anyone else and can't believe that a student from this school would behave this way, so very disappointed in general with the atmosphere of this school. The people are very rude and feel entitled to to bad things to others based on their personal opinions. They think they are better than everyone else but evidently are just self absorbed, rude and mean. Not open minded nor democratic at all as they claim to be, it's all just fake not genuine.

I have mixed emotions about this school. On the one hand, my daughter loves it. On the other I have experienced some things that are disturbing at best. Like the signs of bullying/gang bullying that I have dealt with here seems a bit absurd, for if one is truly open minded and democratic, they wouldn't participate in such foolishness especially as adults. They involve their kids in it too, which is nothing to be proud of.

These people are rude, mean spirited and narcissistic. I have a friend whose child attends school here and some of the things she has told me point to immature adults and self centered rude students who bully and don't know boundaries.

My son just had the best Freshman year ever! He became a responsible student and learned the significance of honoring and respecting one's teachers. His most dreaded subject (math) is now his favorite, although not necessarily his best. He made some terrific friends. Sadly, after one year in Bloomington, we need to return to California and truly wish we could take Harmony with us! The school became family to both my boys, even when the oldest (a Junior) did not attend. As much as we will miss Harmony, I am confident that my son has the foundation in academics, social skills and community spirit to succeed in his future high school and beyond. Hats off to Roc, Tom Hastings and all the teachers and staff. I enjoyed the parent volunteer projects and found the other parents friendly. We are very grateful and blessed with the experience and highly recommend Harmony High School.

I am a professional teacher educator, so I have plenty of experience observing classrooms and determining whether or not real learning is happening. Harmony is the real deal when it comes to inspiring kids to pursue their interests and stay excited about learning. The teachers take a sane approach to hot-button issues such as assessment, technology, and homework. When the dust settles after the fallout of the disastrous educational experiment we are currently undergoing in public education, places like Harmony will be there to help us rebuild our great public school system.

Last modified Harmony School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12