Sioux City, IA
Before care: Yes

Joy Elementary School 3

Posted March 27, 2012
Like most schools, parents get out of Joy what they put in. That said, the PTO is moribund and the grounds depressing. My son's teacher makes errors in her written communications to parents and in correcting his work. So I take responsibility for his educations.

Joy Elementary School 4

Posted September 04, 2008

Joy Elementary School 5

Posted March 16, 2005

Joy Elementary School 5

Posted October 23, 2004
I am very pleased to have my children attend Joy Elementary School. The teachers are professional and above all, caring to all children who attend. The principal is outstanding and oversees a top-notch faculty. I was once told by a substitute teacher that Joy School was her number one choice city wide in which to substitute teach because of the impressive faculty.

Joy Elementary School 3

Posted June 07, 2004
2003-2004 was the first time I had to deal with Joy School. Maybe it was because my girls came from a smaller school prior to Joy, but I didn't feel 'compfortable' with the school. The 'Squaring Up' that is done for discipline is a very good technique if the teachers use it the correct way and not abuse it. There were incidents with [a] Teacher that she would 'talk down' to the students and make them feel like they were bad and should be ashamed of themselves. I feel the teachers need to be reviewed at Joy School and determine who should either deal with the children. Thank you.

Joy Elementary School