K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

St Columba Catholic School 4

Posted August 06, 2016
St. Columba School is a great school. They have a caring, dedicated, and nurturing staff and faculty. No they aren't perfect, but they do strive to be the best and do the best for our children. Whats wrong with being old school, it helps make children well round adults. All schools are not a perfect fit for all children, it's the parents job to find the right school , as we all know some people are not that easy to please. Check us out we just might be the right school for you.

St Columba Catholic School 2

Posted June 03, 2016
First, there has been a disingenuous effort to flood this thread with glowing comments. Don't believe the hype. Test scores in math are low. Transparency is non-existent. School Leadership is weak and hostile to even the most basic of requests from parents. Multiple parents have left school abruptly mid-school year. Many others are leaving at the end of this school year. My suggestion: keep looking!!!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 05, 2016
Our family wants to say THANK YOU to Mrs. Rickling!!! She is everyone's go to person! She is in charge of our enrollment, our school's fund raising events, she is our art teacher, our piano teacher. She does tremendous work for our St. Columba Family and very generous with her time and resources to our children. We cannot thank her enough in her contribution to our school and our children adore her! Her affable and generous spirit is one of the many reasons why we love our school!!!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 05, 2016
I have been in constant communication with my daughters' teachers and there was never a time that I feel my concerns be it small or big were not addressed accordingly.

Posted May 05, 2016
St. Columba School is at its 54 years! To me this says a lot about a school. It is a tight knit community with parents and teachers working hand in hand in ensuring that the children are given quality education. Students are very respectful and genuinely enjoys being in school. I highly recommend it to anyone!!!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 05, 2016
Our principal at St. Columba School is wonderful! Because of her leadership and love of the children, we are one strong family with a solid foundation built on faith, academics and service. Thank you Mrs. Magnaye for being the gentle Mother to our children!

Posted May 03, 2016
My children love St. Columba. The teachers are very caring and nurturing. The environment is very small community. Everyone (parents and teachers) are eager to help each other. It truly is the "it takes a village" mentality.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 02, 2016
It's a combined effort from the principal and her staff of teachers that I owe thanks to. They work together as a team to ensure the students receive the necessary attention.

Posted May 02, 2016
I could not be more pleased with the education that my daughter has and is receiving from St. Columba. My husband is an alumni, my mother-in-law has been a parishioner and choir member for over 28 years. Every year the school meets and works harder to achieve even higher standards for the kids.

Posted May 02, 2016
We love St Columba School!!! We cam from another private Montessori school and our experience between 2 schools are very different. We liked how the children are being taught not only quality education but also they instill Christian values to the students. This school is very grounded in their teaching with amazing teachers that truly cares about their students.

7800 Livingston Road, Oxon Hill-Glassmanor, MD  20745
Last modified St Columba Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8