K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

The reason i choose to pay for education is to ensure my child gets the best of everything we can afford him. I find the school to be years behind others in technology and math department. I may decide to private tutor as I dont want my money wasted nor my child's time wasted. He can learn quicker and more efficiently at another facility.

First of all, all schools have their own flaws. Being an active parent of this school, I would like to believe that it takes active and supportive parents as well to make a school good, if not great. Yes, we do pay $$$ for a good education for our children. But as parents, we have the responsibility to not only help our own children, but support the place where our children learn new things each day. We cannot leave it all up to the teachers and staff. With this said, my two children love St. Columba since it provides them a safe community with wonderful teachers who care. This year will be a big change because of the new principal, but she is very eager to bring in more technology which I think is a major plus! I have high hopes that I can give St. Columba 5 stars by the end of this year!

St. Columba School is a great school. They have a caring, dedicated, and nurturing staff and faculty. No they aren't perfect, but they do strive to be the best and do the best for our children. Whats wrong with being old school, it helps make children well round adults. All schools are not a perfect fit for all children, it's the parents job to find the right school , as we all know some people are not that easy to please. Check us out we just might be the right school for you.

First, there has been a disingenuous effort to flood this thread with glowing comments. Don't believe the hype. Test scores in math are low. Transparency is non-existent. School Leadership is weak and hostile to even the most basic of requests from parents. Multiple parents have left school abruptly mid-school year. Many others are leaving at the end of this school year. My suggestion: keep looking!!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have been in constant communication with my daughters' teachers and there was never a time that I feel my concerns be it small or big were not addressed accordingly.

St. Columba School is at its 54 years! To me this says a lot about a school. It is a tight knit community with parents and teachers working hand in hand in ensuring that the children are given quality education. Students are very respectful and genuinely enjoys being in school. I highly recommend it to anyone!!!

My children love St. Columba. The teachers are very caring and nurturing. The environment is very small community. Everyone (parents and teachers) are eager to help each other. It truly is the "it takes a village" mentality.

I could not be more pleased with the education that my daughter has and is receiving from St. Columba. My husband is an alumni, my mother-in-law has been a parishioner and choir member for over 28 years. Every year the school meets and works harder to achieve even higher standards for the kids.

We love St Columba School!!! We cam from another private Montessori school and our experience between 2 schools are very different. We liked how the children are being taught not only quality education but also they instill Christian values to the students. This school is very grounded in their teaching with amazing teachers that truly cares about their students.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

some kids are allowed to be less than kind. No caring or empathy is instilled in it's students. over zealous mommy and daddies run the school,

Last modified St Columba Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8