Potomac, MD

Posted November 14, 2013
Fourth school is such a blessing to both the teachers who work there and for the families that attend. I thank God that I am able to work in such an encouraging environment.

Posted November 12, 2013
Is a blessing for my children to be able to attend this school. The teachers are friendlyand they meet the needs of the students. A unique school and have a very nice environment. I strongly recommend this school.

Posted November 11, 2013
We moved to the area two years ago and Fourth School has been the best school experience for our family. We have four children and three attend the school. We have attended public school and homeschooled for a while, but have been so impressed with the teachers at Fourth School. They are a very experienced group with a love for the children that is really obvious. The class size enables them to tailor the work for each student's ability.

Posted November 10, 2013
My two children have attended The Fourth Presbyterian School for less than a year and they love the school. They wake up excited for another day at school and they return home happy and content. My children entered the school mid-year due to an abrupt move from the Middle East after their youngest sibling was diagnosed with childhood Leukemia. I felt it would benefit my children to enroll them in a smaller, Christian school to help ease them through the their current upheaval and turmoil. I wanted them to be in a nurturing environment and the Fourth School ( and the Fourth families) delivered above and beyond. After only a few months my children felt at "home" and they were thriving. Academically they discovered it to be more rigorous than their previous International schools but they were loving every minute of it and they especially loved having the freedom to practice their faith. Words simply cannot express how wonderful this school is. As a parent, I will remain forever indebted to this school and it's families for their constant support and care and for providing my children with a top-notch education.

Posted November 07, 2013
Although it sounds cheesy and fake, some of my fondest memories originate from Fourth Presbyterian School. The teachers, the friends, and the activities that I were a part of made my time there unique and unforgettable. A Christian-based school, Fourth Pres. did much more than teach facts and figures, it taught me about God s love. What makes Fourth Pres. unique is its inclusive environment for everyone. With small classes, and attentive teachers, class was engaging and exciting. My favorite thing about Fourth Presbyterian School is the relationship between the teachers and the students. Each teacher personally knows the student, even for myself, after moving to middle school, I have visited and seen teachers who taught me. The school does nothing better than making it the right fit for every student. Whether it s in the classroom, or on the field, the students feel a sense of companionship with the other students. I am proud to have gone to Fourth Presbyterian school for six years, and I wouldn't trade those years to be anywhere else. Thank you Fourth Pres. for making those years memorable and happy.

Posted November 04, 2013
This is my 3rd year teaching middle school science at the Fourth Presbyterian School. I came here to help train up the next generation in the areas of Faith, Virtue, and Knowledge. My fellow teachers are highly skilled in the areas of instruction and mentoring; the students are both hard-working and diligent; and the parent community is supportive and eager to help out. Additionally, the administration is seasoned by decades upon decades of private and public school experience. I am convinced that we offer a wonderful Christian education that nurtures our students' spirit and pushes them towards their high calling in this world. This is a great school by every measure. I would not want to teach anywhere else.

Posted November 04, 2013
I went to fourth for 10 years of my life and I honestly can't picture a better place to have spent most of my childhood. Not only do they have a good education system, the staff there is great and they really care about you. Having graduated recently, I felt prepared to step out into the world because of the ways fourth prepared me so much. What makes Fourth stand out from other schools besides its wonderful, close-knit community and beautiful scenery, is its loving Christian atmosphere it possess. I definitely grew in my faith during my time there and am still growing in my faith with a strong passionate love for God, thanks to the influence fourth has had on me. I thank God for letting me attend such a wonderful school and highly recommend it for anyone else looking for a great school with a nurturing Christian environment.

Posted November 02, 2013
I attended Fourth school for six years and it was quite an amazing experience. The classes are small and the teachers really care about you and want you to learn, and as a student you are provided with many opportunities such as going to the Folger Shakespeare Library to perform, taking trips to places such as Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Gettysburg, and having your faith and spirituality strengthened as well.

Posted November 01, 2013
This is my sixth year teaching at the Fourth Presbyterian School. I spent over a decade teaching in the public school system, which provides a high quality education, but cannot compare with the level of individualization and differentiation we are able to give our students on a daily basis. Our fully accredited academic program is rigorous and we utilize a variety of teaching strategies to help each student achieve his or her best. Class sizes are small and we offer accommodations for children with mild to moderate disabilities. The students at our school are encouraged to grow daily in their knowledge of God, their relationships with each other, and their understanding of how to serve those around them. The Fourth School offers a balance of challenging academics and fun school-wide activities that make it a wonderful place to work.

Posted November 01, 2013
I am a teacher at the Fourth School. It is a blessing and a pleasure to teach 10 years at this school. I came to this school from a public school environment and was eager to begin an innovative, challenging, and exciting new phase of life. This school has given me the opportunity to utilize my God given talents of teaching, nurturing, loving, and giving back to the children. I am able to reinforce appropriate behavior by sharing Godly principles, and this is most rewarding. I work alongside co-workers who are gifted professionals, highly qualified. I have grown as a teacher because of the ongoing, professional development and peer collaboration that is encouraged and provided by our capable leadership. The beautiful, picturesque 35-acre campus provides wonderful opportunities to explore with my students and participate in many hands on activities. The students are excited about learning! The school location is great! The small class size, strong academic curriculum, enriching specials (Art, Music, Media, Computer Lab, PE, and Spanish) make this the perfect school where children will learn and grow. The parents are amazing! I highly recommend this school!

The Fourth Presbyterian School
10701 S Glen Rd, Potomac, MD  20854
Last modified The Fourth Presbyterian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
The Fourth Presbyterian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top