Westford, MA
Students enrolled: 1,679

Westford Academy 1

Posted April 23, 2014
This school has the worst guidance counselors. This blonde told my son he wasn't college material. He's finished Law school. She told my coworkers son , he wasn't college material and he flies for a major airlines, good grief...

Posted October 24, 2013
As good as it gets! It provides a well rounded balanced education. It has the best drama, orchestra and numerous other activities... Prepares you for the REAL world...

Westford Academy 2

Posted July 08, 2013
I greatly dislike this school. I'm a rising junior at Westford Academy and I have always loved going to school. So, when the first day of high school came, I was just as excited. But it was awful. Kids here are rude, mean, and judgmental. I myself am competitive, but never to the point that I would cheat. But the thing is, kids here do cheat. And worst of all, teachers virtually never realize it. The textbooks in most cases are horrible. I don't even understand how some of these science teachers even got their teaching degrees. The clubs that are student run are pointless- nothing ever gets done. There are a few great teachers here, but they're rare. Facilities are great, I absolutely love the library! But besides that, there are just SO many problems that need to be addressed. :'(. If you can, please do yourself and your kids a favor and send them to Acton Boxborough Regional High School instead! My parents almost moved us to Acton instead of Westford and not a day goes by without me wishing that we lived in Acton instead.

Posted May 16, 2013
Westford Academy was a great place to go to highschool. For those students who graduated in the top 15% of my class (late 90's), we all had opportunities to attend either Ivy League or top tier private universities. Teachers were engaged, and AP and Honors classes were excellent. The class size was small (at or under 30 students for most classes) and we had various opportunities to study abroad as part of the foreign language curriculum, participate in various after school activiites and varsity and jv sports. There were also art, theater and music programs available, however these were not the most robust compared to other schools districts I attended as a child. These could be improved. There was a massive school renovation during my last year and I'd be interested to know how that impacted the experience for students graduating after me. Guidance counselers were helpful, but not as critical and constructive in helping select colleges appropriate for students' apptidue and personality - seemed like more of a check-the-box exercise. In general, an excellt school district.

Posted April 20, 2013
I loved this school, the teachers are great they are really laid back, understanding, and flexiable with our needs. The guidance counselors and deans are top notch I loved them. They gave me more than I asked for in support academically and outside of it. Everyone in the school gets along with each other and are very respectful towards one another. There is also a great variety of classes and I had a great time!

Westford Academy 3

Posted October 18, 2012
Westford has excellent elementary and middle schools, but falls short at the Westford Academy. Problems are swept under the rug and parents are left in the dark.

Posted December 07, 2010
Very challenging, rigorous academics. I graduated from WA in 2010 and felt it had prepared me excellently for college. WA has a GREAT selection of AP courses and the teachers (..well, most of them) are qualified to teach AP. The courses are challenging - I averaged about 5-6 hours of sleep my junior and senior years. The guidance department tries their best to help out, but I wish they were more helpful during the College App process. The music department is great, the theater department is EXCELLENT, as is the Speech/Debate team. WA recently won the NCLB Blue Ribbon - well deserved. Great school all around!

Posted October 10, 2010
Diverse, Great Teachers, Great Opportunities

Posted June 09, 2010
I couldn't have asked for a better high school. WA supplied me with excellent teachers who were always willing to help a student having difficulty and a wonderful guidance counselor who helped me to find the perfect college for my interests.

Westford Academy

Posted March 04, 2010
Student's who are average according to nationwide statistics are failing classes due to the standards of Westford Schools. WA has turned into a 'public' prep school for those who excel in academics. Our children are being 'left behind'.

Westford Academy
30 Patten Road, Westford, MA  01886
Last modified Westford Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westford Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top