Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Teachers are being bullied by the principal, so how do you think the kids feel?

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

There are honors classes and there are the rest, who are just socially promoted. Honor students teach themselves, anyway.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principal relies on teachers to evaluate each other, by calling them coordinators, without qualifications.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Students are allowed leave classrooms whenever they want, saying they have to use the restroom. It has a culture of deceit.

Coercive administration, shortest school day in MA. poor facilities with floating teachers, and students socially promoted to boost their graduation rates

This school has the worst guidance counselors. This blonde told my son he wasn't college material. He's finished Law school. She told my coworkers son , he wasn't college material and he flies for a major airlines, good grief...

As good as it gets! It provides a well rounded balanced education. It has the best drama, orchestra and numerous other activities... Prepares you for the REAL world...

I greatly dislike this school. I'm a rising junior at Westford Academy and I have always loved going to school. So, when the first day of high school came, I was just as excited. But it was awful. Kids here are rude, mean, and judgmental. I myself am competitive, but never to the point that I would cheat. But the thing is, kids here do cheat. And worst of all, teachers virtually never realize it. The textbooks in most cases are horrible. I don't even understand how some of these science teachers even got their teaching degrees. The clubs that are student run are pointless- nothing ever gets done. There are a few great teachers here, but they're rare. Facilities are great, I absolutely love the library! But besides that, there are just SO many problems that need to be addressed. :'(. If you can, please do yourself and your kids a favor and send them to Acton Boxborough Regional High School instead! My parents almost moved us to Acton instead of Westford and not a day goes by without me wishing that we lived in Acton instead.

Westford Academy was a great place to go to highschool. For those students who graduated in the top 15% of my class (late 90's), we all had opportunities to attend either Ivy League or top tier private universities. Teachers were engaged, and AP and Honors classes were excellent. The class size was small (at or under 30 students for most classes) and we had various opportunities to study abroad as part of the foreign language curriculum, participate in various after school activiites and varsity and jv sports. There were also art, theater and music programs available, however these were not the most robust compared to other schools districts I attended as a child. These could be improved. There was a massive school renovation during my last year and I'd be interested to know how that impacted the experience for students graduating after me. Guidance counselers were helpful, but not as critical and constructive in helping select colleges appropriate for students' apptidue and personality - seemed like more of a check-the-box exercise. In general, an excellt school district.

I loved this school, the teachers are great they are really laid back, understanding, and flexiable with our needs. The guidance counselors and deans are top notch I loved them. They gave me more than I asked for in support academically and outside of it. Everyone in the school gets along with each other and are very respectful towards one another. There is also a great variety of classes and I had a great time!

Last modified Westford Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.