6-8 & Ungraded
Winthrop, MA

Posted August 25, 2010
This school has some of the worst teachers in the state. No one wants to work here because the pay is the poorest in the state. It's turned into a school where most teachers do not care about their students enough to go the extra distance. My emails to the teacher to check in about my child are still not answered. You have to pay alot of money to be on sports teams and if you are in a financial crunch like a friend of my daughters you simply do not play because the teachers have no ehical foundation here. Your buisness becomes everyones. Warning to the wise, my child is a good student, no problems in school academically; however if there was a problem I believe she would not get the support she needs. We are looking into private placement to avoid a bad experience here.

Winthrop Middle School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
A wonderful community -- and fabulous teachers!

Winthrop Middle School 0

Posted February 10, 2009
We moved to Winthrop from Cohasset, MA...big mistake! The schools are horrific to say the least...I have 2 children in Middle School, and am glad to say we are looking elsewhere to find better schools. This school should be ashamed of itself for the way some of these teachers treat the kids, and the special ed department is a joke. They are outdated in many ways, and my recommendation would be to look elsewhere!

Winthrop Middle School 5

Posted July 24, 2008

Posted February 18, 2008
There is a new vice principal, but they are even worse. The school itself is horrid, the teachers for the most part are not great, but there are a few good ones. The Winthrop school system is extremely poor, therefore things are not good. Teaching instruments, computers and things, are out of date. I would not recomend anyone going to this school.

Winthrop Middle School 5

Posted July 08, 2007
I believe that winthrop middle is a great school with tons of fun activities and fabulous teachers.

Winthrop Middle School 2

Posted March 27, 2007

Winthrop Middle School 2

Posted August 25, 2005
I am a student that attended this school from 2001-2004. From my opinion, I do not like much about this school. It needs to be improved. As stated in previous threads, this school has many disrespectful teachers, who do not care enough about their students. Most are very disrespectful. There are some teachers, however that do care about students to the fullest. I moved from that school in 7th Grade to a school in NH: Gilbert H. Hood Middle School, and comparing to this school, I am quite happy I left when I did. It seems like as each year passes, the school gets worse. There are also major money problems. Winthrop Public Schools haven't been able to afford any new desks, computers, or textbooks.This was an okay school, but I don't recommend it, speaking as a student from the Winthrop Middle School.

Posted March 28, 2005

Winthrop Middle School 3

Posted October 27, 2004
I also found the vice principal to be rude. The special ed department for 6th and 7th grade is lacking greaty. I also believe that there is not enough communication on the teachers part to let you know how you child is doing.

Winthrop Middle School
151 Pauline St, Winthrop, MA  02152
Last modified Winthrop Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winthrop Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top