485 students|Eaton Academy

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted September 10, 2015
My daughter went here from kindergarten and I really didn't want to send her back for first grade because they always said that she got in trouble. She did this and she did that but no one ever sees it. It was other kids telling the teacher. My question is, is anybody watching the kids?. How can no adult every see anything? I really liked her teacher in kindergarten. So I sent her back for first grade which was horrible. They don't regularly give you progress reports and report cards. My daughter would come home from school telling me stories about somebody bullying her and I brought it up to the teacher and she say "I had no idea" and my daughter would come home and she would write sad faces on a piece of paper like she was very unhappy at the school. She always said "I'm sick so I can't go to school" every morning. I live in Eastpointe, so I just decided to pull her from Eaton Academy and put her in the Eastpoint public school. Eaton Academy is 95% black but I live in Eastpoint. The reason why I love Eastpoint is because of the diversity of the city. My daughter is going to a Eastpoint Elementary School and the school is 49% black and 49% white and they have buses. She gets picked up by the bus so I don't have to worry about the snow or anything like that.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted September 10, 2015
Her teacher was absent at least half the year. I could not understand that whatsoever and the same thing goes for her teacher in kindergarten.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted September 10, 2015
There only serious about learning when there is a state test for the kids to take

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted September 10, 2015
They do not address bullying and when Your at work or at home, you will never be at a piece of mind that your child is safe

Eaton Academy 5

Posted April 16, 2014
My two daughter have been going to Eaton since 3rd and k. I love the school. I would recommend it to others. I pulled my daughter out and returnned he the next sermester. The teacher are very caring and love the students very much. The administrative assistant is awsome.

Posted September 10, 2013
This school has had some great teachers and students over the years. However, the staff is constantly changing. Why? Administration is unsupportive. They are demeaning to staff and student in public. The administration has changed quite a few times over the years and now the management company keeps changing. They say they care about student success, but all they care about is themselves. Management and administration does not care about staff or students. They pick a few students that they like and then those students are allowed to do whatever they want whenever they want and other students are disciplined for trying to do the same thing. Stay far away from here if you care about your kids.

Posted July 16, 2013
This school changes management more often than people change their socks. In the process, they lose quality staff members (either from quitting or being laid off), and the parents of high performing students choose to send their children elsewhere because they grow tired of the chaos. I have personally witnessed students and parents being verbally and physically abusive to staff with little to no consequences. There is literally no attendance policy; none. There are students late for school everyday and/or violating truency laws; missing 80 or more days of school. I could go on and on, but basically, I don't even know how this place remains open.

Posted July 01, 2013
Eaton Academy lacks diversity in their teaching staff. The school is majority Black but has few Black teachers. Their hiring practices should be looked over by the EEOC.

Eaton Academy 3

Posted April 21, 2011
Eaton Academy is not to bad of a school, but it does have it's down fall such as any other schools. What I truely don't like is the lack of communication from the teachers. You can never get a meeting with the principal, He is either never there or busy. As one parent stated in a 2008 comment their child received low grades because of missing assignments. It's 2011 and the same thing is still happening. One of my children went from National Honor Society to a 2.4, due to missing assignments. One teacher told my child she is not there to teach but to provide information, and this was a math class. Where are they finding these teachers. My high school child has had at least 5 english teachers in one school year. There are no extracurriculum activities for the students. Only sports is basketball and cheer. Due to these public schools closing, these charter schools have to step it up and offer more things for our kids to be involved. I have a child that will be graduating this year, and 3 other that will be returning. I am willing to give Eaton Academy one more year. I'm just hoping they make some major changes.

Posted April 03, 2010
Eaton Academy is A Very excellent School . I am A Eaton Academy graduate the Teachers are excellent and they challenge you to think for yourself While still Teaching you the Basic skills that u should know . This school teaches Excellence in Education and there are very few children that do no graduate from Eaton Academy

21450 Universal Avenue, Eastpointe, MI  48021
Last modified Eaton Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eaton Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top