Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school is very adamant that students and their parents (learning coaches) allow students to learn. Every time you turn on the computer, you must agree to the school's policies, including it's honesty and integrity policies.

I love this school! The flexibility in learning times is wonderful. There are ample opportunities for socialization through clubs, activities, and field trips. My child was even able to test out of his grade level math class into a higher grade. There is plenty of learning support, and even speech therapy and other special needs programs.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers have one-on-one time with each student through phone calls and online Skype-type meetings. Rather than spending time trying to get students settled and paying attention (as in a brick & mortar classroom), teachers can use their time effectively to teach and help their students better understand concepts.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Connections Academy demands and requires every person from the principal down to the youngest student to be honest, a person of integrity and the promote and demonstrate fairness at all times.

I have been at Connections Academy as a Learning Coach for going on my fourth year. Having had children in public, private and Connections Academy I would most definitely say Connections Academy is certainly the way to go.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Every teacher at Connections Academy is genuinely concerned about each child as an individual person and not as a group of children that have to be taught. The teaches go above and beyond to do everything in their power to assist children learn the material from recommending resources to spending extra personal time with a child that is struggling. They make sure that every child is prepared for this century from K -12.

My children have seriously raised their level of intelligence each year at this school. The teachers are great here and offer individualized attention when asked for it without reservation. A great learning coach can make sure the student grasps each concept in elementary and Middle school levels before going onto the next one. This is how we have gained so much. My children do not score in the low levels found here. They score higher than average in every subject. I am the difference that helps them excel. I am the one who explains things when topics get hard. The teachers back up everything I do. They go through it with them again and make sure it sticks.

I am so glad we made this decision to put our 3 boys in this school. The teachers have been such a great help and with it being our first year, it was a bit of an adjustment. I am so happy we did this and the boys are learning so much more than they did in their public schools. No distractions and the kids are on task and learning so much. Would highly recommend this school. Looking forward to the upcoming Field Trip. :) Parent

To the person that said the reviews are an "inside job", believe me, they are not! I have 5 students enrolled in Michigan Connections Academy and the school is truly amazing! It is more advanced than most regular schools, but they also have a lot of help available for struggling students. If you are truly that against this school, I suggest you post a legitimate review or keep your posts to yourself. And if you question whether or not I'm truly a parent feel free to look me up on Facebook. Jacqueline Duncan. Also, if anyone would like to speak to a parent to get more information, feel free to contact me! :) Have a great day!

I'm very disappointed in these reviews. It's obvious the majority of them were written by staff and employees. Any discerning parent can read right through that. I don't doubt the school is decent, but when the reviews are an inside job, it makes it very questionable. SMH. Very disappointed.

Last modified Michigan Connections Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.