Posted October 22, 2014
I am so glad we made this decision to put our 3 boys in this school. The teachers have been such a great help and with it being our first year, it was a bit of an adjustment. I am so happy we did this and the boys are learning so much more than they did in their public schools. No distractions and the kids are on task and learning so much. Would highly recommend this school. Looking forward to the upcoming Field Trip. :) Parent

Posted June 18, 2014
To the person that said the reviews are an "inside job", believe me, they are not! I have 5 students enrolled in Michigan Connections Academy and the school is truly amazing! It is more advanced than most regular schools, but they also have a lot of help available for struggling students. If you are truly that against this school, I suggest you post a legitimate review or keep your posts to yourself. And if you question whether or not I'm truly a parent feel free to look me up on Facebook. Jacqueline Duncan. Also, if anyone would like to speak to a parent to get more information, feel free to contact me! :) Have a great day!

Michigan Connections Academy 1

Posted June 17, 2014
I'm very disappointed in these reviews. It's obvious the majority of them were written by staff and employees. Any discerning parent can read right through that. I don't doubt the school is decent, but when the reviews are an inside job, it makes it very questionable. SMH. Very disappointed.

Posted April 30, 2014
Our school is great. My daughter can learn and get help when needed. The teachers go above and beyond. My daughter could not get help in public school if she did not understand something. Also it is so great to be able to see what your child is struggling in or doing good without having to wait til conference. Being able to see grade book. Also I can feel my child is safe, no bullying and no worry of crimes. With social media so much in our childrens live it help with the fact their is not the socializing in school with the online schooling. My child learns the same as in the building school but with more care from the staff and with me aware of her struggles and strengths. Being able to do school anywhere with internet access is also a plus, that way school is not interferring with your life as an adult or parent either. It would be great if they had apps for school that could also be done on tablets, ipads, etc.

Posted April 29, 2014
This school is awesome. I can go on and on forever about how happy and excited I am to ALL of the things my son is learning. It is fun and challenging all in one.

Posted April 17, 2014
This was one of the easiest decisions that I as a parent could make for my children. I am able to see what they are doing in school and see what there grades are at all times. They have a lot of resources that I did not see in a regular b&m school has. The teachers are willing to work with each family to ensure that the student is getting it.

Posted September 12, 2013
MICA is a 'dream come true' for any parent who seeks alternative schooling for their children. When first enrolled, we were somewhat nervous, after all, there had never been this type of school available in Michigan before. It was a totally new concept for us and with it came some insecurities. These vanished quickly when the girls excitement grew as they learned to appreciate and value their education. Within weeks, our daughters HUGE disappointment of leaving the local district turned to visible JOY in learning. To see our then 5th grader's eyes light up because she actually understood the concept of division, after spending the year prior not having a clue, was the first of many signs that we had made the right decision. Both of our daughters stated that the quality of learning with MICA was FAR above what they'd experienced in brick and mortar schools. Their enthusiasm resulted from many things never before known to them. Teacher support, live lesson sessions, one on one's whenever needed, and portfolio assignments are just a few of the new concepts that added to our daughters successful learning in MICA. It is by far the best school option available to Michigan students today.

Posted September 04, 2013
I think that Michigan Connections Academy is a great school. My child just started going there this year and has had a great time since he started going there. Teachers are great and so is the administration team. Connections academy is always open and my child can go to school any time day or night. He has learned more in the last few days then he had at this other high school. He is also learning at this own pace.

Posted September 02, 2013
How exciting when your child loves to wake up and go to school. Even if it's only a few feet from his bed! My son gets a better education with Michigan Connections Academy because the teachers give one on one attention and there is no outside influence to push him on the wrong track. I see how much more knowledge he has compared to the kids his age in public schools and I know I made the right decision. No bulling, no fighting for a good education and no unnecessary teachings. He can go at his own pace and enjoy the topics that are more interesting to him in depth if he wants. And don't get me started on the awesome ability to vacation when we want, take days off when we want and sleep in if we want! It's so nice to not have to worry about buses or how long he has to stand in line for lunch or all the school clothes or supplies he needs. Connections provides everything he needs to get the best education for free, we even got a computer with all the software! I am amazed on how smart my son is now and it really shows up with his MEAP testing and ScanTrons. He is learning more with MICA then he ever did in a public school! Thank God for MICA! It's the best decision we've ever made!

Posted August 28, 2013
MI Connections Academy is the answer to my prayers. The staff is wonderful, the curriculum is among the best I have ever seen. I love the way the classes are tailor made for each individual student taking their learning style into consideration. MI Connections Academy is a cutting edge technological school that provides every student the chance to go on to become great adults. Not only do they work with the children but they become involved with each family through webmails and telephone calls and the teachers actually become a part of your family. When you contact them there is no waiting in line for a long time to receive an answer. The children are not bullied and made to feel inferior to others but are encouraged to be their very best. Our children have the awesome opportunity of staying home and learning while developing great family values. Connections has many opportunities for families to meet together for field trips and other functions. It is like getting the best of all worlds. Your children receive a high quality 21st century education, opportunities to go on outings, they can go on vacation with the family at any time and still access their classes online.

Michigan Connections Academy
3950 Heritage Ave., Okemos, MI  48864
Last modified Michigan Connections Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Michigan Connections Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top