Public charter
Romulus, MI

Posted May 13, 2015
Metro is a great school. My grandson is behaviorally challenged but does very good academically. He has attended since kindergarten and is now in the 2nd grade. We are very pleased with his education. The administration is being fair regarding his misbehavior. We have a great relationship with the teachers and staff. There is no perfect school.

Posted February 04, 2015
I wrote a review a few years ago about how wonderful Metro (back then I had a Kinder and 7th grader) well now my oldest is in 10th grade at a school that recieves a rating of 10 here on great schools, she was very well prepared for high school. As a matter of fact, the algebra book she had at Metro is the same book she had in 9th grade. Metro does prepare the kids for an easy transition for Middle to High School. My youngest is now in 3rd grade and excelling on all areas. Her teacher is awesome, he challenges the kids with 4th and 5th grade work. No complaints here. Highly recommend Metro. I drive 40 miles per day to take my daughter to and from school rather than let her attend our neighborhood school, I think that speaks volumes!!!!

Metro Charter Academy 4

Posted November 24, 2014
Excellent Middle School Academics, Extracurricular Activities.........The education that my child is receiving here is top-notch. The teachers are preparing them for high school and beyond. Not familiar with the elementary school program, since my child started the school during Middle School. Based upon the number of students that attend the school, the parental involvement falls short.

Metro Charter Academy 2

Posted July 07, 2014
This has really took a downward spiral the Prinicipal does not have the leadership to run the school properly. The 3-5 Dean whom is also the Middle School dean runs the school like a drill sergeant; he is the wanna be principal. Teachers go thru Metro like a revolving door. This school year they even ran off the Middle school dean whom was very effective in the operations of the Middle school wing, the children and parents really felt that he was doing a great job. Academically, the school is suffering the students are not prepared for the state test, and the only way administration prepares the students is by bribing them with pizza parties and gadgets. This summer was the first that the children did not receive bridge books and 6 paper back books to read and upon completion a post card was to be mailed in by the students. Metro also canceled out the periodic drop in sessions for students through out the summer to keep the kids academically focused through out summer months. As a parent I am totally dissappointed overall with Metro.

Metro Charter Academy 4

Posted June 05, 2014
My children have attended Metro since the kindergarten and they are now 7th grade. My children and I have had a wonder experience with the staff. Being A.A, I have always felt welcome and respected My children grades have improve every year. I love their curriculum and mission.

Posted March 28, 2014
I love my daughters teacher. The Kindergarten dean is wonderful, and the office staff is friendly and helpful.

Posted March 28, 2014
I love Metro Charter Academy. The teachers care and work with parents when addressing students challenges.

Metro Charter Academy 2

Posted September 26, 2013
children are unprepared for state testing, and there is too much "free" time not used to prepare them for this testing. Children 5th grade + shouldn't be at recess as much as they are. School is for learning and developing skills for life. Once the kids in this school have to attend high school, they will be very un prepared.

Metro Charter Academy 1

Posted August 28, 2013
If your a person of "African American" decent, be cautioned!, is our experience. Please reconsider! A.A. parents feel unwelcomed too. Our children deserve a whole lot better than this<3

Posted June 10, 2013
metro charter academy is a great school. my childs grade have improved alot since the change in fourth grade

Metro Charter Academy
34800 Ecorse Road, Romulus, MI  48174
Last modified Metro Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Metro Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top