PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted February 02, 2015
We have been at CCA for almost 2 years now and really love the school. Our family moves quite a bit so finding the best school for our kids to go to is always a challenge. My kids transitioned to CCA well and immediately fit in. We were looking for a smaller school with a Christian education and definitely found it here. We are thankful every day that our kids have a school like CCA to attend.

Posted February 01, 2015
We have been a part of CCA for seven years now, and every year gets better! It has such a family atmosphere, and I love that I know my children's friends and their families. I love that my children study the Bible and memorize scripture every week, along with receiving a top-notch education. For us, we did not choose this school as an alternative to public school but intentionally for a Christian education. I absolutely love our school!

Posted January 31, 2015
I love this school. I am a former kindergarten teacher and now I am a stay at home mom. The teachers and students are wonderful and friendly. We are military but we have always felt welcomed. My son loves school so much that he has asked to get there 3o minutes early just to hang out. I couldn't be more happy with my sons education.

Posted January 27, 2015
Excellent Academics and Christian worldview taught throughout. I'm always confident that Columbus Christian is an extension of our home and church in teaching and in the social environment. I know my child is held to high expectations in love and encouragement. The BEST option for our family.

Columbus Christian Academy 2

Posted December 11, 2014
A school for your daughter but make sure she's a member of Immanuel church or kids will tell her she's not welcome there. Church member's kids rule and they can do no wrong, classrooms are chaos as teachers apparently can't discipline church member's kids. Lots of women teachers from administrator to secretary so your church member daughter will be safe from men. Boys on the other hand need to be cautious of the female environment they're in the women are in charge and have little tolerance for male behavior. advise against your boy going here as other pvt schools in the area have male leadership such as heritage and can be more attuned to "male behavior." The boys football team had to wear pink to prove they were descent empathetic humans in support of women's breast cancer research and any refusal behavior was promptly dealt with and yep the boys ended up wearing pink. No word on the girls basketball team having to wear blue to show they're empathetic toward male testicular cancer.All in all not the first choice on my list, w and can't wait for it all to be over. Too much estrogen within the school and too much drama.

Posted February 11, 2014
I have daughters in the elementary program. We are military and the school staff and the children were very welcoming to my girls. They made them feel right at home. The education they are receiving is also great. Focuses a lot on the fundamentals which was very different from other schools that we have been in. My youngest has gone from not liking to read and struggling a lot to enjoying books and can read much better in just a few months. Parents are very involved and that makes for a great family atmosphere. It is wonderful to know that they are also looking out for the children and their spiritual growth! I highly recommend this school!

Posted October 17, 2013
A great place for your child to grow spiritually as well as academically. I know each of the children in my child's class as well as their family. I have always felt like the staff and teachers have my child's best interest in mind every day. I have seen teachers as involved in their students extracurricular activities as thy are in their school time whether it is for ball games outside of school or in a child's church on a Sunday morning for a baptism.

Posted October 17, 2013
I love Immanuel! My son attends 2nd grade and I'm also a teacher at this school. I love the family atmosphere and great cooperation among all functioning parts of the school, including administration , parents, teachers, coaches and our board members. Most importantly I love being in a place where I can openly talk to students about God and my child can learn in a Christ-centered environment.

Posted October 16, 2013
Overall, a great school! The staff are attentive and the environment is small enough that everybody knows everybody. The classrooms are small enough to ensure learning. The curriculum is challenging. They pray and say the pledge of allegiance. The atmosphere is always pleasant, never chaotic, fun, inviting and structured. The only negative, in my opinion, is the cost. In this day and age though, you have to keep your priorities in check. It's well worth it for the God-centered well rounded education my kids are getting.

Posted August 09, 2011
My son attends Immanuel and I feel that he is not only getting an excellent education, but that he is also being encouraged and lifted up by all of the teachers and administration, to be the best that he can be. I am so impressed by the Headmaster Mr. Williford as he knows every student by name and after meeting im just one time he knew my name fom then on. There is a wonderful comradery of the sudents without the cliques and bullying.

Columbus Christian Academy
6405 Military Road, Steens, MS  39766
Last modified Columbus Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12