Steens, MS

Columbus Christian Academy 2

Posted December 11, 2014
A school for your daughter but make sure she's a member of Immanuel church or kids will tell her she's not welcome there. Church member's kids rule and they can do no wrong, classrooms are chaos as teachers apparently can't discipline church member's kids. Lots of women teachers from administrator to secretary so your church member daughter will be safe from men. Boys on the other hand need to be cautious of the female environment they're in the women are in charge and have little tolerance for male behavior. advise against your boy going here as other pvt schools in the area have male leadership such as heritage and can be more attuned to "male behavior." The boys football team had to wear pink to prove they were descent empathetic humans in support of women's breast cancer research and any refusal behavior was promptly dealt with and yep the boys ended up wearing pink. No word on the girls basketball team having to wear blue to show they're empathetic toward male testicular cancer.All in all not the first choice on my list, w and can't wait for it all to be over. Too much estrogen within the school and too much drama.

Posted September 29, 2014
I have had a child graduate from high school here and now one in K4. CCA offers an excellent education with educators that are committed to the whole development of their students. They have always been a great extension of our family. My oldest daughter was definitely prepared for the academics of College, and I feel certain that my youngest is in the best place to receive an education to take her to anywhere. All of this in a loving, nurturing, Christ-centered environment

Posted February 11, 2014
I have daughters in the elementary program. We are military and the school staff and the children were very welcoming to my girls. They made them feel right at home. The education they are receiving is also great. Focuses a lot on the fundamentals which was very different from other schools that we have been in. My youngest has gone from not liking to read and struggling a lot to enjoying books and can read much better in just a few months. Parents are very involved and that makes for a great family atmosphere. It is wonderful to know that they are also looking out for the children and their spiritual growth! I highly recommend this school!

Posted October 17, 2013
A great place for your child to grow spiritually as well as academically. I know each of the children in my child's class as well as their family. I have always felt like the staff and teachers have my child's best interest in mind every day. I have seen teachers as involved in their students extracurricular activities as thy are in their school time whether it is for ball games outside of school or in a child's church on a Sunday morning for a baptism.

Posted October 17, 2013
I love Immanuel! My son attends 2nd grade and I'm also a teacher at this school. I love the family atmosphere and great cooperation among all functioning parts of the school, including administration , parents, teachers, coaches and our board members. Most importantly I love being in a place where I can openly talk to students about God and my child can learn in a Christ-centered environment.

Posted October 16, 2013
Overall, a great school! The staff are attentive and the environment is small enough that everybody knows everybody. The classrooms are small enough to ensure learning. The curriculum is challenging. They pray and say the pledge of allegiance. The atmosphere is always pleasant, never chaotic, fun, inviting and structured. The only negative, in my opinion, is the cost. In this day and age though, you have to keep your priorities in check. It's well worth it for the God-centered well rounded education my kids are getting.

Posted August 09, 2011
My son attends Immanuel and I feel that he is not only getting an excellent education, but that he is also being encouraged and lifted up by all of the teachers and administration, to be the best that he can be. I am so impressed by the Headmaster Mr. Williford as he knows every student by name and after meeting im just one time he knew my name fom then on. There is a wonderful comradery of the sudents without the cliques and bullying.

Posted July 29, 2011
As soon as you walk into Immanuel, you feel welcome. The administration, office staff, and teachers always have a smile on their faces. It is such a warm and friendly atmosphere. As far as the curriculum, it is top notch. The children not only grow academically, but spiritually as well. Our children love going to school every day. That says a lot. EXCELLENT school.

Posted July 10, 2010
Immanuel's kindergarten teachers are the best in the area. The entire kindergarten curriculum (academics, bible, PE, special events & celebrations) is outstanding. The children learn to excel as scholars, athletes, and Christians and they have a blast doing it. It is a beautiful, loving little school.

Posted June 23, 2009
I attended Immanuel from K-4 through 12th grade. Through caring and dedicated teachers and the school's more advanced curriculum, I was well-equipped for standardized tests like the SAT and ACT, as well as the challenges of college life itself. If I still lived in Columbus and had children, I would definitely send them there, no question.

Columbus Christian Academy
6405 Military Road, Steens, MS  39766
Last modified Columbus Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Columbus Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top