Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I disagree with the bullying reports not being investigated. The letters and phone calls went home first...then an investigation, which was unfounded...thank goodness! It is called being proactive. I have had great experiences with the school even when my child has been on the discipline side. The administration is fair and really lets the parents share their side of the story.

Develops character: Neutral

I am unsure about the integrity of this school based on the staff that runs it. I have lived in Las Vegas my entire life and have always dealt the CCSD, and this is by far my WORST experience ever.

I am extremely disappointed in this school's office staff. They are so rude and unprofessional and very insincere. Every time some one answers the phone they seem inconvenienced to answer a question or help. I have heard this from other mothers as well. This is the first year my children have attended this school and from day one trying to get them registered there was a joke. After calling over the summer at least 20 times when they should be open and being stared at through the windows by the office staff at the front doors and them not even acknowledging the fact that I was standing there 30 minutes before they closed, I knew I should have not enrolled my boys there. I am not sure why they seem to think they are better then others and why they don't have time to address or help the PARENTS of the students who attend their school is beyond me. I called to check on my kids and I was told she couldn't check on them. She couldn't even tell me if my kids were in their classrooms....WHAT!? NO WAY! What if there was ever an emergency, good luck dealing with that staff or being able to check on your child! I will be moving schools next year without a doubt. This is nothing against the teachers..just the office staff needing to learn some people skills.

Develops character: Disagree

I have mixed feelings about this school's integrity as a whole. Ever since the new anti-bullying policy was passed, teachers have to write a referral letter every time a child tells them they have been bullied whether it's true or not. The letters are then sent home with no investigation and a lot of unanswered questions. The report could be completely false but it's not up to them to determine it

My husband and I have loved having our children attend Lummis. We came from another school nearby and when we moved, I was only hoping for equal standards. I can honestly say that Lummis has exceeded our expectations and the teachers that my children have had over the past two years have brought me to tears a few times with the love they have for the students. They seem to truly enjoy teaching, making a difference and what I love most is that they care about every student in not only their own class, but every class. Every teacher treats the kids with respect and it is obvious that it comes from the heart. We are very happy!

I'm I am one of the students that go to lummis and ever since kindergarten lummis has always been there for me. Lummis is an amazing school was amazing teachers. I have learn so much in the past year there. But now since I'm leaving to 6th grade I hope we will always exceeds our standards and show students to be kind thanks you so much lummis. ?

For the area, this is definitely the best school. We came from another state with a much better school. My daughters were both in accelerated classes but the schools here (Lummis & Becker) refused to test them, look at their previous scores, or put them in accelerated classes. As a result, my daughters have not been challenged to the extent they should/could be. Still, if one is going to live in Vegas, this is undoubtedly the best place to be. And the teachers, staff, parents, & kids are wonderful.

We love Lummis elementary school. I have 2 children attending Lummis who are very different in their talents and abilities. each one is challenged by their teachers and given the proper attention to maximize their learning. The gate program has been very good and the battle of the books is a fantastic program to encourage literacy. Lummis has been a wonderful school and We are very happy with the school, teachers and administration.

As a teacher and parent, I highly recommend this school and community to anyone looking to move to Las Vegas or within Las Vegas. The staff is amazing and the school community as a whole is so inviting. If you are looking for a school for your kids to feel safe, happy and receive an outstanding education, Lummis fits all the criteria.

I really don't know what the author of the June entry is talking about. My daughter so far has had an amazing K-3 experience at this school. Her kinder teacher hatched chicks, every year her class put on a play, teachers individualize instruction to meet the needs of each child, and school is fun! Her teachers were experienced, kind, and truly outstanding. Students are not allowed to push into the lunchroom, and it is important to note that it is a district-wide policy to play first / eat second. Students do need to eat rather quickly to finish on time, but that's everywhere. Pit bulls?!? Dogs are not allowed on any school campus in this district. The only comment I'd agree with is the one about the old copiers, which is really due to insufficient education funding, not the school itself. Despite budget cuts and increases in class size over the last few years, this school continues to be excellent thanks to the awesome PTA and amazing staff.

Last modified William Lummis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.