Posted May 10, 2014
It has been a great experience. I teach at a different school and I love that my kids go to their neighborhood school. The teachers are so kind and the principal always listens to any concerns I may have and works to resolve them quickly. The staff enjoys children and so does the principal, who loves to dance with kids and genuinely seems to love children. I want to try and get a job at this school.

Posted March 26, 2014
My husband and I have loved having our children attend Lummis. We came from another school nearby and when we moved, I was only hoping for equal standards. I can honestly say that Lummis has exceeded our expectations and the teachers that my children have had over the past two years have brought me to tears a few times with the love they have for the students. They seem to truly enjoy teaching, making a difference and what I love most is that they care about every student in not only their own class, but every class. Every teacher treats the kids with respect and it is obvious that it comes from the heart. We are very happy!

Posted March 26, 2014
I'm I am one of the students that go to lummis and ever since kindergarten lummis has always been there for me. Lummis is an amazing school was amazing teachers. I have learn so much in the past year there. But now since I'm leaving to 6th grade I hope we will always exceeds our standards and show students to be kind thanks you so much lummis. ?

William Lummis Elementary School 3

Posted February 20, 2013
For the area, this is definitely the best school. We came from another state with a much better school. My daughters were both in accelerated classes but the schools here (Lummis & Becker) refused to test them, look at their previous scores, or put them in accelerated classes. As a result, my daughters have not been challenged to the extent they should/could be. Still, if one is going to live in Vegas, this is undoubtedly the best place to be. And the teachers, staff, parents, & kids are wonderful.

Posted August 15, 2012
We love Lummis elementary school. I have 2 children attending Lummis who are very different in their talents and abilities. each one is challenged by their teachers and given the proper attention to maximize their learning. The gate program has been very good and the battle of the books is a fantastic program to encourage literacy. Lummis has been a wonderful school and We are very happy with the school, teachers and administration.

Posted January 19, 2012
As a teacher and parent, I highly recommend this school and community to anyone looking to move to Las Vegas or within Las Vegas. The staff is amazing and the school community as a whole is so inviting. If you are looking for a school for your kids to feel safe, happy and receive an outstanding education, Lummis fits all the criteria.

Posted May 29, 2011
I really don't know what the author of the June entry is talking about. My daughter so far has had an amazing K-3 experience at this school. Her kinder teacher hatched chicks, every year her class put on a play, teachers individualize instruction to meet the needs of each child, and school is fun! Her teachers were experienced, kind, and truly outstanding. Students are not allowed to push into the lunchroom, and it is important to note that it is a district-wide policy to play first / eat second. Students do need to eat rather quickly to finish on time, but that's everywhere. Pit bulls?!? Dogs are not allowed on any school campus in this district. The only comment I'd agree with is the one about the old copiers, which is really due to insufficient education funding, not the school itself. Despite budget cuts and increases in class size over the last few years, this school continues to be excellent thanks to the awesome PTA and amazing staff.

William Lummis Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2010
New to Las Vegas and read this was one of the best schools. It was the WORST experience for my family. The kids are mean, parents look like gangsters (comparing tatoos, bringing their pit bulls on campus) etc. I volunteered to help in my daughters class. Teacher was so disorganized. Only 1 copy machine out of 5 worked. My kids would come home starved because they would either not get enough time to eat or hot lunch ran out. My child was injured during a "push war" to get to the lunch room. This school has the most unfriendly front office staff. I guess this is a good school for Las Vegas standards but not mine. We pulled our kids out and put them in private school. Our family is happy again.

Posted October 27, 2009

William Lummis Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2008

William Lummis Elementary School
9000 Hillpointe Rd, Las Vegas, NV  89134
Last modified William Lummis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Lummis Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top