Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted December 31, 2015
Be kind school and they recognize the kids at events and throughout the year. They need a full time counselor to help out the principal with students well being and Be kind programs

Posted December 31, 2015
I disagree with the bullying reports not being investigated. The letters and phone calls went home first...then an investigation, which was unfounded...thank goodness! It is called being proactive. I have had great experiences with the school even when my child has been on the discipline side. The administration is fair and really lets the parents share their side of the story.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted December 08, 2015
I am unsure about the integrity of this school based on the staff that runs it. I have lived in Las Vegas my entire life and have always dealt the CCSD, and this is by far my WORST experience ever.

William Lummis Elementary School 2

Posted December 08, 2015
I am extremely disappointed in this school's office staff. They are so rude and unprofessional and very insincere. Every time some one answers the phone they seem inconvenienced to answer a question or help. I have heard this from other mothers as well. This is the first year my children have attended this school and from day one trying to get them registered there was a joke. After calling over the summer at least 20 times when they should be open and being stared at through the windows by the office staff at the front doors and them not even acknowledging the fact that I was standing there 30 minutes before they closed, I knew I should have not enrolled my boys there. I am not sure why they seem to think they are better then others and why they don't have time to address or help the PARENTS of the students who attend their school is beyond me. I called to check on my kids and I was told she couldn't check on them. She couldn't even tell me if my kids were in their classrooms....WHAT!? NO WAY! What if there was ever an emergency, good luck dealing with that staff or being able to check on your child! I will be moving schools next year without a doubt. This is nothing against the teachers..just the office staff needing to learn some people skills.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted November 17, 2015
I have mixed feelings about this school's integrity as a whole. Ever since the new anti-bullying policy was passed, teachers have to write a referral letter every time a child tells them they have been bullied whether it's true or not. The letters are then sent home with no investigation and a lot of unanswered questions. The report could be completely false but it's not up to them to determine it

Posted March 26, 2014
My husband and I have loved having our children attend Lummis. We came from another school nearby and when we moved, I was only hoping for equal standards. I can honestly say that Lummis has exceeded our expectations and the teachers that my children have had over the past two years have brought me to tears a few times with the love they have for the students. They seem to truly enjoy teaching, making a difference and what I love most is that they care about every student in not only their own class, but every class. Every teacher treats the kids with respect and it is obvious that it comes from the heart. We are very happy!

Posted March 26, 2014
I'm I am one of the students that go to lummis and ever since kindergarten lummis has always been there for me. Lummis is an amazing school was amazing teachers. I have learn so much in the past year there. But now since I'm leaving to 6th grade I hope we will always exceeds our standards and show students to be kind thanks you so much lummis. ?

William Lummis Elementary School 3

Posted February 20, 2013
For the area, this is definitely the best school. We came from another state with a much better school. My daughters were both in accelerated classes but the schools here (Lummis & Becker) refused to test them, look at their previous scores, or put them in accelerated classes. As a result, my daughters have not been challenged to the extent they should/could be. Still, if one is going to live in Vegas, this is undoubtedly the best place to be. And the teachers, staff, parents, & kids are wonderful.

Posted August 15, 2012
We love Lummis elementary school. I have 2 children attending Lummis who are very different in their talents and abilities. each one is challenged by their teachers and given the proper attention to maximize their learning. The gate program has been very good and the battle of the books is a fantastic program to encourage literacy. Lummis has been a wonderful school and We are very happy with the school, teachers and administration.

Posted January 19, 2012
As a teacher and parent, I highly recommend this school and community to anyone looking to move to Las Vegas or within Las Vegas. The staff is amazing and the school community as a whole is so inviting. If you are looking for a school for your kids to feel safe, happy and receive an outstanding education, Lummis fits all the criteria.

9000 Hillpointe Rd, Las Vegas, NV  89134
Last modified William Lummis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Lummis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top