Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: no rating

The whole curriculum seems to have fallen apart, how can these teachers teach like they used to when they spend all day getting the BAD APPLES to stop interrupting. If you look at the school scores, you will see they are dropping by the second!! That is not the teachers fault! A lot of them are the same as before, just no support from the top. The grades are a direct refection of "Admin" END OF STORY

Develops character: Disagree

When my first child went here (6 years) The First 5 years were PHENOMENAL! The school was run to be just this! If there was a problem from one student to another, it was not tolerated!

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The teachers are great, the administration is terrible. The principal loves to be the center of attention. She wears silly costumes, she stands out in front of the school and waves to oncoming cars. But, he does not help the students cross the street or supervise the dangerous parking lots. She is not concerned for the safety of the students, she just cares about her own ego.

My two children enrolled at Dean Allen last year and will remain until they graduate to middle school. We were extremely pleased with the school's community feel. The kids' teachers were excellent and really got to know and understand their personalities and learning styles. We think the principal is excellent -- not only did I see her at every single event I attended, but the one time I met with her individually I found her to be a fantastic advocate for my child. The new GATE teacher (started in 2013) is EXCELLENT. I hear raves about him from parents in every grade level he teaches (3-5), and my kids loved his lessons. Of course no place is perfect and we do wish some of the teachers would ramp it up in math and that there were more options for recess play (there's no soccer!). But overall we are very happy and supportive of the school, it's administration and teachers, and yes, even the personable and always-on-watch janitor!

It is just a shame that there are individuals who write inaccurate information about our school, Dean Allen. I have been through all administrations at Dean Allen and have such a warm feeling about each and every Principal who has been at the helm of our school. It is true that there is different leadership styles. This doesn't make for a bad family environment. It has been my honor to be a part of one of the best schools in our school district. Our current principal is the most magnificent individual. She is loving, caring, fair and always available. I recommend for anyone who has issues with our school to address your concerns with our current administration and see how available she is to you before you decide to write your thoughts here. If you have issues with others i.e. office staff, teachers, or any other support staff please give the principal the opportunity to address your concerns. You will find her quite capable of making decisions in the best interest of our children who are our No. 1 priority at Dean Allen.

Three of my children attended Dean Allen. They have all graduated from there so I do not know the current principal, but I have heard wonderful things about her from friends. The office staff is the same now that were there for the majority of the nine years my children went there. They are all very hard working and put the students' needs first. The custodian has been there forever. His always positive attitude is so wonderful, for the students, teachers and the parents. My children and I have so many wonderful memories from those precious years. We are so thankful we moved to that area of town.

It's interesting to note that most often, the people who leave negative comments or give negative feedback are the ones with complaints. As a teacher fortunate enough to call Dean Allen my home, I concur with those who hold my school in the highest regard. Our current principal is not only a visible presence on campus, she a shining example of how to work collaboratively! I am blessed to gave worked with our previous principal and honored to work with Mrs. F. We expect excellence from our students and ourselves...and we deliver! Come visit and see!

Dean Allen elementary school,this is a great school, i have 2 kids , they graduated from here,and 1 is still here, and i come often during lunch, that area looks bad there is two much clutter ,and i see the janitor, talking with the kids, teasing them, jockyng with them , and does not do is work, i dont like the janitor playing with the kids, specially with girls.. be careful with this guy, I been watching him, (lawsuit), I have seen this long enough and cant stand it.. other than that the school is good, office staff, and principal...

My two grandchildren attend Dean Lamar Allen Elementary School in the third and first grades. They have been there for all the years they have been in school so far. The teachers are a huge asset to Dean Allen, and we have yet to find a teacher that isn't productive with our kids. They seem to know how to bring the best out in both of them. When problems have come up, teachers, and other school officials are quick to notify parents, and get involved in achieving a resolution. They have e-mails that go to the parents, and I (if I chose to do so) could also e-mail their teachers, however I know that my daughter uses this way of locating and contacting each of the teachers. They have many productive after-school programs for the kids, and encourage development of core curriculum between grade levels. The school was named after their great grandfather, and my grandchildren mention that they are happy to go to a school that carries him name! Thank you, Madalene Munford

My daughter loves Dean Allen. There is no prejudice at this school. I am a minority and I love this school. The office staff has never been anything but professional. Mr. Prince is a prince of a principal. My neighbor is a teacher here. Her children have all gone to Dean Allen and they are now all honor roll students in junior high. I have friends who have gone through open enrollment and gotten zone variances to be at this school. The PTO and parent involment is wonderful. This school does so much for the students. My daughter is reading two grade levels above her grade. This school still has music, art, and PE on top of their excellent academic cirriculum. Perhaps sometimes people perceive rudeness when it is not actually the case. If they are going into the office and being demanding during a peak time, they probably need to be patient with the staff and not think that they are not being immediately helped because they are a minority. And perhaps parents should not air their dirty laundry in the first place so that it is not brought up in front of others. Ultimately, Dean Allen is a wonderful school.

Last modified Dean Lamar Allen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.