Las Vegas, NV

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 31, 2015
The teachers are great, the administration is terrible. The principal loves to be the center of attention. She wears silly costumes, she stands out in front of the school and waves to oncoming cars. But, he does not help the students cross the street or supervise the dangerous parking lots. She is not concerned for the safety of the students, she just cares about her own ego.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted August 31, 2015
The front desk and the principal verbally abuses students and encourages them to cower to authority.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 31, 2015
The front desk and the principal are rude to students and parents alike. They are totally disrespectful.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 31, 2015
The school does not promote compassion. The front desk and the principal are arrogant bullies.

Posted August 17, 2014
My two children enrolled at Dean Allen last year and will remain until they graduate to middle school. We were extremely pleased with the school's community feel. The kids' teachers were excellent and really got to know and understand their personalities and learning styles. We think the principal is excellent -- not only did I see her at every single event I attended, but the one time I met with her individually I found her to be a fantastic advocate for my child. The new GATE teacher (started in 2013) is EXCELLENT. I hear raves about him from parents in every grade level he teaches (3-5), and my kids loved his lessons. Of course no place is perfect and we do wish some of the teachers would ramp it up in math and that there were more options for recess play (there's no soccer!). But overall we are very happy and supportive of the school, it's administration and teachers, and yes, even the personable and always-on-watch janitor!

Posted April 23, 2014
It is just a shame that there are individuals who write inaccurate information about our school, Dean Allen. I have been through all administrations at Dean Allen and have such a warm feeling about each and every Principal who has been at the helm of our school. It is true that there is different leadership styles. This doesn't make for a bad family environment. It has been my honor to be a part of one of the best schools in our school district. Our current principal is the most magnificent individual. She is loving, caring, fair and always available. I recommend for anyone who has issues with our school to address your concerns with our current administration and see how available she is to you before you decide to write your thoughts here. If you have issues with others i.e. office staff, teachers, or any other support staff please give the principal the opportunity to address your concerns. You will find her quite capable of making decisions in the best interest of our children who are our No. 1 priority at Dean Allen.

Posted April 23, 2014
Three of my children attended Dean Allen. They have all graduated from there so I do not know the current principal, but I have heard wonderful things about her from friends. The office staff is the same now that were there for the majority of the nine years my children went there. They are all very hard working and put the students' needs first. The custodian has been there forever. His always positive attitude is so wonderful, for the students, teachers and the parents. My children and I have so many wonderful memories from those precious years. We are so thankful we moved to that area of town.

Posted April 23, 2014
It's interesting to note that most often, the people who leave negative comments or give negative feedback are the ones with complaints. As a teacher fortunate enough to call Dean Allen my home, I concur with those who hold my school in the highest regard. Our current principal is not only a visible presence on campus, she a shining example of how to work collaboratively! I am blessed to gave worked with our previous principal and honored to work with Mrs. F. We expect excellence from our students and ourselves...and we deliver! Come visit and see!

Dean Lamar Allen Elementary School 4

Posted March 06, 2014
For my child Kindergarten through 4th grade had a wonderful principle and the energy of the school was a happy fun time! It seemed like one big family. The principle was always available and willing to speak with you. This year the new principle is really not visible, she does the pledge in the AM super super super fast. I saw her briefly at one function. The school now seems like every other school around. Go to school...Go home...like SouthWest airlines, shuttle them in shuttle them out. No personalization.....This school was set up by prior individuals to BE SUCCESSFUL and it is....Everything in place was set prior. My child's class IS AMAZING! Her teacher is AMAZING!! Her art teacher is AMAZING...PE AMAZING...great group of people. As far as the Janitor...having seen him for 6 years now...he patrols this school like a bull dog...no one gets on campus without him on them that quick! He runs a tight ship....I have never seen him play with any children in all the years there. Just my opinion.

Posted March 05, 2014
Dean Allen elementary school,this is a great school, i have 2 kids , they graduated from here,and 1 is still here, and i come often during lunch, that area looks bad there is two much clutter ,and i see the janitor, talking with the kids, teasing them, jockyng with them , and does not do is work, i dont like the janitor playing with the kids, specially with girls.. be careful with this guy, I been watching him, (lawsuit), I have seen this long enough and cant stand it.. other than that the school is good, office staff, and principal...

8680 West Hammer Ln, Las Vegas, NV  89149
Last modified Dean Lamar Allen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dean Lamar Allen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top