Las Vegas, NV

Posted May 26, 2015
We had our children in another private school that sold itself and being the best academic program in Las Vegas, not true. Las Vegas Day School has a strong, traditional educational philosophy that has produced hundreds of successful students who excel in high school and college because they are challenged and given strong study skills during the fundamental years. This school is just quiet and humble about it.

Posted April 15, 2015
I love my school. I have been a student at LVDS since preschool and it is fantastic. Cool teachers that care if you learn and understand. I will graduate this year but I don t want to leave.

Las Vegas Day School 1

Posted March 04, 2015
I am currently a student attending the Middle School program, and I don't really like it. They make it so that no one has their own schedule, they just go to the same exact classes with the same exact people every day. It's basically elementary school inside of a hallway with less students and you alternate classes. Also, you have absolutely no freedom here. This is not a middle school it is a hallway. Whenever you have a question about the policies at the school, they answer it with a stupid excuse. There aren't any electives at the school so you are forced to take P.E., Spanish, and Art. The education may be good but they go out of their way to teach you things that you don't really need in life. They only put their focus to big sports like football and basketball while the rest are left to suffer. I have attended this school for a while now and it is good for elementary school education but if your child doesn't want to spend middle school suffering then take them out before then.

Posted October 08, 2014
love my school! so happy ! I wish I can RE ATTEND school! so comforting when you walk in, and everyone is absolutely so caring....

Posted October 04, 2014
This school is ABSOLUTELY amazing!!!! family owned, everyone personable, everyone cares, the administration is top-notch and I am so happy that I am here. What a blessing. great curriculum, and the teachers actually care about your child as if it were their own.

Posted January 15, 2014
Fantastic school! I moved my child from a small faith based school to LVDS and couldn t be happier. Their focus is on academics versus religion. They are also big enough to have specialists to teach Spanish, music, art, PE and computer as well have numerous after school sports and clubs. It is more expensive but well worth it.

Posted December 12, 2013
You don t know how great this school is until you try someplace else. We left for three months for another private school and came right back.

Posted May 29, 2013
Great school overall. Our two boys attend (ages 5 and 7). The administration is involved and active, there are numerous school activities and the academics are first rate.

Posted May 08, 2013
I toured and subsequently enrolled my child in Las Vegas Day School. The environment is warm, caring and compassionate starting with the Admissions Director to the teachers, aides and administration. As the school year went on and different issues naturally occurred all of my initial feelings were confirmed in a positive manner. Concerns or questions are answered promptly and the school is extremely fair with disciplinary and academic expectations despite being a very challenging program. Parents looking at private schools should tour those schools to really know what they are all about. At LVDS what you see and feel is what you get.

Las Vegas Day School 3

Posted February 27, 2012
Make sure the teachers are certified. We found out the hard way When our daughter went to high school. She had to take health and a computer class over again because the LVDS teacher had no certification in those subjects. Coach Lair was one for Health. Ok for Gorman but not the ccsd. You would think with all the money we spent there and all the teachers layed off that LVDS could of solved this issue.

Las Vegas Day School