Bad
Good

Recently moved to Jersey City from Totowa and my son attended catholic private school since pre-k. This school is very welcoming and warm, the staff and faculty are very professional and made me feel as if I was a long time member. I really recommend this school. The principal is extremely educated and humble. Academically this school is making its numbers. I love this school and hope my son will stay here until graduation to go to high school.

Principal Rivero is a kind passive individual who does not seek to communicate with the parents nor move the school forward to meet today's challenges. The school is changing faster than imagined. The increase in children of educated parents will help improve the schools despite the lack of planning. The school is an institution from the past. No warm welcome when the kids enter the school, communication is barely online (no blog or direct contact that is regularly used online) and an atmosphere that feels like it is still 1970. The school simply does very little to keep parents who have options to send their kids to other schools interested in PS5. If your child is in the Dual Language program they are in a better place than the rest of the student population. The problem is the program only extends to the 5th grade. I do hope the school improves as a young/growing neighborhood is only as good as the schools inside it.

I love ps#5. Great school with excellence teachers ...thet have a excellent dual language program.

This is a fantastic school! My son was in the dual language program Pre-K 4 and Kindergarten. The teachers are well qualified, attentive and there is great communication. I do think they need to send some translation for the parents for the Spanish weeks for those who don't know because sometimes it was a little hard to help. Sometimes the online translations weren't the same as what the homework wanted, ie goat translated to cabra, but the homework wanted Chivo.

Very Good School with well qualified and very good experienced teachers.I Love PS#5 School. I Love PS#5 School.

I am 46 years old and I am proud to say the PS #5 is the school that gave me the basis for who I am today. This school has always placed great emphasis on their students and the teachers have always been top notch. The 70's were a volatile era but this school made it very easy to forget the outside world and focus on education.

Yes, the majority of teachers at this school are wonderful. But there is definite favortism. The principal needs to stop making so many speeches and do her job. The school needs more extra curricular activities. Less writing and more attention to the students.

This is a excellent school. I have attended it since Pre-K and this year of 2010 I'm going to graduate this school. The teachers are GREAT and the education is excellent. I'm friends with everyone so I would say the students are friendly as well. I love Dr. Micheal Conti *we believe we can achive*

The teachers are excellent .This school not only gives importance for academics but also decipline which is first step to success.

The teachers are great, the building is squeaky clean, and the principal really cares. The only thing the school is missing is serious parent involvement.

Last modified Number 5 Elementary School is a Public school