PK-8 & Ungraded
Jersey City, NJ

Rafael De J. Cordero No. 37 Elementary School 1

Posted December 29, 2014
This school is horrible. From the administration to the the teachers. The focus of the teacher's and administration is not on teaching students but rather getting by till the end of the day. I have complained about the lack of learning and the administration has ignored me. Im disappointed by there response and feel its unfair because i pay plenty of taxes to live in this area and yet i will have to pay for my sons private education due to the poor quality of this school. I urge all the parents who i have spoken to and feel the same way to voice their opinions and concerns!
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 26, 2013
Hi I work at this school and I love it. The teachers and other staff members are really great. We all work for the better of the child, without thought for ourselves, In all situations, we work together to solve or find solutions that will better the outcome of our students education and will make well rounded individuals in the future. Our school motto is "At Cordero We Believe That Every Child Will Achieve" this is not just a motto, we truly do believe this. All teachers are working to improve the future of our students so that they may in turn be better citizens in our community. I have worked with all grade levels at this school as an Inlusion Teacher. I can honestly say that we are as one in our team, I could not be happier at Cordero. If you would like your child to acqure a top education and excellent social and civic concience and a sence of belonging to a school, this is the place for your child.

Posted October 24, 2013
Some friends recommend this school to me. I am on the waiting list, hope to join the school ASAP

Posted August 29, 2013
great school, my son first year, was honored student of the month April; 2013, His teacher, was great, this year Sept 2013, now retired my son excelled in all his classes, excellent staff. I am happy my son was placed in this school, great and concern staff. M.gonzalez Jersey city NJ

Posted August 12, 2013
There are special education classes that affect test scores. It s good as elementary school. I didn t find any private elementary school with better curriculum.

Posted August 11, 2013
This is a great school. Don't kid yourselves parents - charter schools or private schools with multi-thousand dollar price tags are no better. They might make YOU feel better, like you are being pro-active and actually doing something for the betterment of your kids, but your children are still getting the same level of education. All you need to do is take a look at the throngs of parents trying to get their children into the Kindergarten program to gauge this school's popularity. The school library could definitely use more resources, and an extreme makeover. Active parents only, please!

Posted May 18, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Cordero staff especially the teachers Mrs. Anderson and Mrs. Bina Kapadia who have been my son's prek-4 and Kindergarten teachers.The academics in Kindergarten is at par with any of the private school to the best of my knowledge. I am happy with my kid's progress. Singh's Family

Posted March 12, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to Thank All Cordero Staff employees for there outstanding work and professionalism. (Mr. Stryner,Ms. Rivera, Ms. Visone, Ms.Castella, Ms. Anderson, Ms. Keich, Mr. Farrior, RN Stone, Ms. Pilla, Mimi, and of course (Sonia). Thanks to all for your caring, support, communication and services provided to my 2 Angels. Sincerely, The Jordan's Family.

Posted July 26, 2009

Rafael De J. Cordero No. 37 Elementary School 0

Posted July 01, 2009
It's an excellent school. Great teachers and everything. I don't understand why this school is rating is 2/3 ?

Rafael De J. Cordero No. 37 Elementary School
158 Erie St, Jersey City, NJ  07302
Last modified Rafael De J. Cordero No. 37 Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rafael De J. Cordero No. 37 Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top