Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

The Principal is mean to the parents, staff and children of this school. He can barely hear, and he makes it known when you are talking to him that he does not want to talk by simply turning away. He does not care about the children or school, just that when he does retire he leaves with a good record. The children get bullied by other children and nothing is done to stop it. This school only cres about numbers, so much that they take the student with the most issues and lie about his or her tests. Do NOT put your child here. The bathrooms are a disgrace. The school is dirty. And some teachers, well, the ones I have spoken to only put up with the children.

If you want your child to grow up in a hostile prison-like environment, by all means choose this school. Awful administration, terror tactics, subpar test driven education.

Both the principal and vice principal are very involved... in addition the students are being taught classes to advance their lives at this point in time.....

I am very happy with the quality of education my children are receiving at Cordero. The school has quality teachers, a responsive administration and a great community of engaged parents.

I am really pleased with this school. My son and I moved to Jersey City from Brooklyn where he attended a school for performing arts. The school he was initially placed in wasn't a fit at all and he was moved to Cordero. His teacher Mrs. Davis is a wonderful teacher who not only is a good educator but genuinely cares about all her kids. Besides the one on one experience with Mrs. Davis the entire staff are very involved with every student and the students have very well mannered and respectful. I love this school truly looking forward to Middle School at Cordero.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Let me just say that I really don't see why this school has such a low rating. It is an awesome school. Originally, my son attended a Performing Arts School in Brooklyn, but we made a move to Jersey City and now he attends Cordero School. His teacher Mrs. Davis is such a great teacher and he loved going to school. The staff is awesome and really show interest and care for every student. The bullying at 37 school is basically non- existent, and if there were any issues I have no inhibitions that the staff is more than equip and willing to handle any situation. Now my son is moving into middle school and I look forward to going into another faze of his school life.

Great curriculum, responsible and responsive teachers, enrichment programs , parents involvement, gym. All there, very satisfied.

We moved our children to Cordero (PS37) last year after first sending them to OLC. While there are things that could be better, we are very pleased with the school overall. Many parents are very involved and the community in general is excellent. We can afford to send our children to private school, but found that it served only to make US feel better, the education was not better. In fact, we found it necessary to hire a tutor in addition to paying tuition. If you are an involved parent and care, the teachers will engage and your children will succeed. End result (for us) is a better education for $20,000 less per year. Good Luck..

This school is horrible. From the administration to the the teachers. The focus of the teacher's and administration is not on teaching students but rather getting by till the end of the day. I have complained about the lack of learning and the administration has ignored me. Im disappointed by there response and feel its unfair because i pay plenty of taxes to live in this area and yet i will have to pay for my sons private education due to the poor quality of this school. I urge all the parents who i have spoken to and feel the same way to voice their opinions and concerns!

Hi I work at this school and I love it. The teachers and other staff members are really great. We all work for the better of the child, without thought for ourselves, In all situations, we work together to solve or find solutions that will better the outcome of our students education and will make well rounded individuals in the future. Our school motto is "At Cordero We Believe That Every Child Will Achieve" this is not just a motto, we truly do believe this. All teachers are working to improve the future of our students so that they may in turn be better citizens in our community. I have worked with all grade levels at this school as an Inlusion Teacher. I can honestly say that we are as one in our team, I could not be happier at Cordero. If you would like your child to acqure a top education and excellent social and civic concience and a sence of belonging to a school, this is the place for your child.

Last modified Rafael De J. Cordero No. 37 Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.