PK-8 & Ungraded
Jersey City, NJ

Posted July 11, 2015
I am really pleased with this school. My son and I moved to Jersey City from Brooklyn where he attended a school for performing arts. The school he was initially placed in wasn't a fit at all and he was moved to Cordero. His teacher Mrs. Davis is a wonderful teacher who not only is a good educator but genuinely cares about all her kids. Besides the one on one experience with Mrs. Davis the entire staff are very involved with every student and the students have very well mannered and respectful. I love this school truly looking forward to Middle School at Cordero.

Rafael De J. Cordero No. 37 Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 11, 2015
Let me just say that I really don't see why this school has such a low rating. It is an awesome school. Originally, my son attended a Performing Arts School in Brooklyn, but we made a move to Jersey City and now he attends Cordero School. His teacher Mrs. Davis is such a great teacher and he loved going to school. The staff is awesome and really show interest and care for every student. The bullying at 37 school is basically non- existent, and if there were any issues I have no inhibitions that the staff is more than equip and willing to handle any situation. Now my son is moving into middle school and I look forward to going into another faze of his school life.

Rafael De J. Cordero No. 37 Elementary School 4

Posted April 18, 2015
Great curriculum, responsible and responsive teachers, enrichment programs , parents involvement, gym. All there, very satisfied.

Rafael De J. Cordero No. 37 Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2015
We moved our children to Cordero (PS37) last year after first sending them to OLC. While there are things that could be better, we are very pleased with the school overall. Many parents are very involved and the community in general is excellent. We can afford to send our children to private school, but found that it served only to make US feel better, the education was not better. In fact, we found it necessary to hire a tutor in addition to paying tuition. If you are an involved parent and care, the teachers will engage and your children will succeed. End result (for us) is a better education for $20,000 less per year. Good Luck..

Rafael De J. Cordero No. 37 Elementary School 1

Posted December 29, 2014
This school is horrible. From the administration to the the teachers. The focus of the teacher's and administration is not on teaching students but rather getting by till the end of the day. I have complained about the lack of learning and the administration has ignored me. Im disappointed by there response and feel its unfair because i pay plenty of taxes to live in this area and yet i will have to pay for my sons private education due to the poor quality of this school. I urge all the parents who i have spoken to and feel the same way to voice their opinions and concerns!
5 people found this helpful

Posted October 26, 2013
Hi I work at this school and I love it. The teachers and other staff members are really great. We all work for the better of the child, without thought for ourselves, In all situations, we work together to solve or find solutions that will better the outcome of our students education and will make well rounded individuals in the future. Our school motto is "At Cordero We Believe That Every Child Will Achieve" this is not just a motto, we truly do believe this. All teachers are working to improve the future of our students so that they may in turn be better citizens in our community. I have worked with all grade levels at this school as an Inlusion Teacher. I can honestly say that we are as one in our team, I could not be happier at Cordero. If you would like your child to acqure a top education and excellent social and civic concience and a sence of belonging to a school, this is the place for your child.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 24, 2013
Some friends recommend this school to me. I am on the waiting list, hope to join the school ASAP

Posted August 29, 2013
great school, my son first year, was honored student of the month April; 2013, His teacher, was great, this year Sept 2013, now retired my son excelled in all his classes, excellent staff. I am happy my son was placed in this school, great and concern staff. M.gonzalez Jersey city NJ

Posted August 12, 2013
There are special education classes that affect test scores. It s good as elementary school. I didn t find any private elementary school with better curriculum.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 11, 2013
This is a great school. Don't kid yourselves parents - charter schools or private schools with multi-thousand dollar price tags are no better. They might make YOU feel better, like you are being pro-active and actually doing something for the betterment of your kids, but your children are still getting the same level of education. All you need to do is take a look at the throngs of parents trying to get their children into the Kindergarten program to gauge this school's popularity. The school library could definitely use more resources, and an extreme makeover. Active parents only, please!
3 people found this helpful

Rafael De J. Cordero No. 37 Elementary School
158 Erie St, Jersey City, NJ  07302
Last modified Rafael De J. Cordero No. 37 Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rafael De J. Cordero No. 37 Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top