Bad
Good

Cedarbrook is just ok! I believe many families believe its the better school in Plainfield, well don't believe the hype! Time for new leadership at Cedarbrook. They need improvement. I think its time we bring back the Gifted and Talented program and assist the kids who are strong academically in every school. Bullying has found its way in every school (state) and its at Cedarbrook! However our board and this district wants to define every bullying situation as students having conflicts, that's impossible for every case. So its time more action be taken and if we have Zero Tolerance then what is it for? Plainfield scores are failing so what does that mean for our kids? Parents need to help teach and discipline your children, the teachers can't do it all. I would like to see the expectations raised for parents and students but the teachers need to be about the business of educating the children and not take away from them because of no contracts! The kids deserve the best they are not responsible for what the State, the Union or your district does not do! Submitted by a parent

Really i'm happy with my 2 Kids on cedarbrook school. I hace a 11years old and 7 years old kids.. I think is the better school on plainfield

What I think parents should know is that the Principal and teachers have lost their desire to teacher the way we as adults know remember teachers to be. They are more concerned about contracts and state test scores. They see the kids as pawns to get them their contracts and promosions. The kids are suffering because the staff lacks structure and are not prepared daily. The principal staff appears to be putting their best foot forward, but in the end it's just an illusion.

This school year appeared to open with great enthusiasm from teachers, students and administration! Although last year was very challenging for all and many (but not all) of the students suffered due to a lack of effective instruction (due to a few incompetent, resistant, non-caring teachers who have been transferred out) I feel Cedarbrook is definitely BACK ON THE LIST for one of the BEST Elementary Schools in Plainfield! Finally, we we have our school back where everyone is working hard towards the vision of ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE for all!

My school is... pretty good the teachers there are good, but the curriculum should be higher. They keep us at the same par all the time.

Me gusta esta escuela porque mi Hijo esta ahi, y sus maestras son un punto espesial para la enseananza !! oh se puede decir tambien un punto clave porque Dios las puso ahi para que ensenen al futuro pastor, al futuro levita, al futuro alcande de su ciudad, que mas puedo decir ahi se esta formando su actitud su personalidad, y ni que decir de la principal es una mujer con un carishma, impresionante es tambien puesta por Dios para forjar futuro no solo en mi hijo si no en toda la infancia, que dirige, porque ella es guiada por Dios para hacer lo que a ella le gusta hacer y es ensenar, tanto a los maestros, como a la ninez de Cedarbrook Dios los continue bendiciendo!!

As a parent I would like to say I love that my child has the opportunity to attend this school. My child is in Kindergarten and as an educator myself I must say that she recieves the attention she needs and I get the communication from the teacher that is needed so we can work as a team together. A really appreciate the dedication from her teacher but I must say you can tell there is an disconnection between the administration and the teachers.

This is my kids first year at Cedarbrook. Coming from another school and town this school is much better that the other schools. I still don't know why people are saying that this school is bad. My kids are doing so well, they are learning a lot. Yes the Principal, Mr Asante is doing a great job, my kids love him a lot. He shows them respect, care and love. I love about all the activities they have for their students. I don't know why this school is rate so low(2) when in fact they have students with high grades. I love this school and I will rate # 8. Yes # 8 just because they need to get more more parent involved. PATT need to work more hard in getting parents involved, we need more flyers or more advertising or copies of their events. I will recommend this school..

5 stars-Cedarbrook hands down is the best elementary school in Plainfield. I am not only a parent of a student here, but I also went to this school as a student. The parents are very involved, the teachers care deeply and the Principal is young and dynamic. I will recommend this school to any parent.

This is my daughter's fifth year at Cedarbrook. The school is not bad, but it could and should be a lot better. There is a problem with a number of unruly children that disrupt the learning process. I would like to see the expectations raised for parents and students.

Last modified Cedarbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.