Brooklyn, NY
After care: No

Posted June 01, 2015
My younger daughtre is starting Kindergarten in September 2015 and the older one is going into 5th grade. I have had some concerns about the test prep, but what parent of a 4th grader in NYC doesn't? I still feel like the school is a bit behind on starting the prep and a lot of materials they use earlier in the year is old dating back to 90's. No kidding, I've seen it. There is a morning program for some children to provide extra test prep, but I had no idea about it existence until it was too late. Even though the teacher told me only kids with consistently poor test results make the cut to be included, I know at least 3 children from the enrichement program who were takign these classes. Seems a bit unfair to some other kids who are in the middle range and still need extra help. This is where my complains end. The school test results are extremely good when compared to the other schools in the district. So hopefully, the results are the same this year. Mrs. Olivieri is a great principal, lover her weekly emails. Parent association has came up with a few new fundraisers that have been very successful I think. Overall, don't listen to bad reviews, the school is good. Unfortunately, there might be not so good teachers, but we were lucky to avoid them so far. No school is perfect and every child is different. Overall, it can't get much better than this school.

Posted May 05, 2015
P.S. 222 is absolutely incredible. The foundation of this school is built on academics, compassion, respect and community. My daughter is excelling tremendously. We made the right decision to move her out of her private school and place her here. Her ability to articulate, learning style, and accomplishments here are shaping her for a wonderful academic and personal future. It definitely starts in the formative years. My hope is that all children can have a great academic experience as the kids in P.S. 222 are having. We're extremely grateful. We look forward to sending our youngest child for Pre-K next year. This school and their administrators are gems!

Ps 222 Katherine R Snyder 1

Posted January 21, 2015
I moved to the area because I wanted my kids to attend this "Blue ribbon" school. Oh boy! Was this a mistake?! I deeply regretted my decision shortly after the school begun. This school is all about "pathologizing" your perfectly healthy and striving kids. Truly shameful. I transferred my kids out of the school just after a year. Now, my kids are happy and so am I. Beware parents, talk to other parents and most of all do your research! Good Luck

Ps 222 Katherine R Snyder 4

Posted June 26, 2014
Found the school to be an amazing Blue Ribbon School! Both my children attended P.S. 222 and my daughter graduated this year. I have no regrets. The students have a wholesome environment in which to play and learn, with teachers and staff who are genuinely interested in their success. I would recommend this school to any parent.

Ps 222 Katherine R Snyder 1

Posted June 25, 2014
I must agree with previous comment. I had bad experiences with the school staff. Some of the teachers are unresponsive and rude. My child is graduating this year and thankfully, I don't have to send my daughter there ever again. Ms. Hanley needs to take some lessons in "how to interact with parents politely". Overall, I'm dissatisfied with the school.

Posted April 17, 2014
This is my daughter 2 year in ps222 we are very grateful to be part of this school I would recommend the school for your kids The education is unbelievable and the teachers are great can't wait to start our 3 year next year looking forward to it

Ps 222 Katherine R Snyder 3

Posted January 28, 2014
So far I was not able to schedule a visit to this school as a parent. Are there any tips to get a tour of this school? ...other than calling the school or leaving messages to the parent coordinator.. giving it 3 stars only because I've heard great things about the school but I have no first hand information on it.

Posted January 04, 2014
My son is in his second year at PS 222. Pre-k and now kindergarten. I couldn't be happier with the teachers and staff. Everyday, I'm excited to watch him enjoy learning. Positive reinforcement with the color chart and activities that allow him to enjoy leaning. Love the email notification from Ms. Olivieri. Agree with the school lunch review of being able to pay and get notifications online

Posted January 03, 2014
Correction to one of the reviews below: new Principal is Theresa Olivieri and not Ms. Hanley. Ms. Hanley is the Assistant Principal. My daughter has been a student of PS 222 since 2010, she's a 3rd grader now. We cannot be happier about how Mrs. Olivieri manages the school. There are more email communications now. The school was one of the National Blue Ribbon Award recipients in 2013. We are very proud to be members of the PS 222 community.

Posted October 08, 2013
My was in K now in first grade. I was amazed to witness day by day his progress in writhing, maths and reading. It still puzzels me, how the staff managed to make such accomplishment. what i like about the school is the diversity and the exposure of the kids to other culture, religion and ethnicity. Great school.

Ps 222 Katherine R Snyder
3301 Quentin Road, Brooklyn, NY  11234
Last modified Ps 222 Katherine R Snyder is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 222 Katherine R Snyder Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 68 reviews. Top