Brooklyn, NY
Students enrolled: 1,867

Posted July 01, 2014
Hi I'm not in this school but,I recently got accepted to a cig program in my school.I'm transferring and I applied for this school.If I get in will they still put me in a gifted class.please reply.

Posted April 30, 2014
The three years my son has spent at Cunningham were so great to him. Cunningham really brought out his personality. I remember in the beginning of the 6th grade my son had a problem, he thought he couldn't really fit in with the type of environment that Cunningham had. It was a change. But by meeting new types of people and living around this environment, made him cherish the years he had spent there. The teachers were so cooperative. It wasn't hard for him to make friends either. The sports programs are also varied. That was a big part for his time there as well. It brought out his competitiveness. Overall if you are looking for a school that has teachers who listen, a nice environment, and a comfortable learning area, this is definitely the school for your child.

Jhs 234 Arthur W Cunningham 2

Posted April 16, 2014
This school is mediocre at best. My daughter is in CIG (Center for Intellectually Gifted). She is not being challenged and is capable of much more!

Posted October 29, 2013
i go to this school and i love the teachers are so nice and have excellent degrees as what kind of teacher they are. It might be a challenging school but still very good. Cunningham rocks

Posted September 26, 2013
This school is great for 8th graders. They have a after school high school preparation class that will help them to prepare for High School Entrance Exams. The school is very up to date with technology as well. A plus in a modern day society where you have to be experienced in technology.

Posted February 13, 2013
I go to this school and it is a really good school. Sure, it's a challenging school but it is awesome. All of the teachers know what their doing and the 8th graders are not bad, maybe a bit annoying, but not very bad. The principal is also really strong and has great leadership. I have challenging teachers, but they explain really well with what they are talking about. Also, there are so many after school programs you could go to.

Jhs 234 Arthur W Cunningham 1

Posted February 05, 2013
This school is full of garage you know why this school have knife and they like attacking 5-6 grader

Posted January 29, 2013
This is by far one of the best middle school's in ny...love this school and thats where i learn how to play handball...the teachers are great..I am of class 98' wilmy jean hey if any of old friends from class of 98' are on here give me a buzz wilmii25@gmail.com...long live cunningham

Posted January 07, 2013
Great School. So many excellent teachers. One social studies teacher, Ms Frederick is the strictest and *smartest* teacher my son has ever had, she gets him, it was an authentically challenging class for my gifted child.

Posted April 29, 2012
i really love this school because there are so many programs and it's fun to learn. I hope that when everyone reaches 6th grade, they will join this school

Jhs 234 Arthur W Cunningham
1875 East 17th Street, Brooklyn, NY  11229
Last modified Jhs 234 Arthur W Cunningham is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 234 Arthur W Cunningham Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top