Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My child was targeted by a group of whites and Asians and it was swept under the rug.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

My child only had a couple of teachers that she thought had her best interest in mind. She didn't think very highly of most.

Amount of homework: Neutral

My child felt like she was given way too much unnecessary homework that was often not checked by the teachers.

I loved attending it as my brothers and sisters it has so many oppurtunities and is the best

I'm a parent of an Cunningham student and I would have to say that it was a great school. The only thing I'm greatly disappointed in is the change in system which is ridiculous. CIG/Vanguard and the additional programs no longer exists for 8th graders. Apparently it's called the "High school system", but nothing changes but the students in each class. I find it so strange how students that were originally in General or Cyber went 2-3 levels up.The reasons that these programs existed was to help all students learn what was beneficial to them, but some ridiculous idea was brought up to change it entirely. My children and their friends tell me constantly about the kids that were originally not in CIG/Vanguard constantly complaining and cheating. The principal of this school in my opinion needs to get a grip and learn some common sense. Before this system was established this year, if a program was not challenging a student then only would that student change programs & classes. But going up 2-3 programs up is really surprising. The programs now are called " Advanced, Honors, General." BUT INSTEAD OF 4 ADVANCED LIKE ORIGINALLY 4 CIG CLASSES there's 8 advanced classes.You would think that it's basically CIG&VANGUARD combined however its not. Children of different capabilities are placed in this program. There's kids from cig, vanguard, cyber and general in this program. CIG is the top program for a reason. They don't learn regular 8th grade math. They learn Algebra 1 & Earth Science which is taught at 9th grade. SO WHY ARE CYBER AND GENERAL KIDS EXPERIENCING THIS?? 6th graders enter this school by taking the OLSAT and that score is what should determine what program you should be for the next 3 years unless you change the way you think and commit to school work. This is how the SHSAT works also! I'm very dissatisfied.

I love this school !!!! Im a 6th grader and this school gave me the best environment to get used to this school .

Hi I'm not in this school but,I recently got accepted to a cig program in my school.I'm transferring and I applied for this school.If I get in will they still put me in a gifted class.please reply.

The three years my son has spent at Cunningham were so great to him. Cunningham really brought out his personality. I remember in the beginning of the 6th grade my son had a problem, he thought he couldn't really fit in with the type of environment that Cunningham had. It was a change. But by meeting new types of people and living around this environment, made him cherish the years he had spent there. The teachers were so cooperative. It wasn't hard for him to make friends either. The sports programs are also varied. That was a big part for his time there as well. It brought out his competitiveness. Overall if you are looking for a school that has teachers who listen, a nice environment, and a comfortable learning area, this is definitely the school for your child.

This school is mediocre at best. My daughter is in CIG (Center for Intellectually Gifted). She is not being challenged and is capable of much more!

i go to this school and i love the teachers are so nice and have excellent degrees as what kind of teacher they are. It might be a challenging school but still very good. Cunningham rocks

Last modified Jhs 234 Arthur W Cunningham is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.