Chaumont, NY

Posted March 24, 2014
I have children at this school. We recently moved to the district from a much larger school in the area. My daughter needs extra attention and this school provides everything she needs. The teachers email me and keep me updated with her progress. Since the school is much smaller we are already well known by the staff and they make us feel very welcome.

Posted November 13, 2013
I recently went to this school until my mom left the Army. If I had a chance to go to that school again I would pack my stuff up and leave. I rate it as a five star school.

Lyme Central School 0

Posted May 28, 2009
I have previously attended Lyme in past years. If the opportunity came to me to go back, I would take it in a second. I have been to all different sized schools and the smaller they are the better I learn. You have a close-knit relationship to everyone in the school and the teachers know your learning ability because they only have a handful of students that they teach. Even if the school is small their are more opportunities for students like me. I am not very good at sports and this school gave me the opportunity to play the ones I wanted to. You dont have to be the best of the best to make the team like you would at a larger school. This gives students confidence and a little self-esteem. In my opinion, this school is so worth it.

Lyme Central School 1

Posted April 18, 2009
This school is fine for elementary students who can thrive in small class sizes, but high school students need to have more choice in order to prepare them for college and the real world. Lyme Central with 360 students in grades pre-K through 12 all in one building does not cut it. They should leave the dark ages and wake up and realize that small means your should centralize with another town for the welfare of kids and taxpayers alike!!

Lyme Central School 4

Posted June 25, 2008

Posted May 04, 2008
What a refreshing change from the everday chaos of large schools! This is a great school for kids with a wonderful environment where they can thrive! I am very impressed coming from a much larger district where to even think about playing sports you had to be the best of the best or got benched. The academic environment is wonderful with so much more one on one, class sizes are smaller allowing more interaction and shame on those that knock a small community. So much gets lost in the big schools, including the kids. I feel proud to have such a wonderful school and to have my child raised in its environment. Lyme is top notch, safe and wonderful place to send your kids, I specifically moved here to give my child the small school experience, other larger area schools have truly gone down hill and in my opinion are unsafe

Lyme Central School 1

Posted March 05, 2008
Personally I do not care for this school. I am very disappointed with the elementry Principle and other special ed teachers. My children are questioned about their personal life since it is a small knit school. Children are labeled and treated as such. Many other parents and myself are seeking alternative options for education for our children. I would not suggest this school, It has become a community heartache and headache for many parents.

Lyme Central School 2

Posted September 20, 2005
Honestly, I dont care for lyme central. I think some teachers take advantage of the authority given and dont take time to really listen to the students, this has put a bind in the parent-teacher relationships.

Lyme Central School 4

Posted September 17, 2004
Lyme Central is a very close knit school. Teachers have the chance to get to know students and parents. They do need however to promote more communication between all, especially in all the grades k thru 12. It provides a unique opportunity with k thru 12 in the same building. The little kids look up to the bigger ones. It helps the older children to know they are looked up to, they can make a difference.

Lyme Central School
11868 Academy Street, Chaumont, NY  13622
Last modified Lyme Central School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lyme Central School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top