Bad
Good

This school is great. There are great teachers and para-professionals there. Maybe people do not know but among other schools this is one of the schools that handicapped children have the opportunity to attend. This year has been challenging though. As much as the school (the administration) would like to help, there are some children that need more attention than the school could provide. This school hasn't backed down though and has accepted the challenge to TRY and for that I give them an A-plus.

I posted the last comment. I meant comment, not compliment. Sorry! Sheesh, I've seriously gotta use 15 words for a comment?!

My child goes to P.S. 135Q - The Bellaire School. THE WORST SCHOOL EVER! Since day 1, my daughter has been bullied by her classmate, and the teacher does nothing about it, yet this school is said to be "Bully Free". The VP won't do anything, other than making claims that she wasn't there (so obviously it didn't happen), making my daughter out to be a liar. Her class teacher, scolds and lectures her, every time she went to complain about the bully.Repeatedly, we've tried to talk to the principal and school about this, but till today, nothing is being done, and my daughter comes home from school, sad and hurt. My daughter who used to love going to school, now absolutely hates school, because of this school. Save your kid, if you want them to have a good positive learning experience, don't send them to this school, for the love of God.

All my children went their, it is a beautiful school. teachers and helpers are just fantastic

This is a good school because they really care about the children. They help them to strive for greatness with awarding them for being student of the month and are very informative when it come to state test and different events. The school and the grounds are well maintained.

I am a senior at this school in the gifted class. I love these teachers. They are so awesome. There are even cool programs you can join. It even lets you learn ballroom dancing for free. Wowee wow wow!!!

This school improved. When my older child used to attend here, the school wasn't as well as it is now. The Standerized State Test Scores have improved, the extracurricular activities have improved, with a great variety for elementary children. All teachers are dedicated and care about where your child will be going for middle school. I couldn't ask for anything better than 135!

I love this school. It was an experience of a lifetime, with many options. My children always walked out of school with a smile. In 5th grade, a few kids start to think that he/she is all that and start to make fun of kids, classes in whole, but all matters are immediatley handled and I love that. This school is safe, and a happy place to be. Highly reccommended.

This school has improved greatly and is one of the best schools I think there are in New York City for elemantry! The staff is so dedicated and so are the teachers. They work hard to make sure students get the best and only the best. 4th and 5th get to participate in Dancing Classrooms. There are many amazing programs after school such as Drama, Dance, Band, and a small Haitian Club. There is a huge choice avaliable for middle schools. You don't face alot of peer pressure and its just an extraordinary school in the whole. We get to take trips to Camp Broadway, JIB Lanes and we got junk food, and even baseball games. The kids are so friendly. You can make a friend in a minute! The graduation ceremony is also outstanding at a church and their is also a senior dance and a yearbook. I love 135!!!!!!!

This school is a very good elementary school. I think it needs some new 5th grade teachers. Many of the 5th grade teachers are amazing and others are tired and put alot of pressure on the kids. Some of the 5th grade teachers I like, others I dislike. They need some new ones. Overall, this school is okay. The activites are great and the cooperation is good. I'd give it a b plus right away!

Last modified The Bellaire School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.