Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 1,112

Posted April 02, 2014
GREAT SCHOOL WITH PLENTY OF DISCIPLINE AND ADVANCED CLASSES. THANKS TO THEIR TEACHERS THE STUDENTS ARE CHALLENGED AND MOTIVATED TO DO THEIR BEST IN ALL OF THEIR SUBJECTS.

Posted January 16, 2014
This school is devoted to the betterment of its students. The administration and teachers work hard to help students becomes better learners and citizens. 202 offers a variety of programs for all students including honors classes, regents classes, ESL Saturday classes, tutoring for state tests, a drama and band class, in addition to the many after-school sports and clubs. Both the drama and music classes put on spectacular performances throughout the school year. The school is also now in the process of forming a peer mediation program. The principal makes it a point to attend PTA meetings that take place once a month where students who have excelled in their classes are awarded. The school grounds remain a safe place for all students. The success of the school is evident in that students from 202 have been accepted into some of the best schools in NYC, including specialized high schools. Don't be discouraged by reviewers who had ONE bad experience and decide to slander the school because of it. 202 has been, and still is, one of the best middle schools in Queens.

Posted October 12, 2013
My Grandson graduated from this school and he was able to get a good education. Ms. Nelson and all the 8th grade teacher are wonderful. My only problem with this school is the Principal and the 8th grade counselors. The are not concern with the best interest of their students but in advancing in their careers. Mr. Duffy is also ba great and dedicated teacher.

Posted August 07, 2013
I go to this school and i am going into 7th grade doing great but the only problem here is the bullying. For example the teachers don't handle it the right and this kid but he doesn't do anything. Doesn't wear his uniform and the gym teachers let him use his phone in class and he just doesn't CARE. I am just saying this type of kid disturb the ability of others so maybe others are afraid for example THIS KID since i am not allowed to say his name he was T bagging my friend face down on the ground in gym class and the teachers DIDN'T CARE. We didn't help because he would of just got us and do it to us. Especially since i am in the ARP class ITS REALLY ANNOYING because these type of people don't care about the future. Just Make a guess what they want to grow up to be a drug dealer or someone working at McDonald or even a smuggler THINK OF THAT. Just think of that teachers.

Jhs 202 Robert H Goddard 1

Posted July 08, 2011
this school is horrible!! WAY too much bullying and the uniform are far beyond a disgrace to mankind. the only event that your child will hyperventilate about is school ending. PLEASE save your sanity and DO NOT come here unless you are hoping your child will become suicidal.

Posted October 29, 2010
I have 2 children in this school, one in 6th grade and one in her 2nd year of H.S. I have to say this school has done wonder for my children, My 6th grader has a learning disability, which obviously wasn't handled properly in her former school as she is now a straight A student, and my High Schooler just made the Arista program, the teachers are phenominal, the principals, Asst. Principals and Deans are really on top of things, I couldnt be happier with the progress my kids have made here!

Posted December 09, 2009

Posted November 12, 2009
I am an 8th grader at M.S 202 and I have to say I think it is a wonderful enviroment for us to learn in. Also, I hope to attend the highschool that has just recently been added, so if I didn't absolutely love the school and all of the welcoming teachers and staff, then I think I would not be staying in the same school. M.S 202 offers many different classes from ARP to Special Ed, each grade gets it own sets of assistant principals, deans and teachers but it amazes me how we all stay so close and commited to our work when everybody is getting there individual needs taken care of. It is truly a great school and I feel safe and secure every day that I go there.

Jhs 202 Robert H Goddard 4

Posted October 16, 2009

Jhs 202 Robert H Goddard 1

Posted October 15, 2009

Jhs 202 Robert H Goddard
138-30 Lafayette Street, Queens, NY  11417
Last modified Jhs 202 Robert H Goddard is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 202 Robert H Goddard Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top