Queens, NY

Posted May 26, 2014
I agree what other parents are saying with this school. Mychild is a Sophomore and I couldn't thanked St John's enough for the opportunities that he got from this school academically, socially and spiritually. my son is looking forward to the educational trip next year. I recommend this school to other parents. And my daughter will eventually go to the same school next year.

Posted May 25, 2014
St. John's Prep cares about its students academically and morally. It is a wonderful choice for any 8th grader to attend. It offers many half year electives for students to have an areas of study in Computers, Art, Business, Science, etc. that other schools like McClancy and Christ The King do not have, since they only offer full year courses, limiting family choices due to programing. The school is affiliated with St. John's University and seniors can attend their year on campus and finish Freshman year of college in their senior year and can begin as sophomores at any college they wish. The honors program is amazing with many college credits accumulated even before senior year. Beautiful campus, caring staff, variety of courses, safe neighborhood. I recommend this school to any 8th grade parent looking for a high school.

St Johns Preparatory School 3

Posted April 13, 2014
I'm a senior in this school currently. I'm pretty happy to be leaving. The teachers in this school (70% of them) are awesome, they know how to teach well, make things fun and are very courteous to all of us students. The remaining 30% could be better and normally play favorites. There is a sense of favoritism amongst some of the faculty though. I am an honors student, have maintained a 95 average and didn't get selected for NHS or Campus Life, while kids who had significantly lower averages than I and more behavorial problems did. These kids are all either in sports or friends with the faculty. The students are a hit and miss. Some are really nice and cool, some are just ugh. This school is ethnically diverse to the core, but not diverse in anything else. All the kids like horrible rap music, ugly clothes and sneakers. If you don't like any of those (like me), you may find it hard to make friends. Some of the kids are snobby and rude. A large amount of my senior class dreads coming to school, like it sucks the life out of them.

Posted August 12, 2013
St. John's Prep is a wonderful school. They have courses in each subject area which are on 4 Levels - Honors, Advanced, Regular, and Below. This way a top child can be highly challenged in their strongest areas in Honors and Above Level challenges in areas which they are above grade level but not as strong. This is the only Catholic High School which has Advance classes too.. Most only have Honors or Regular classes. If you do not make honors, then you are only in Regular. Also, the amount of elective classes are abundant in comparison to other schools like McClancy, St Agnes or Holy Cross. If you live in Western Queens, there is no other place to go to besides St. John's Prep for your son or daughter.

Posted July 12, 2013
St. John's is an excellent school that offers a challenging curriculum and many extra-curricular activities. It is connected to St. John's University.The students are well-mannered, and I have had lots of chances to observe them. A big emphasis on service. Teachers are great and many students from other schools go to St. John's for tutoring and help.

Posted April 27, 2012
St. John's is a great school and has a tremendous academic program. Really great, so many students win scholarships to college. It is like a big family . Everyone is nice and even the upperclass welcome kids and really, there is no bullying. The teachers and guidance have a lot of connections to top colleges and the alumni, who come back for career day etc. also are very impressive. Several of my junior and seniors got job offers. We also get to go to a lot of special programs at St. John's university.

St Johns Preparatory School 4

Posted November 01, 2011
St. John's is a fantastic school. The teachers (with the exception of a few) are awesome and are always offering study/review sessions after school. There are a ton of clubs and activities, and there are several sports teams. I am aware that this school has a bad reputation. That is strictly because of the students. They have absolutely no manners. However, that only goes for about 25% of the school. That may seem like a lot but it really isn't. Being a junior in all honors classes, I don't experience bad behavior in class. However, I definitely see it after school, and I've adapted to it (although I still tend to roll my eyes at those groups of people). But please do NOT let this discourage you from going to this school. I really mean it. As long as you find your group of friends, you'll be absolutely fine. Making friends was not one bit hard for me, and I must admit I'm a huge nerd. There is no bullying because everyone has friends. I think having friends is the most important part of getting through high school. You'll always have someone by your side. Give SJP a chance. It really, truly is an amazing school with amazing opportunities.

St Johns Preparatory School 0

Posted April 30, 2010
St. Johns Prep is a horrible school with mean students. Students get picked on by students and teachers. I regret I didn't send my son to public school. I don't recommend this school

St Johns Preparatory School 4

Posted March 02, 2010
SJP is a great school and yes it offers many extracurricular activities and the teachers are very helpful and great. There are Many clubs,spots and electives you can choose but if you also want to have fun their aren't dances,fundraisers,talent shows but their are concerts(only two winter & spring) and the trips well you'll have fun fun on it. so you'd have to experience it for your self if you want the whole feel of the school SJP. All in all it's a pretty good school.

St Johns Preparatory School 0

Posted August 31, 2009
This school is boring and not worth the expensive tuition. A few selection of teachers show favoritism to preferable students and I personally notice the racism among older teachers. There are barely students and students are not so bad but are disliked by people who live around St. John's Prep (noise walking towards train). There are no AC's. Also all students say teachers only choose students they want to be in sports team, school president, etc. I wouldn't recommend this school. Its just a school to be in and be out, no real high school experience.

St Johns Preparatory School
21-21 Crescent Street, Queens, NY  11105
Last modified St Johns Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St Johns Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top