Woodbury, NY
Students enrolled: 2,331

Monroe Woodbury High School 1

Posted December 11, 2014
This school more like prison. School starts at 7:00 or 7:15 am and in order to get to school on time my child should take 6:30 bus and wake up to get ready for school at 5:30. This is ridiculous. My son start high school as an honor student, but during his first year he was getting up to 9 hours of home work and after sport activities he was coming home around 6pm plus home work he was going to bed at 2 am. I went to school to talk to them about enormous load of home work, but they only blaim everything on him being slow with home work or playing games on computer etc.. Now he is a senior without any dreams and motivation to keep learning. During more then 3 years of this school we went true several incompetent teachers, detentions for being in cafeteria during study hall, etc.. My hairdresser placed her daughter to privet school because she was constantly bullied and school did not do anything to help that girl. I should of done the same. We have a few suicidal kids and my neighbors daughter was trying to kill herself to. If you love your kids run from this school.

Monroe Woodbury High School 2

Posted July 21, 2014
There are much better schools. This school is good in academics but they lack in any student control. They do not teach values like respect and compassion and the students seem to dictate too much in this school. Parents put pressure on the school even when their child is in the wrong and subsequently the school does not do its job. THey need to tighten their dress code and be more accountable with their students. This school is highly political and unjustly swayed. If you have other choices I would explore them

Monroe Woodbury High School 3

Posted July 18, 2014
The school is great when it comes to education, but not enough to balance out the concern for sports, as if it was more important than academics. And there seems to be a lot of discrimination as well, which scares me because I wouldn't want anybody else witnessing this sort of acts that just aren't necessary.

Posted March 21, 2014
MW Central School District offers a well rounded curriculum, excellent teachers, administration that cares and communicates, updated facilities, and exceptional after school activities.

Monroe Woodbury High School 4

Posted March 18, 2014
How is this district faring these days? Is the HS still in favor with the students & parents? How is the music dept? -potential MW family

Posted November 09, 2013
Monroe Woodbury HS is a great school. The teachers are nice, the students are friendly, and nothing bad happens here. The lunch tastes amazing and there are many things to eat! In MWHS, there are many things we can do, from clubs and activities, to sports and plays. There are a variety of fun, yet when it comes to academics, MW is very dedicated and the teachers actually want you to go to college. Great school - 10/10! -Monroe Woodbury Freshman Class of 2017! Crusaders!

Monroe Woodbury High School 4

Posted October 18, 2012
Excellent school with very qualified teachers, lots of available electives for students, competitive with athletics and academics. There was one area I felt they lacked in though. We are a military family and my daughter transferred to the school the summer before 11th grade. The counseling staff didn't seem to understand how to help transfer students very well and didn't provide consistant information on diploma requirements since my daughter was not staying in NY for college and therefore didn't need additional endorsements on her diploma. We had to figure out a lot of that on our own.

Monroe Woodbury High School 1

Posted February 27, 2012
Certain teachers/staff in this school have bullied (put their face near my child & screamed for no reason, threatened physically, wouldn't allow passage through), deliberately miss-graded my child because I complained about the teacher

Posted September 23, 2010
To this parent, it sounds like you are the only parent that feels this way about M-W. It seems to me you are wrong and everyone else is right because you are the only parent or student that gave the school a bad review. If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything.

Posted March 12, 2010
this school will help you through out your journeys in life. i hope you will enjoy your time at this school

Monroe Woodbury High School
155 Dunderberg Road, Woodbury, NY  10917
Last modified Monroe Woodbury High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monroe Woodbury High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top