Posted May 19, 2014
I attended James Martin in 6th grade & I am in 11th grade now. The teachers werent TERRIBLE, but they were certainly not good. take it from a student that has actually attended this school: the kids were horrible. if you're child is in anyway "different" or sensitive or EASILY INFLUENCED, don't let your child go here. I was bullied relentlessly because of the way I looked, the way I dressed, the way I acted. I had absolutely no friends at all and the teachers were indifferent. the kids cussed, they were loud & rowdy & sometimes there would be no teacher in the classroom at all and it was just chaos. in no way does this school prepare you for high school. I developed bad habits. the teachers didn't care, nor did they make any attempt to help me. Please, if you're a parent, make the effort to find a GOOD school for your child & not just dump them anywhere. A good school early on will definitely make an impact on how well your child performs in high school and so on. and if you are a teacher, make the effort to help your students. don't just stand & watch them get bullied, be receptive. But until things get better, don't let your child go to James Martin, for their sake. just don't.

Posted May 13, 2014
James Martin middle is a great middle school . We are moving toward to become legendary . Yes our test scores may not be as good but we are trying to help that but taking rig msl's every week , we retake until we pass this has helped because the eog's are coming up . The teachers are great , they make sure each student is in a comfortable learning environment . An 8th grade teacher recently won student of the year at our school out of our zone . We are taking steps to become legendary .

Posted October 30, 2013
Teacher harassed and bullied the students and the principal and assistant principal rather discipline the student and not the teacher. They are not focus on education and better there school

Posted October 22, 2013
Teachers can only do so much. What are you doing? Whatever it is you can not blame the school.

Posted September 10, 2013
James Martin Middle School reminds me of the new movie about Steve "Jobs". Forget the past & focus on the future with new leadership! Transform the education world with optimimism & a clear vision. Chuck Sawicki VP NC SCORE Certified Mentor

Posted August 22, 2013
All the kids there are bad and ghetto and the teachers can't even control them everyone there is always saying bad words and they talk about drinking and smoking weed

James Martin Middle 2

Posted August 22, 2013
I'm not sure of letting my daughter stay here for the whole 7th grade year most of these reviews are terrible im going to see how the school is from august-December I might have send my daughter to new York if this doesn't work out

Posted January 26, 2013
Out of 30 years of teaching, this school has been the worst experience of my career. A previous review states that "over the past two years bad teachers are no longer a part of this school". That is totally untrue. Most of the teachers left this school because of the principal. And the teachers that left were among the best. Nothing improved, not behavior nor test scores while the principal was in charge. Moral sank to the very bottom.

James Martin Middle 3

Posted January 03, 2013
We will see how they'll fare with the new principal...My daughter graduates in June 2013...

Posted April 12, 2012
My daughter is a sixth grader at this school and she absolutely hates it. This will be my childs last year at this school. In all honesty, it's not the teachers, it's the students. My daughter has had many problems with the students but the teachers have been very helpful.

James Martin Middle
7800 Ibm Drive, Charlotte, NC  28262
Last modified James Martin Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Martin Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 61 reviews.