Bad
Good

Posted February 23, 2016
My son has been going to this school less than 4 months and has been through it all. Kids here are allowed to bully other kids and teachers look the other way with no intentions to stop it. my son has gotten into fights that he did not start. Based on what I was told from the teachers. He has gotten beaten in the head on different occasion in his science class all the teacher had to say was " boys will be boys" He is in the 7th grade the bullying goes from the class To the hallways. I asked for a change in classes to try to resolve the issue they did it however, This school has groups of thugs that run in packs. I don't wake my child up every morning to get dress to go to a war zone. that is the feeling I get. I will be taking him out of this school very soon! but beware if your child attends this school. the principal has never contacted me on any incident! I'm outraged

Posted June 06, 2015
This is the worse school in town. The teachers are rude, disrespectful, don't teach and really don't care at all. The staff is unhelpful and extremely inappropriate! They do a very poor job at keeping the parents informed. I also feel they are quit ignorant when it comes to the Hispanic race, it is assumed you are Mexican if you are Hispanic and labeled early on as an immigrant. School is a place to learn and this school does not do that! I warn you, don't send your child here, you will regret it!

James Martin Middle 4

Posted May 01, 2015
There are students this year who want to learn and there are students who don"t. I'm doing well and I've been on A/B honor roll all year. The teachers are nice and teach the kids who want to learn. They help me with my questions. There are disruptions but the teacher can send security to remove the student, or they can write the student up. Socially I do great, I'm nice to everyone and have lots of humor. Coming to an conclusion, I think this school is okay .........{ tbh idk what happens in 7th & 8th because I'm in the 6th grade }

Posted December 13, 2014
I went to school at James Martin Middle from 6th grade to 7th grade. I am currently a 8th grade student at another school. but anyway the children at the school are rude, mean, and very disrespectful to adults. The teachers do not want to educate students and are very violent. For example we had a teacher that would often threaten us if we made her mad The teachers also do not communicate with students or parents at ALL. All throughout the years I went there my parents only got 1 email from a teacher. The administration doesn't focus on grades , they focus on punishments more than anything. I was bullied in the 7th grade by a girl in my dance class. She stole my clothes, wrote on my things with lip gloss, and she cursed at me on the last day of school and told me it was her that had been bulling me the whole year. The Principle did nothing even though I came to him in the past. The school has a major bullying problem and I am not the only victim of it. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL AT ALL.

Posted May 19, 2014
I attended James Martin in 6th grade & I am in 11th grade now. The teachers werent TERRIBLE, but they were certainly not good. take it from a student that has actually attended this school: the kids were horrible. if you're child is in anyway "different" or sensitive or EASILY INFLUENCED, don't let your child go here. I was bullied relentlessly because of the way I looked, the way I dressed, the way I acted. I had absolutely no friends at all and the teachers were indifferent. the kids cussed, they were loud & rowdy & sometimes there would be no teacher in the classroom at all and it was just chaos. in no way does this school prepare you for high school. I developed bad habits. the teachers didn't care, nor did they make any attempt to help me. Please, if you're a parent, make the effort to find a GOOD school for your child & not just dump them anywhere. A good school early on will definitely make an impact on how well your child performs in high school and so on. and if you are a teacher, make the effort to help your students. don't just stand & watch them get bullied, be receptive. But until things get better, don't let your child go to James Martin, for their sake. just don't.

Posted May 13, 2014
James Martin middle is a great middle school . We are moving toward to become legendary . Yes our test scores may not be as good but we are trying to help that but taking rig msl's every week , we retake until we pass this has helped because the eog's are coming up . The teachers are great , they make sure each student is in a comfortable learning environment . An 8th grade teacher recently won student of the year at our school out of our zone . We are taking steps to become legendary .

Posted October 30, 2013
Teacher harassed and bullied the students and the principal and assistant principal rather discipline the student and not the teacher. They are not focus on education and better there school

Posted October 22, 2013
Teachers can only do so much. What are you doing? Whatever it is you can not blame the school.

Posted September 10, 2013
James Martin Middle School reminds me of the new movie about Steve "Jobs". Forget the past & focus on the future with new leadership! Transform the education world with optimimism & a clear vision. Chuck Sawicki VP NC SCORE Certified Mentor

Posted August 22, 2013
All the kids there are bad and ghetto and the teachers can't even control them everyone there is always saying bad words and they talk about drinking and smoking weed

James Martin Middle
7800 Ibm Dr, Charlotte, NC  28262
Last modified James Martin Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.