Public charter
High Point, NC
Before care: Yes

Phoenix Academy Inc 5

Posted December 07, 2014
We have been a Phoenix family for 7 yrs. Academically our school is accelerated. However they are excellent at making sure each individual child learns in the way that best suits that specific child. My children have taken German since Kindergarten and my middle schooler has had Spanish for 2 years. The library is great they have music/orchestra, Visual Arts, Chorus. They have PE teachers that engage the kids and expose them to all kinds of interesting activities/sports. They offer lunch. Parent volunteers are welcome unless a special circumstance (testing, science fair) volunteering for those is set up in advance I assume to reduce confusion and distractions on testing days (which I really appreciate since 2 of mine have ADHD). Class sizes are not as small as they were when my 2 oldest started there but they are alot smaller than the public school in our district. My kids have access to and are trained in computer technology and my middle schooler is provided a laptop for school and home use.

Phoenix Academy Inc 5

Posted November 22, 2014
This school has great learning, and they are above grade level in teaching. I like this school!

Phoenix Academy Inc 1

Posted October 03, 2014
My son currently attends Phoenix, but will not next year. No math curriculum. Library time is a joke. An assistant comes to his room to read, not even an actual librarian. Parents are not allowed to volunteer within the school as we were able to in our last public school. We aren't allowed to help out in the classroom, make copies, or help out with recess. Greatly disappointed in this school.
3 people found this helpful

Phoenix Academy Inc 3

Posted May 30, 2014
I have two children enrolled in PA and academically they both are doing well. However I do have several concerns. Why is there only PE one day a week? I understand the art, music and library only being held once per week, but would like for them to have more physical education as well. My husbands company offered to buy and have installed playground equipment and were told only monetary donations, why? We wre made to believe when enroll ing that our children would have iPads, that never happened. The equestrian program lasted one day. Required volunteer work is a joke because the only thing I was ever able to volunteer with was teacher appreciation week and proctoring exams. I also dislike that comments made on their Facebook posts, that at all question Norcross, are immediately deleted. People should be able to ask questions and state opinions. There should be some modifications made to the dress code as well, ie: shoes and white or blue sweaters. Hope it all gets better as they move into the new building. Going to give it one more year and hoping for the best.
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 30, 2014
Our kids have been here for one year. The things the previous person said are mostly true about no cafeteria, no playground, cramped rooms - and worst little to no communication! But our kids LOVE it there! They are learning and happy so we will give it some more time to see what the next year brings! There seems to be NO principal at the 2-6 grade school and at least one teacher who had caused many many problems! There is admin there though who is always available. Let's see what changes they make!

Posted April 29, 2014
As a parent, I really like Phoenix. I like the fact the ratios are small and the idea of uniforms. I am very impressed by their test scores as well.

Phoenix Academy Inc 3

Posted February 18, 2014
Having lived in the area for over 10yrs I've heard great things about Phoenix. Needless to say when we had to pull our child out of private school I didn't give a second thought to enrolling him at Phoenix. Overall, I could not be more disappointed in this school. IF you decide to enroll your child at this school this is what you can expect : - No cafeteria - Tiny classrooms - far too many children crammed in - No playground - only an open field where the kids can run around and a fenced in area with mulch - No parents are allowed past the lobby. This creates a feeling of being 'unwelcome'. - No PTA or PTO so parents are not encouraged to be involved - Incessant requests for money, copy paper, communal school supplies - Mediocre communication and very poor organization - Although GCS provides funding for the school they make no decisions on how the school operates, nor can they assist in resolution of issues. - The superintendent is disingenuous. Don't expect her to assist in resolving any issues. - The principal is very good at resolving issues and is almost always available for parent meetings via phone or in person. - Most of the ladies at the front desk are very kind
2 people found this helpful

Phoenix Academy Inc 1

Posted January 24, 2014
This is our 2nd year @ Phoenix. We were pretty happy last year but this year it is going downhill very fast. Recently some of the teachers who worked there for more than 10 years left Phoenix and took up jobs at other schools. I have friends who are teachers at other schools in the area and everyone said Phoenix is losing teachers because of bad administration. They highly recommended me to pull out my kid.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 30, 2013
My child has been at this school a few years and compared to other schools it's best for my child. The teachers have been wonderful but the administrative staff has been of less standards. There are things that could be fixed but most of all I enjoy my child's experience. My child is above average for her grade and is being introduced to material that is above the state requirements for public schools. For the most part Im satisfied with the school and my child's education.

Phoenix Academy Inc 2

Posted October 10, 2013
This is our 4th year with Phoenix. When we started at Phoenix the small class size is what I was most excited about. This year the class sizes are no longer small, my child has 21 students in their class. They do not have a school nurse on staff in either building. There is not a cafeteria; however they offer a catered lunch at $5 a day. I understand that this (3rd 6th grade) building is a temporary space so I am trying not to be too hard on them however my child s classroom is not even a real classroom, the walls do not go up to the ceiling and there is no door. They still do not have desks. There is no fenced in mulch area for them to play, they play in the parking lot. The temporary building does not have a place to come eat lunch with your child. Expansion, last I heard they are trying to obtain a more permanent space for 3rd 5th grade however it will still be in a separate building than the K-2nd graders and a different building from the middle school students. Remember no nurse, no cafeteria, and no playground and if you have more than one child remember multiple school buildings with car lines for each building.

Phoenix Academy Inc
4020 Meeting Way, High Point, NC  27265
Last modified Phoenix Academy Inc is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Phoenix Academy Inc Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top