Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Posted September 01, 2015
My son attended this school in the 1st grade. They do not want any parent involvement. Parents are not allowed to even see the classrooms. The teachers and administration are not available by phone or in person. I regret ever sending my son to this school. The kids are stuck at their desks all day. No movement is included during the day.

Phoenix Academy Inc 2

Posted June 10, 2015
We went for the testing and were told it would take 1.5 hours. One of the parents asked if there was a tour & was told that they would have to check & see if anyone was available to show us around. The Principle McNees showed up and was visible confused on certain aspects of her school. The library is a joke, no cafeteria, no play ground, no gym the kids play in the parking lot behind the school which doubles as the drop off & pick. When school is in session you are not allowed past the front lobby. When U do come U have to sign in with a cop. U have 19 to 21 kids in a class, that's the average size of a public school classroom. I played phone tag with the school. I called several times with questions and each time I was told that the person I needed was in another building. They won't transfer you and when they tried they hung up on me but claimed it was due to the phones being internet based. When I did get someone they couldn't answer my question and had to send me to another person. I emailed the Principal & 24 hours later I still had not heard back. I called and was transferred to her voice mail. I left a message & waited & waited. I wrote a 2nd email and within a few minutes she wrote back claiming she had been in a meeting all day. Then instead of answering my question or calling me she wrote back asking if she could call me the next day. The next day came and still no phone call or email from Principal McNees. I called the school again and got shuffled around from person to person before ending up on McNees voice mail again. I left a message & an email, and guess what within 15 minutes she responded back to my email. If she will not bother to return my call during the time school is closed. Do you think she'll call you back during the school year when you really have an issue with something. Phoenix. doesn't care, it's a business for them and they know there's another sap waiting to get in. Save your money and time, yes money because you're gonna buy the school it's copier paper, pens and anything else they might need and they're gonna call it school supplies for your kid.

Posted February 23, 2015
If you are looking for a school to drop your kid at the door and not be involved in any fashion with their education - this is the school for you. PA has been around for a long time and I thought we were so blessed to get in the lottery. But now, anyone can get in because they have expanded the school so much that it is no longer a small, quaint charter school. If your child acts like a child, you also may want to reconsider this as a choice. There is no tolerance for kids being kids they are disciplined for typical childlike behavior. With no playground and a joke of a PE program there is no outlet for the children to release energy. I will take my chances with the county school next year.

Posted December 30, 2014
I am so thankful that we chose Phoenix for our daughter. After moving to North Carolina towards the end of the school year last year we quickly realized that the public school that was offered to us wasn t going to meet our needs. Thankfully we were able to get her into Phoenix. We are a military family so we ve had her in numerous schools in the past as we had to move a lot. In all of her other schools she struggled because she wasn t being challenged. She is very smart so she d get bored and talk a lot during class. She is in second grade now at Phoenix and they use a system to assess each child s learning ability. The material is then adjusted to better challenge each child individually. My daughter is really enjoying school now and doesn t get in trouble for talking and disrupting class anymore. It s hard at time taking her and picking her up every day, and making her lunches day after day, but it s a sacrifice I m more than willing to make if it means she s going to be in a stimulating and challenging environment around people who understand and appreciate her personal aptitudes and abilities.

Posted December 07, 2014
We have been a Phoenix family for 7 yrs. Academically our school is accelerated. However they are excellent at making sure each individual child learns in the way that best suits that specific child. My children have taken German since Kindergarten and my middle schooler has had Spanish for 2 years. The library is great they have music/orchestra, Visual Arts, Chorus. They have PE teachers that engage the kids and expose them to all kinds of interesting activities/sports. They offer lunch. Parent volunteers are welcome unless a special circumstance (testing, science fair) volunteering for those is set up in advance I assume to reduce confusion and distractions on testing days (which I really appreciate since 2 of mine have ADHD). Class sizes are not as small as they were when my 2 oldest started there but they are alot smaller than the public school in our district. My kids have access to and are trained in computer technology and my middle schooler is provided a laptop for school and home use.

Posted November 22, 2014
This school has great learning, and they are above grade level in teaching. I like this school!

Posted October 03, 2014
My son currently attends Phoenix, but will not next year. No math curriculum. Library time is a joke. An assistant comes to his room to read, not even an actual librarian. Parents are not allowed to volunteer within the school as we were able to in our last public school. We aren't allowed to help out in the classroom, make copies, or help out with recess. Greatly disappointed in this school.

Phoenix Academy Inc 3

Posted May 30, 2014
I have two children enrolled in PA and academically they both are doing well. However I do have several concerns. Why is there only PE one day a week? I understand the art, music and library only being held once per week, but would like for them to have more physical education as well. My husbands company offered to buy and have installed playground equipment and were told only monetary donations, why? We wre made to believe when enroll ing that our children would have iPads, that never happened. The equestrian program lasted one day. Required volunteer work is a joke because the only thing I was ever able to volunteer with was teacher appreciation week and proctoring exams. I also dislike that comments made on their Facebook posts, that at all question Norcross, are immediately deleted. People should be able to ask questions and state opinions. There should be some modifications made to the dress code as well, ie: shoes and white or blue sweaters. Hope it all gets better as they move into the new building. Going to give it one more year and hoping for the best.

Phoenix Academy Inc 4

Posted April 30, 2014
Our kids have been here for one year. The things the previous person said are mostly true about no cafeteria, no playground, cramped rooms - and worst little to no communication! But our kids LOVE it there! They are learning and happy so we will give it some more time to see what the next year brings! There seems to be NO principal at the 2-6 grade school and at least one teacher who had caused many many problems! There is admin there though who is always available. Let's see what changes they make!

Phoenix Academy Inc 4

Posted April 29, 2014
As a parent, I really like Phoenix. I like the fact the ratios are small and the idea of uniforms. I am very impressed by their test scores as well.

Phoenix Academy Inc
4020 Meeting Way, High Point, NC  27265
Last modified Phoenix Academy Inc is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Phoenix Academy Inc Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top