Raleigh, NC

Posted August 23, 2015
Great school. Teachers are very helpful and the enviroment is friendly, and my son gets the attention needed for him to excel in school.

Posted June 12, 2015
Teachers there are very involved with each child and my child thrives in the environment there.

Posted March 23, 2015
Very small school, amazing staff. The principal Keith Richardson is very involved. It's amazing how the principal knows the students by their names, greets the students every morning. Teachers are exceptional!!! I have no complaints.

Posted August 23, 2014
York Elementary is a phenomenal school. Led by Principal Keith Richardson, teachers and staff take time to know each and every child. Every morning, he and teachers can be found greeting students by name in the lobby. A STEM school, with focus on science, technology, education and math, York will unveil its innovative outdoor learning lab and new playground in fall 2014. My child has had two excellent years at York, made possible by kind, well-educated, energized and supported teachers and staff! We are proud to be part of the York family!

Posted July 15, 2014
Great teachers! Great parent involvement! The principal is very engaged and knows every kid by name.

Posted September 25, 2013
I have been a happy parent at York for 5 years. We are always warmly welcomed by students, active parents and teachers alike. The lovely, small school atmosphere makes our family feel at home.With two children, each has very different personalities, strengths and challenges. Both of them have been met in a unique and wonderful manner. Academics is very important to us. Social and emotional development are, as well. York challenges all these areas in a multitude of areas ensuring our kids our challenged and enriched. This school has an incredible PTA that works really hard at making a positive impact on everyone that walks through the school doors.

Posted September 04, 2012
My grandson has been at York for 3 years. This is a great school tucked in a beautiful neighborhood. The teachers there are awesome and do a lot to inspire the kids. We work closely with his teachers as he has ADHD and the team spirit is great. They are supportive, communicative, and always have time for meetings. They challenge these students in a fun environment and always make the kids feel important in their learning environment. They make it their mission to get to know the kids. It is also a very safe environment. I cannot say enough good about this school.

Posted February 03, 2012
Our two children love this school. They entered two years ago and have received amazing affirmation, support, and encouragement. They are excited to go to school each day and even say they miss school during break. The school's attention to their particular learning needs and challenges has been amazing. We are deeply grateful for the experience they have had here.

Posted January 18, 2012
York Elementary is a sweet little school and has established itself as high-performing and fun-loving all at the same time. The excellent teachers and leadership drive the school to be great, but all it takes is a quick look around and you will see that the kids are really happy. We have 2 children at the school and can't say it's always been that way, but at present, we couldn't be more pleased. The kids are challenged at just the right level and rate, and there is a lot of positive support. The proof is in the pudding with the terrific test scores from last year--out performing peer schools in the area. The size of the school is just right and allows for the kids and staff to get to know the kids. If York is a choice school for you, you really can't do better!

Posted January 18, 2012
I am a parent of a first grader, and I can't say enough about how happy we are with our experience at York!! The new STEM curriculum and the new principal have made a good school a GREAT SCHOOL. I am very impressed with teachers and the different techniques they use to teach each child. They really do make learning fun, my daughter can't wait to come home and tell me about her day. I truly love being part of the York family.

York Elementary
5201 Brookhaven Drive, Raleigh, NC  27612
Last modified York Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
York Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top