Wilmington, NC

Posted December 04, 2014
Faculty is genuinely interested in student success. There are great extracurricular activities and a great community of involved parents. I was a little fearful of my kids attending such a big school, but it fits NOT feel so big. Staff takes time to get to know the students. Also, the building is great and the campus offers as much as some small colleges.

Eugene Ashley High 2

Posted November 19, 2014
I am a former student at this school. The administration changed at least three times in two years, the school spent their funds on flat screen televisions that nobody payed attention to, and there was a controversial incident my last year where the school security ended up arresting an innocent kid (the case was later dropped, and the student was cleared of all charges). The administration has absolutely no idea what they're doing. If you can help it, DO NOT send your child here. The only saving graces are the arts programs. The chorus, band, orchestra, and drama departments are top-natch for a public school. Other than that, it's worth avoiding.

Posted October 20, 2014
best high school ever. B.O.B, Drake, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, and Jay Z came and sung at our chorus concert. RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted December 09, 2013
My children attend Ashley high and I was nervous at first because the school is huge. The teachers and staff are so very caring and very responsive to emails from parents. We are probably too much hands on with our kids, as they are almost college age, but the teachers respond within 24 hours. They are very clear about expectations. We had an issue once and the Guidance Counselor immediately set up a meeting to support our son. The Arts department is wonderful, with our kids mostly involved in Chorus with Ms. Sugerik. The kids love her and she is phenomenal. The teachers are just fabulous in general and I am very glad to be an Ashley High School parent.

Eugene Ashley High 1

Posted May 02, 2010
As an active parent, I noticed that my daughter loved Ashley as a freshmen but it quickly deteriorated as the year progressed by, It became quite obvious that the teachers are not up to par in any standards. My daughter has taken several APs and its a struggle because it has become clear that none of the teachers are fit to teach any college classes. My daughter also has constant problems in the art department considering all the teachers are simply rude and uncaring people who should simply not teach. The administrative staff are corrupt in the struggle of achieving power and it has become evident that students simply have to get that special attention in order to get different treatment than any other students. More or less Ashley should be thoroughly looked as a school which has a bleak future for the future students who will suffer their four years.

Eugene Ashley High 4

Posted November 10, 2009

Eugene Ashley High 3

Posted July 26, 2009
I just finished my freshman year at Ashley and I have to say that it was a joy to be in a school with teachers that are caring and willing to help you advance your education. There were days where I wanted to give up but, having chorus at the end of the day really helped. I had never sang before in my life and signing up for chorus I never imagined that I would love it as much as I do now. Mrs. Sugerik is one of my all time favorite teachers. She relates to her students and is ALWAYS there if we need her and we produce some of the lovliest music my ears have ever heard.

Posted April 24, 2009

Posted March 07, 2009
I agree with the Teacher on this one. My Daughter is a freshmen and she is struggeling in Algebra and appreciates the extra help she gets. Everytime I have a concern or a question the staff has been very professional and courteous. You cannot expect to be disrespectful to a Teacher and think that they will bend over backwards for you. Will not happen and should't. These Teachers work very hard for You and I tell You my Hat goes of to each and every one of them...... So from a Parent that appreciates all Your hard work... thank you Sabine Coffey

Posted March 06, 2009
I am an Algebra 1 teacher at Ashley HS. I believe we have a great caring staff.We all offer at least one hour of free tutoring each week. If you have read through this website, you know that our algebra scores are not where they should be.We are working hard in helping them be successful.For most 9th graders,this course is the hardest,and if they get behind, it is hard to catch back up,b/c math is a building block.Therefore, our Algebra 1 team has designed a tutoring schedule, so that a teacher is availble everyday after school from 3:30-4:30 with a late bus, and Tuesday-Friday mornings.I personally tutor on Tues. & Thurs. afternoons, and will stay as long as a student needs my help. Algebra 1 students do not need to sign up, just show up! We are working hard and we do care! Please, contact your teacher if there are problems.

Eugene Ashley High
555 Halyburton Memorial Parkway, Wilmington, NC  28412
Last modified Eugene Ashley High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eugene Ashley High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top