Timken High School 5

Posted August 26, 2007

Timken High School 2

Posted January 10, 2006
Day to day classes are low in challenge to students abilities. Not to many parents involved as a whole.

Posted April 30, 2005
- a former student

Posted February 19, 2005
- a staff
As a parent of a Timken student and a monitor at Mckinley let me compare the two...no comparison. My son is very involved in the Tech Academy and this has been a Godsend. If it wasnt' for the programs offered at Timken my son would be a drop out. Mr. Forbes along with Mr. Small and Mr. Yeager deserve a hats off to mentoring and actually knowing who their students are. If it wasn't for these 3 teachers the program would never work. Yes Mck get's all the accolades but don't worry we know who has the most respected students and terrific staff. Keep up the good work and not everyone is 'College Prep' so without this school we would not have plumbers, welders, automotives techs..ect. Thanks for offering the alternative to Mck. Mrs. Deal

Timken High School 5

Posted June 03, 2004
- a former student
I attended Timken, and graduated a Honor student. Even though this school does not get the same spotlight time as others, and usually if it does it is only the bad times, I loved high school and I want to go back. You are provided a well rounded education, with many choices on what you would like to focus on. Timken prepares you for a real future, College, or vocational. You are provided the chance to recieve skills you want, along with what you need. The teachers care about you and they try their hardest to help you achieve your goals.

Timken High School 4

Posted April 28, 2004
Depending on who you get, the teachers are good and boring. Regardless, they are well educated and for the most part do know what they are talking about. I'm fortunate enough to be in the Technology Academy, which the teachers are awesome. The computer class is teaching me a lot about troubleshooting and maintenance. Then, in Intro to Engineering Design taught by the'great' Mr. Small, I have learned so much. He knows what he is doing with over 30 years in experience. Wow!

Posted April 26, 2004
I'm not a parent but a student currently attending Timken High. I am a 10th grade sophmore and I believe Timken is a great academic school and only has a bad reputation b/c of the wanna-be rapper, gangsters, and the all american-sports players. It is because of these fellow classmates that Timken has a bad reputation b/c most of the school's registered students are part of this group. I think that the mis-behaved and undecifered students should be put in a particular grouping such as the gtrade grouping or any other method(s) anyone could think of and are then taught respect, ingenuity, and obiedence. I myself live in a gang filled and troublesome neighborhood with fighting, viloence, and drugs, and even not mentioning any names some people very close to me are even involved in all 3, and I do my best to help them with their problems. Even with all of the surrounding destruction and disobiedence I still work hard and recieve the grades everyone is capable of such as As' and occassional B's... Thank.You, David

Timken High School
521 Tuscarawas St West, Canton, OH  44702
Last modified Timken High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Timken High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.