Posted January 08, 2014
Truly excellent school with caring teachers and staff! Principal is actively engaged with school community--students, parents and teachers. Wonderful light filled building with interesting IB program. Heavy parent involvement. Highly recommend!

Posted September 25, 2013
I feel incredibly fortunate to have my son enrolled at Boulevard. His teachers have been remarkable in every way I could want--responsible, caring, professional, effective, and enthusiastic. Principal Longo is responsive and clearly understands younger children. I am sure there are things to improve--perhaps smaller classes? Less homework? But overall, I simply feel fortunate.

Posted May 05, 2013
Dedicated staff, an award winning school district, and the first of the five district elementary schools to officially become IB! All the programs are all great, and I was vry happy here.

Boulevard Elementary School 0

Posted February 05, 2010
My sons both went to Boulevard from K-4. I disagree with the comments about cliques unless those cropped up since the moved on just a few years back. Colleen Longo is an outstanding principal. If you stay involved with your child and take the time to volunteer at school your child will thrive.

Posted October 31, 2009
Boulevard...hmmm, there a cliques, there are teachers that go above and beyond to make your child feel welcomed there are others that let children dictate who is cool and who is not. My child was basically left to sink in this school we were transplants from another area and I thought communication was good, but it was not. i loved the activities that they had for the year. And I loved Mrs. Eagleton. She is a very good teacher and she helps all students. If you are going to second grade and have her you are very lucky. I will not comment on any other teacher.

Posted May 10, 2009
My child has had a good experience at Boulevard so far. Her kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Benton, was truly excellent. My child learned a lot and gained a lot of confidence. First grade has been more of a mixed bag, but overall, pretty good. I would agree with one of the previous posters--there *are* cliques, and that is disappointing to some degree. My child was left out of many parties and play dates, and while I recognize that friendships vary, when my older children (who did not go to Shaker Heights elementary schools) were this age, *all* of the children included each other. It's just how we as parents behaved--this behavior does come from parents, I believe.

Posted May 09, 2009
I wish I could rate this school on different levels. I have known two teachers at boulevard to teach my child. One was outstanding went the extra mile and communicated with me lovely. The other hardly communicated with me and made me feel like my child was an outcast. I was so happy and pleased with one teacher and so dissapointed with the other. The school has alot of activities that I loved and that was a plus. The only thing I can say is that there is alot of cliques at this school at such a young age.. and children should be taught to socialize with all children, teachers should teach socializing skills, not saying that they dont but one in particular doesn't

Posted December 16, 2008

Posted November 04, 2008
Boulevard's teaching staff is excellent. Our daughter had Mrs. Carmen Chung in 1st grade. We thought the world of Mrs. Chung. She works hard, and sets high expectations for her students. We were amazed at how much our daughter accomplished in her class.

Posted May 25, 2007
Boulevard is an outstanding school. One reason is that the teachers, parents and district administration are all committed to providing quality education to the children. The level of parental involvement is stellar and contributes to the overall success of the Shaker School District. Boulevard and the other Shaker Schools are celebrated and supported by the community. Shaker is a very diverse community which also accounts for the excellence of it's school system. My 4 children have gone to Boulevard and loved it. I have lived in Indiana, Chicago, Evanston Illinois and NYC and I have never seen a school system more supported by the parents and community. In addition, Boulevard is a clean and safe school. The teachers also demand performance out of the children and expect the parents to become involved in the education of their children. Kudos to all the teachers at Boulevard. Charles Modlin,

Boulevard Elementary School
14900 Drexmore Rd, Shaker Heights, OH  44120
Last modified Boulevard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boulevard Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top