Posted November 10, 2013
Putnam City West is a fantastic neighborhood school. The climate there is one where students feel cared about and safe. both of my children recently graduated from the school and I would not have sent them anywhere else. the faculty really cares and the music department is second to none!

Putnam City West High School 3

Posted April 06, 2010
I taught at West for a few years. The experience you walk away with depends on the classes you taught. The school does a lot with what it's been given...however, as a parent I wouldn't send my kid to that school. I'd have huge safety concerns and it's easy for kids to slip right through the cracks due to it's population and the nature and magnitute of behavior issues they have.

Posted September 11, 2009
I have had two kids graduate from PC West and a senior this year. The faculty are professional and go beyond just teaching. The students are caring and generous individuals. The PTA works hard to help where needed.

Posted July 09, 2009

Posted May 31, 2009
I Love This School. It is amazing. Good athletic programs and educational programs.

Posted April 01, 2009
I graduated from putnam city west and I really enjoyed my time there. It was a great school then and I think it has returned to that same status now. I have had 1 child graduate from West and i have 1 who will be a senior next year and 1 that will be a freshman, I have watched this school go from ok to really good in the last few years. I have tried to be as involved as I possibly can and I have encouraged my children to be as involved as they possibly can especially when it comes to school spirit. I have seen a big change in that department. Kids are really showing that they care. The leadership of the principals and the teachers is a tremendous asset to this school they are all doing a very good job. I would recomend this school highly.

Putnam City West High School 0

Posted March 31, 2009
When I was in school in 81 no one offered College to me. There was no , one on one with the teachers no tutors. So my grades failed in some classes. It is not a wonder they do not get a very good ratiing.

Posted February 26, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009
If there's an area where PC West doesn't excel, we're working on it. In sports, the arts, academics and every other aspect of school, West is improving. Our test scores meet and sometimes exceed district averages thanks to teachers who work in teams to improve performance. Our musicals are second to none and our sports are creating quality human beings while kicking off a winning tradition. Watch out for West, we're only getting started.

Posted June 07, 2008
West is a great school. There is no perfect school anywhere and you always have to take into account socioeconomics and student population when looking at test scores. West teachers give their heart and soul to their kids. We show up for them. The admin is so positive and encouraging. It's a great place to be.

Putnam City West High School
8500 Northwest 23rd Street, Oklahoma City, OK  73127
Last modified Putnam City West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Putnam City West High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top