Bad
Good

As a former student and coach I would rate P.C. West as above average. The school faces many socioeconomic issues. As with many Oklahoma schools it often lacks the necessary funding and support. However, what makes P.C. West a good school is it is full of faculty that truly care for the students. These faculty are often the only support many of the students have in their lives. Overall the faculty does a great job of making due with the little resources it has. I am glad I went to P.C. West

Putnam City West is a fantastic neighborhood school. The climate there is one where students feel cared about and safe. both of my children recently graduated from the school and I would not have sent them anywhere else. the faculty really cares and the music department is second to none!

I taught at West for a few years. The experience you walk away with depends on the classes you taught. The school does a lot with what it's been given...however, as a parent I wouldn't send my kid to that school. I'd have huge safety concerns and it's easy for kids to slip right through the cracks due to it's population and the nature and magnitute of behavior issues they have.

I have had two kids graduate from PC West and a senior this year. The faculty are professional and go beyond just teaching. The students are caring and generous individuals. The PTA works hard to help where needed.

I Love This School. It is amazing. Good athletic programs and educational programs.

I graduated from putnam city west and I really enjoyed my time there. It was a great school then and I think it has returned to that same status now. I have had 1 child graduate from West and i have 1 who will be a senior next year and 1 that will be a freshman, I have watched this school go from ok to really good in the last few years. I have tried to be as involved as I possibly can and I have encouraged my children to be as involved as they possibly can especially when it comes to school spirit. I have seen a big change in that department. Kids are really showing that they care. The leadership of the principals and the teachers is a tremendous asset to this school they are all doing a very good job. I would recomend this school highly.

When I was in school in 81 no one offered College to me. There was no , one on one with the teachers no tutors. So my grades failed in some classes. It is not a wonder they do not get a very good ratiing.

If there's an area where PC West doesn't excel, we're working on it. In sports, the arts, academics and every other aspect of school, West is improving. Our test scores meet and sometimes exceed district averages thanks to teachers who work in teams to improve performance. Our musicals are second to none and our sports are creating quality human beings while kicking off a winning tradition. Watch out for West, we're only getting started.

West is a great school. There is no perfect school anywhere and you always have to take into account socioeconomics and student population when looking at test scores. West teachers give their heart and soul to their kids. We show up for them. The admin is so positive and encouraging. It's a great place to be.

I attended PCW for my freshman and half of my sophomore year. It's an amazing school. The teachers are wonderful & really helpful. The drama, music, and sports departments are also great, especially the drama. The academic aspects are improving and so are the students. The school I am attending now (Owasso Mid-High School) really pales in comparison.

Last modified Putnam City West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.