PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

You are invited to come to our Open House on Saturday, April 23 from 11:00am - 1:00pm
March 31, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Develops respect: no rating

- a school leader
We teach that students should treat one another with love and respect. The same way that the students should respect their teachers, parents and those in authority over them.

Develops empathy: no rating

- a school leader
We use prayer and strong Christian values in a safe and caring setting. We let the love of Jesus be a guide to how we should pray for and treat one another.

Develops honesty: no rating

- a school leader
We rely on Matthew 18 in regards to resolving conflict with someone. We have both positive and negative behavioral consequences as part of our discipline policy.

Posted March 31, 2016

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 27, 2016
Teachers, without a doubt, care deeply about each student. They work to make sure curriculum is fully understood by every student and that each student is prepared to move on to the next grade.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 27, 2016
This issue is one I take very seriously. As someone who has seen the effects of both meaningless homework assignments and a lack of homework, I can say with absolute certainty that ILS does not fall into either of those categories. Homework given was meaningful and not overwhelming.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 27, 2016
ILS played a big part in solidifying my faith. Consequently, I elected to attend the largest evangelical Christian university in the country and took on several roles in student leadership. I became a Prayer Leader (hosting weekly Bible study/group devotionals with peers) and ultimately a Spiritual Life Director (mentoring Prayer Leaders and other students in faith). I absolutely have ILS to thank for exemplifying and encouraging these ideals at a highly impressionable age.

Immanuel Lutheran School 5

Posted January 27, 2016
ILS equipped me with knowledge and experience others missed out on before entering high school. I transferred into ILS for 5th through 8th grade, after attending my local public school, and the difference was immediately recognizable. It was apparent to me, as a 5th grader, that the teachers were determined to teach so that every student understood and was challenged. I cherish my middle school education. I felt capable, entering Central High School. A lot of my high school friends didn't feel the same. To this day, I am grateful for the sense of aptitude ILS gave me. Each year was filled with so many wonderful memorable things!

Immanuel Lutheran School 4

Posted January 22, 2016
I've previously attended Immanuel Lutheran School from kindergarten to eighth grade and the knowledge I received from all of those years still sticks with me. During the years from kindergarten to fifth grade I have had wonderful teachers that left a positive impact on my life. They were all very sweet and I still think of those years as the best years of my life. Although, when I reached middle school, things quickly changed and I lost touch with the new teachers. There was a lot of bullying going on in my class that was ignored by the teachers, and I felt that some of our teachers did not know how to handle us. Considering I was in a very small class, many teachers acted unprofessional when serving punishments. In some incidents, they were even given out unfairly. Plus, I have seen my fair share of favoritism throughout my academic career at Immanuel. I have to say, my general opinion about ILS is that it is a very good school and I do not regret going there. I just wish there were things that could have been done differently for my class and the students in other grades.

Immanuel Lutheran School 5

Posted January 21, 2016
I'm an alum, class of 2005, and Immanuel meant the world to me. I started in Kindergarten and spent 9 years there before graduating in 8th grade. It was my 2nd home. The education was top notch, and the friendships last forever. The first four classmates that I met in 1st grade are still my four best friends. ILS taught us more than just the basic elementary school education requirements. It prepared us for life after grade school and the working through hardships and issues that we might struggle with as we grew older and entered high school. My classmates and teachers became my family, and I recommend Immanuel Lutheran School to each and every student and parent who want the best experience possible.

1015 Cottman Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19111
Last modified Immanuel Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8