PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

You are invited to come to our Open House on Saturday, April 23 from 11:00am - 1:00pm
March 31, 2016

Bad
Good

Develops character: no rating

We rely on Matthew 18 in regards to resolving conflict with someone. We have both positive and negative behavioral consequences as part of our discipline policy.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers, without a doubt, care deeply about each student. They work to make sure curriculum is fully understood by every student and that each student is prepared to move on to the next grade.

Amount of homework: Agree

This issue is one I take very seriously. As someone who has seen the effects of both meaningless homework assignments and a lack of homework, I can say with absolute certainty that ILS does not fall into either of those categories. Homework given was meaningful and not overwhelming.

Develops character: Strongly agree

ILS played a big part in solidifying my faith. Consequently, I elected to attend the largest evangelical Christian university in the country and took on several roles in student leadership. I became a Prayer Leader (hosting weekly Bible study/group devotionals with peers) and ultimately a Spiritual Life Director (mentoring Prayer Leaders and other students in faith). I absolutely have ILS to thank for exemplifying and encouraging these ideals at a highly impressionable age.

ILS equipped me with knowledge and experience others missed out on before entering high school. I transferred into ILS for 5th through 8th grade, after attending my local public school, and the difference was immediately recognizable. It was apparent to me, as a 5th grader, that the teachers were determined to teach so that every student understood and was challenged. I cherish my middle school education. I felt capable, entering Central High School. A lot of my high school friends didn't feel the same. To this day, I am grateful for the sense of aptitude ILS gave me. Each year was filled with so many wonderful memorable things!

I've previously attended Immanuel Lutheran School from kindergarten to eighth grade and the knowledge I received from all of those years still sticks with me. During the years from kindergarten to fifth grade I have had wonderful teachers that left a positive impact on my life. They were all very sweet and I still think of those years as the best years of my life. Although, when I reached middle school, things quickly changed and I lost touch with the new teachers. There was a lot of bullying going on in my class that was ignored by the teachers, and I felt that some of our teachers did not know how to handle us. Considering I was in a very small class, many teachers acted unprofessional when serving punishments. In some incidents, they were even given out unfairly. Plus, I have seen my fair share of favoritism throughout my academic career at Immanuel. I have to say, my general opinion about ILS is that it is a very good school and I do not regret going there. I just wish there were things that could have been done differently for my class and the students in other grades.

I'm an alum, class of 2005, and Immanuel meant the world to me. I started in Kindergarten and spent 9 years there before graduating in 8th grade. It was my 2nd home. The education was top notch, and the friendships last forever. The first four classmates that I met in 1st grade are still my four best friends. ILS taught us more than just the basic elementary school education requirements. It prepared us for life after grade school and the working through hardships and issues that we might struggle with as we grew older and entered high school. My classmates and teachers became my family, and I recommend Immanuel Lutheran School to each and every student and parent who want the best experience possible.

Was great for 7 years until one day, today I was in my last class period of the day. I was told by the teacher that it was going to be a homework period. Instead of doing homework my class had to take out our Bibles, and listen to our teacher talk about her life and her getting bullyed because someone in our class is getting picked on. So for 50 minutes we listened to her not doing work. My parents spend at least $400 for me to get a good education not to listen to an autobiography from a teacher. And half the class did nothing to the person getting bullied. Also some teachers are very annoying. They make at least $40k, and we don't even have a cafeteria. Sincerely, A student

Great School! Wonderful education and environment. The teachers are wonderful and the class sizes are small. All three of my children went here.

Last modified Immanuel Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8