Summerville, SC
Students enrolled: 2,799

Posted August 21, 2015
I am a student in the 11th grade now at Summerville High School. I have been attending here since my freshman year. This school is full of unlovely surprises. A show every single day of students battling it out is not how you make a high school go noticed. Students respect towards teachers is completely gross and needs to be fixed. In result of students harsh attitudes by students, teachers get snippy also with them which in some cases evolves into something worse. Bullying is a problem and they try, but do not succeed in their plans or whatever to stop it. People don't listen and will continue doing what they do. This school is absolutely atrocious. Roaches and Mold are almost around every corner and it is absolutely disgusting. They are almost as big as computer mice! Academic programs are probably the only good thing about this school. Sports are probably the most focused thing too. Football is the only sport that ever gets the most attention and it is very annoying. This year the district recently issued a new schedule which means our lunches are later in the day around 1:00. Some teachers don't even allow students to eat in their classrooms! The entire school has lunch at the exact same time too by the way, which means 3,100 students are let loose for an hour. It is so unorganized and, just not an ideal place to go. Wish I could go to Cane bay or Ashley ridge. At least they care about their appearance.

Posted June 09, 2015
I wouldn't attend Summerville High School even if someone paid me a million dollars. I was bullied and I went to guidance and my councilor told me to ignore it after I told him how I was pushed , called names and harassed through out the day. The staff doesn't care about their students. They are just as ignorant as the students themselves. Parents don't sent your children here.

Posted October 28, 2014
Summerville high school should receive a below zero rating. I am a senior at the high school and being new I regret begging my parents to send me here. The school has rats, cockroaches, mold, etc. Overall its gross. Now the lack of respect for students and teachers is unnerving. Students have no respect for the teachers and in turn the teachers have no respect for the students. The principal is so invested in making sure kids have on dress code and are at school on time that he is willing to have students spend the entire day is ISS just because their shirt doesn't cover their butt if they wear leggings. It is RIDICULOUS. You are taking a child away from their learning in order to make sure they wear the right pants to school. This school needs a reality check because it is not worth the time of anyone.

Summerville High School

Posted October 04, 2014
I am a senior at Summerville high and this school's relationship with the students has completely deteriorated, fights are happening almost every day, and on Tuesday morning all the students and staff had to be evacuated for the second time this year because of a gas leak, DO NOT send your kids here, because obviously safety isn't this districts number one priority

Posted September 21, 2014
Just read a ninth grader was, reprimanded, suspended and subsequently had the cops called on him because he wrote about shooting a dinosaur, as part of an assignment. Now that the thought police are in action at our public schools, how do we teach creative and independent thinking, if teachers are focused on controlling thought? Ridiculous what has become of the public school system. Just look at the petty posts by a teacher on this thread. Or our standings around the globe.

Posted August 25, 2014
This school is a joke and the principal should be fired for calling the police on a 9th grader for writing a fiction story on guns. Are you kidding me! I would never in a million years send my school this bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summerville High School 3

Posted April 20, 2014
As a current student about to graduate, the good qualties are the honors and AP classes, however the cp classes have been terrible. There is a major lack of control and dont l learn anything over the course of the year. The faculty has both amazing teachers and horrible teachers. I've had to go back to my 9th and 10th grade teacher when current teachers are not helpful. My guidance counselor however has been amazing and very supportive 10-12th grade. The last thing is the school has way too many students and not enough control.

Posted November 08, 2013
I had 3 sons go through this school and although all graduated the fighting, bullying, lack of motivated teachers (a few i doubt were no more than full time subs), and overcrowding was a nightmare. School bus beatdowns happened frequently also which I witnessed personally while driving behind a school bus. The school is just too plain small for a student body of over 3,000 students and they have GOT TO HIRE MORE QUALIFIED GUIDANCE COUNSELORS!! There just are not enough for the amount of student per ratio. THE TOWN KEEPS ALLOWING MORE & MORE SUBDIVISIONS TO BE BUILT WITH ZERO THOUGHT AS TO WHERE THESE KIDS ARE GOING TO BE SCHOOLED!! Its gone BEYOND RIDICULOUS!! AGAIN!! BUILD MORE HIGH SCHOOLS!! ASHLEY RIDGE WAS NO MORE THAN A BAND AID!! That school is minuscule to SHS!!! Do SOMETHING WITH ALL THE TAX MONEY THOSE NEW HOUSES ARE BRINGING IN AND BUILD MORE HIGH SCHOOLS!! WHERE IS ALL THE TAX MONEY GOING IN THIS TOWN??!!

Posted November 07, 2013
Summerville high school is a joke! While some can its great, I've seen otherwise! Between 2-4 fights on a regular basis with some starting as early as breakfast! Kids disrespecting staff, staff kissing up to students whose parents have money, students being subjected to endless racial slurs and taunts, bullying and not so kind administators to both parents and students! I heard how great this school is, but I got a first hand account that everything that glitters is not gold!

Posted September 06, 2013
This schools administration does not care about the teachers, much less the students. The assistant principal Lynne' Reeves Assistant Principal, Master Scheduler punishes the teachers for wanting to be more influential to the kids. She personally makes sure the classroom is a non learning environment. What a disgrace. She just wants to push non educated students out because they are "insignificant". Horrible.

Summerville High School
1101 Boone Hill Rd, Summerville, SC  29483
Last modified Summerville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Summerville High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top