Knoxville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,142

Halls Middle School 1

Posted September 30, 2014
If you're not from a certain background, certain teachers will bully your child in class in a verbal way, like verbal abuse, but more subtle, so you can't do anything about it. I'm extremely disappointed in this school and the way they do things. This woman has embarrassed my child in her classroom full of his peers several. times and I can't do anything about it. I'm currently trying to find an alternative school for him. I would homeschool him, but I'm a full time student myself, so that's not possible. He's in the 6th grade. It's his first year out of elementary school and he is dreading school every day because of this teacher. If he's not doing well, I expect them to notify me, but instead they verbally abuse him in class. It's not acceptable. Not all of the teachers are bad. He has a few that are great teachers, but 2 that are extremely bad teachers.

Posted April 17, 2013
This school is Amazing! Everyone from staff to administration are focused on the children's success. Parental involvement is a must though. They will not reach out to communicate with you if you neglect to communicate with them though. Stay involved.

Posted September 28, 2009
HMS has a great staff that clearly has the goal of establishing the best possible learning environment that a student could use, there is absolutely No Child Left Behind in this school!

Posted April 22, 2009
I luv this school the teachers are great and I have sooo many friends.

Halls Middle School 3

Posted November 25, 2008
I do believe that a lot could be done to make Halls Middle Schools better. It will need to be done through parent involvement. The teachers need to be help accountable for there lesson plans and their counterproductive attitudes.

Posted October 30, 2008
This is the best school i've ever been to and i've been to a lot, halls is my true home school included. I'm a seventh grader. By the way i wish the teachers wouldn't be so demand!

Posted March 11, 2008
i am in 9th grade but i went to halls middle school and they are a really goo school..i liked it alot the kids are nice most of the teachers are nice..and they are VERY strict on rules as to disipline wise..but if i could redo my 8th grade year i would so go back to hms...

Posted April 22, 2007
Halls Middle School is a great school! I am a sixth grader and they have really welcomed me! Go Halls Red Devils!!!

Halls Middle School 2

Posted August 25, 2006
I have a child at Halls Middle and think the teaching staff is below par. An atmosphere like that however, starts at the top of the school administration and with parents.

Posted August 08, 2006
Hi I am an 8th Grader at halls middle and I Love it there. Ive met so many good friends and nice people there. Some of the teachers are strict though but only because they care about our grades and how we do in school. I never liked going to school and now I can t wait to wake up and go. I would most defiantly recommend halls middle because it s a great school.

4317 East Emory Road, Knoxville, TN  37938
Last modified Halls Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Halls Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top