Bad
Good

Posted September 24, 2015
I love this school but there is a lot of bullies in 7th grade but other than that I will always put a great review

Posted September 02, 2014
I have had 2 children go through LMS and currently I have 2 who attend. The principal is amazing - always approachable, no nonsense, & really cares about the students. There has been some turnover in the teachers, but that is to be expected anywhere. Overall I have been very pleased with the education my children received and are receiving from LMS. Bullying is taken seriously and dealt with. There are a lot of clubs and activities the students can be involved with and these are supported by the administration. FCS is a club that has blessed my children -- I can't say enough about the teachers who give their time to this club. The music program is also amazing -- both choir and band, which my children have all participated in. The variety of sports for involvement is great as well. In looking through previous comments, I am truly shocked at the number of negative comments -- these do not at all reflect the school that I personally know. One thing really lacking is parent involvement. The school, no matter how good they are can not be totally successful without committed, supportive parents.

La Vergne Middle School 1

Posted June 02, 2014
This is a horrible school. There is so much bullying going on. This is from teachers AND from students. No one cares. I reported it many times. All the way to the school board. My child has a IEP and teachers refused to follow it. My child was a honor roll student in another state before transferring to this school. After 2 years here, he left a C student. Moving to another county to better education. This is not a place for education!

La Vergne Middle School 2

Posted April 12, 2014
While this school has some good teachers the majority are just looking to protect themselves. The education your son or daughter will get her will not be well rounded. My son says that the teacher use intimidation to manage the class instead of motivation and people frequently feel bullied. Much of the school staff seems to care little about my son when I've expressed concerned about college prep.

Posted October 22, 2013
I agree with the comment below. Lavergne Middle school has wonderful clubs and programs. What I like most is how commitment the principal, teachers and even the staff are to my children's success. :) Awesome school.

Posted October 18, 2013
Lavergne Middle School is awesome. It has so many wonderful after school programs and clubs. It's truly been a blessing to my children. I can't say enough good things about the FCS club. It's amazing. My kids have grown so much spiritually over the past two years. They have amazing relationships with their teachers and great friends. The school is more like a family. The principal is incredible and pushes the kids to do their past. My daughter is in choir and on the dance team and my son is on the step team and made the principles list and got to go to lunch at Orpy Mills with the principal. I just love Lavergne Middle School!

Posted October 18, 2013
Awesome school! Committed Teachers! Amazing principal! I love Lavergne Middle School because everyday my kids walk out the door and return with a smile on their faces.

Posted May 29, 2012
My son just completed 6th grade at Lavergne Middle and overall, we were quite impressed with what we experience. He went to elementary school in Smyrna and we moved just before the school year began. Most of the teachers cared about the students completed development-grades, social and accountability. The principal is amazing!! If your child is used to playing sports teams, you may experience some disappointment there-most of the teams are filled with 7th and 8th graders, but there are clubs and other programs to stay involved. The school (and neighborhood) is NOTHING like what here from the rest of Rutherford county (they swear the schools are OVERRUN with gangs-not true). Glad we made the move.

La Vergne Middle School 1

Posted March 20, 2011
This school is the Worst school imaginable!! The teachers are apathetic, barely educated robots who only teach to enhance test scores so this looks like a quality school on paper. Don't be fooled!! Students are taught absolutely no critical thinking skills, in fact they are taught almost nothing of value. If you allowed your child to simply stay home and watch cartoons, they would probably learn the same amount of useless knowledge as they would sitting in any classroom in this school. It is appalling to me that this school is even allowed to continue educating as they fail miserably in every aspect. I cannot express my disgust for this school and the faculty enough!! Although, this website is making me give at least one star, I actually give this school zero stars and if possible, I would have given them a negative number

Posted October 09, 2010
Excellent school always willing to provide for my special needs child

La Vergne Middle School
382 Stones River Road, La Vergne, TN  37086
Last modified La Vergne Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Vergne Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top