Piney Flats, TN

Mary Hughes School 4

Posted February 16, 2012
I am a former student of Mary Hughes. I absolutely loved it, I learned so much that had really helped me through out highschool and college as well. The teachers really know the material and have always been willing to help if i needed. Although when it comes to sports some of the coaches did tend to have favorites when it came to making the team so that i felt was very unfair. Otherwise, I would recommend this school to anyone and everyone. Its safe, good learning environment, and the teachers are awesome.

Posted January 29, 2012
For the record parents n here have not attended k-8 , and I have never had a problem the teachers not carring they are all great. And as far as academics go teachers do a great job if your kids arent doing a good job its no ones fault but theirs. sincerly Mr. Attractive

Mary Hughes School 2

Posted August 23, 2011
I am frustrated with is school. How could a teacher show Sponge Bob during a guidance class. What educational value does this add for our children when they are supposed to be learning how to be good people with morals? The school does not have a caring attitude towards its parents and students.

Mary Hughes School 1

Posted January 15, 2011
Being a parent transferring my child from Bluff City to Mary Hughes, I have been very disappointed. My child was making amazing progress in his academics, until we started at Mary Hughes. In almost 2 school years, the only thing my child has learned is through private tutoring. I was actually told by a teacher that it would be best to "give up on this year and hope that he learns next year." I could understand if this was at the end of the year, but this was before the first report card came out. The teachers say that they care, but if your child has any struggle at all, they just give up. I would send my kid to the dog pound to get a better education.

Posted November 14, 2010
As a parent of two students at MHS that started mid-semester two years ago. I just want to give credit where credit is due. They were very welcomed by students and staff. On an academic note my kids are much improved because of the personal attention given to each student. Thank you for a great experience for students and parents alike.

Posted January 31, 2010
My daughter and I just moved down here to Piney Flats in July of 2009. She started going to Mary Hughes School in August and she absolutely loves it! The staff and students have welcomed her, and treated her as though she had been there all along. I want to thank Mr. Mason and teachers for everything. Mary Hughes has been GREAT!

Posted December 03, 2009

Posted October 27, 2009
Mary hughes is the smallest,but best school in sullivan county for many reasons. Sports are a huge part in kids and teenagers lives.Im in eight grade at mary hughes and i play 3 sports and i love them all. I have wonderful teachers who are very caring and wqhen u see them around the community they stop by and be friendly. Thses parents that have rated it dont go to school here and they shouldnt say its a bad school because they dont go here! mary hughes is the best school in the county! hessman.

Posted April 01, 2009
We had our son at Mary Hughes School from Kindergarten - 8th grade and he loved it. He loved the teachers. Especially when he got in middle school. His favorite teacher was Mr. Walker. He would come home everyday and always tell us what went on in Mr. Walker's class. He would always say that Mr. Walker made learning fun. As a parent, I know personally how much Mr. Walker cares for his students and how he goes beyond what is required of him to help his students learn. He was our son's baseball coach and he bought our son cleats and a glove because he knew that we couldn't afford it but he knew our son really wanted to play because he loved baseball. The other teachers at Mary Hughes are wonderful also. It is a very family oriented place. Highly recommended!!!!

Posted March 12, 2009
I found that this school is perfect for our son. It is not over crowded and the teachers there are very family oriented.

Mary Hughes School
240 Austin Springs Rd, Piney Flats, TN  37686
Last modified Mary Hughes School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Hughes School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top