Rockvale, TN

Posted September 17, 2013
We are in our 3rd year at Rockvale and have been very pleased with all aspects. The teacher/administration involvment is evident and my child can't wait to go to school. We have loved the first three teachers we have gotten. It really shows that they love and care of the children. I've been to many functions during the day so have gotten to see it first-hand. Thank you Rockvale!

Posted February 26, 2013
We moved to Rutherford County from Davidson because I kept hearing that the schools are wonderful. I believe that the schools seem "wonderful" because the standards are so low here. I'm very disappointed. There is very little communication from the teachers and the the principal is almost invisible. They do make calls to homes to inform of some events, but for the most part, the communication is terrible. The teachers don't send any kind of update about what theyre working on in class, as they do in other schools in other counties. Safety and supervision have been issues have been a real concern this year. My child gets great grades. I have no axe to grind. I used to work in a major school system and just know the important things to look for. This school is very unorganized with little to no communication.

Posted June 22, 2012
Rockvale was a horrible experience for my child. I can't go into detail because they won't post it if I do. Feel free to email me for details, though.

Rockvale Elementary School 3

Posted January 07, 2012
Personally, I have not been very impressed with Rockvale Elementary. My children transferred to Rockvale from Barfield Elementary after we moved last year. I don't feel like the administration or PTO keeps me informed of any events occuring in the school. I have never personally met either administrator; however, I did speak with the assistant principal once on the phone when he threatened to expel my 6-year-old son on a minor first offense. He didn't even take into consideration that my son is special needs and did not understand that what he did was wrong. The Barfield administrators were much more helpful and caring ... they would actually LISTEN to the children and they would take special circumstances into consideration. I do, however, love my children's teachers; they are wonderful and caring and challenging my kids. I am also very impressed with the choir; my daughter is enjoying it so much and Ms. Austin is teaching advanced choral performance which I appreciate. Overall, Rockvale is average, but I really wish my kids could have stayed at Barfield.

Posted November 09, 2010
cont. and i dont think any of that is right so i would send your kid to a different school that rockvale middle school because the students there are horrible and there are a lot of trouble makers the elementary school never had any bullying and we were always supervised so i have no clue that one of these people were talking about also there is no drama at rockvale which i think is important because if theres no drama then u can focus on ur school work also i love the real rockvale because it is small and everybody knows everybody and it is small and some teachers still use chalkboards but thats what i love about it i could go on and on but im going to run out of room on this post so i will leave it at THE REAL ROCKVALE IS THE BEST SCHOOL IN THEWORLD

Rockvale Elementary School 2

Posted September 29, 2010
My son transferred to Rockvale last year, and although we are happy with the teachers this year, the principals are very unorganized, the drop off and pick up of students is insane, and I feel that academics are not where they need to be as they are with the other schools in this area. My son was bullied last year, which was a first, he had transferred from Blackman, where this is just not tolerated, and when I have gone in to Rockvale, there is just no supervision or structure or any kind. I tried to do a zoning exemption, but due to overcrowding, this just wasn't possible at his old school I just hope that Rockvale middle will have more to offer my son, I feel that he is losing out.

Posted August 24, 2010
This must be Mr. Johnson and Mr. Scott posting these reviews, because this school has the WORST administration in the county if not the state, They are most worthless two people I have ever met. Don"t let them fool you people, because I know first hand.

Posted May 27, 2010
One of the best schools around. There Special Education program and their acceptance of special needs kids is fantastic. The administration is great. Mr. Johnson goes out of his way to welcom and Mr. Scott has got to be the best assistant principal in Rutherford County..

Rockvale Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2010
Great school with lots of parental involvement. The PTO does a really good job of communicating with students and parents.

Posted April 29, 2010
My son is in the Pre-K program and I have seen great changes in him. Great teachers.

Rockvale Elementary School
6550 Hwy 99, Rockvale, TN  37153
Last modified Rockvale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rockvale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top