Springfield, TN
Students enrolled: 1,125

Posted February 20, 2014
I am a parent and my son went to this school. He said some of the teachers don't have control of the classes. Some of the students are disruptive and try to sell illegal substances every day. I really wish there was a Cooperstown high school.

Springfield High School 2

Posted November 20, 2013
The school, education wise, is outstanding. Lots of clubs, activities, and well behaved students. The problem I have is Dr. Grimes, the current principal. He shows favoritism towards certain groups of students and allows them to fly under the radar, and judges students based on appearances. He is also disrespectful to students AND parents. I don't recommend putting your child here until he is gone. There are also teachers who play favoritism toward the more "preppy" students and the white male athletes (Dr. Grimes included). The sports department gets everything for free while the art and music departments have to raise their own money for anything.

Posted June 28, 2013
I graduated in 2008, and I loved the education that I received from this school. I was completely prepared for college because I got out of my education what I put into it. I will say I was fortunate enough to get teachers that were highly motivated to do their jobs, and I have heard of several teachers who simply operated to make his/her students meet the minimum standards in order to pass. However, my teachers were not this low of caliber.

Posted March 30, 2011
The opportunities that SHS provides to the kids is amazing. AND the number of scholarships given last year to students was over $4million. The facilities have been updated and are nicer than they used to be.

Posted August 17, 2010
This is the worst school system I have ever seen. Forget an education the teachers can't control the classrooms. Yelling and cussing are a daily occurance. A certain group of students wear pants 2 the knees, which is "NOT ALLOWED" but that is all 95% of them wear they are not sent home. Let another type disobey the dress code and you are out. The good ol' boy system applies and includes the Board of Education. Your last name determines your punishment. If you speak up about a teacher, look out because you are then a target. They do not have equal punishment by any means as it relates to any so called "rules". They make them up as they see fit. I would have NEVER moved here from St. Louis had I know that this was how a small town school operates. It is reprehensible that this is allowed.

Posted March 26, 2010
I attend Springfield High and the facualty and and adminstartion is outstanding

Springfield High School 4

Posted August 29, 2008
Springfield High School is a top notch school in all uses of the word. If you as a student are truly interested in excelling in the future, SHS is where you should be. It's un-deserved reputation and bad press are horrible spins on what Springfield High truly is, the best school in Robertson county. So many parents complain about their children not succeeding at SHS. With a top notch staff, amazing class opportunities, and Leslie Diehm and Judy Stanly in the mix, I can only assume that your child has not been taken into account. The urban influence upon SHS is minimal. Children who do not wish to gain an education definitely are there, however it is up to those who truly wish to succeed to rise above them. Complain all you like about the workings of my school, but it all boils down to your kids in the end.

Posted July 07, 2008
I attended SHS and graduated in 2003. I doubt the school has improved much due to the 'good ol' boy' network that infests the Robertson County system. I was completely unprepared for college and was only able to succeed through large amounts of catching up on what I should have learned in high school (I took every advanced class that SHS offered and graduated with a 3.99 GPA). Unless you really don't try at all it is nearly impossible to walk out of SHS with anything less than As and Bs. This is great on a college application but does not help at all once you get there. If I were a Robertson County parent I would gladly commute to Nashville for a better school if your child has any post-secondary school aspirations.

Posted March 19, 2008
As the year goes on it seems like the school just continues to get worse. My daughter has come home to me many times to let me know that she has gotton a tardy again for class, due to she used the restroom on the way to class. She said that her teachers will not allow her to use them during class so she tries to go between, then she gets in trouble there. If the principle finds you in the hall he screams at you and does not try to speak to you as a human being. My child gets straight A's and it seems that there are a few teachers there that do not appreciate this, they are on these students and treat them unfair due to they are ahead of the rest of the class and they ask too many questions. The school needs a new principal.

Springfield High School

Posted February 03, 2008
My son is a freshman at SHS and he says that he doesn't feel like he is learning anything new. He says they just keep reviewing everything he has already learned with the exception of his world history class which he really enjoys because it is all new material. He has always enjoyed school and loves to learn new things. I'm afraid that he is going to lose interest in school if the curriculum doesn't change where they are teaching new things.

Springfield High School
5240 Highway 76, Springfield, TN  37172
Last modified Springfield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Springfield High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top