Posted February 20, 2014
I am a parent and my son went to this school. He said some of the teachers don't have control of the classes. Some of the students are disruptive and try to sell illegal substances every day. I really wish there was a Cooperstown high school.

Springfield High School 2

Posted November 20, 2013
The school, education wise, is outstanding. Lots of clubs, activities, and well behaved students. The problem I have is Dr. Grimes, the current principal. He shows favoritism towards certain groups of students and allows them to fly under the radar, and judges students based on appearances. He is also disrespectful to students AND parents. I don't recommend putting your child here until he is gone. There are also teachers who play favoritism toward the more "preppy" students and the white male athletes (Dr. Grimes included). The sports department gets everything for free while the art and music departments have to raise their own money for anything.

Posted June 28, 2013
I graduated in 2008, and I loved the education that I received from this school. I was completely prepared for college because I got out of my education what I put into it. I will say I was fortunate enough to get teachers that were highly motivated to do their jobs, and I have heard of several teachers who simply operated to make his/her students meet the minimum standards in order to pass. However, my teachers were not this low of caliber.

Posted March 30, 2011
The opportunities that SHS provides to the kids is amazing. AND the number of scholarships given last year to students was over $4million. The facilities have been updated and are nicer than they used to be.

Posted August 17, 2010
This is the worst school system I have ever seen. Forget an education the teachers can't control the classrooms. Yelling and cussing are a daily occurance. A certain group of students wear pants 2 the knees, which is "NOT ALLOWED" but that is all 95% of them wear they are not sent home. Let another type disobey the dress code and you are out. The good ol' boy system applies and includes the Board of Education. Your last name determines your punishment. If you speak up about a teacher, look out because you are then a target. They do not have equal punishment by any means as it relates to any so called "rules". They make them up as they see fit. I would have NEVER moved here from St. Louis had I know that this was how a small town school operates. It is reprehensible that this is allowed.

Posted March 26, 2010
I attend Springfield High and the facualty and and adminstartion is outstanding

Posted August 09, 2009

Posted March 31, 2009

Posted February 17, 2009

Posted February 17, 2009

Springfield High School
5240 Hwy 76 East, Springfield, TN  37172
Last modified Springfield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Springfield High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top