Allen, TX
Students enrolled: 4,532
After care: No

Posted July 01, 2015
They are big on education and preparing their students for the future. Tons of opportunities at this school.

Allen High School 2

Posted June 16, 2015
Seniors are required to take only 3 classes and are sent home before 1 pm. Football rocks but academics suck.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 21, 2015
Best school, best teachers and best students, Go go go go go go Go Go Go !!!!!!!!

Posted April 26, 2015
Awesome high school, teachers are very friendly and motivating. Exceptional facilities for sports and other academic achievements.

Posted April 22, 2015
I am a parent/teacher at Allen HS and I couldn't be happier with the education and opportunities that have been given to my children. Allen HS has challenging advanced academics programs, numerous clubs/organizations, wonderful fine arts, and the best athletic programs in the State. The community is totally supportive of the school and rallies around the successes of the students. Couldn't have picked a better place to raise a family and educate my children.

Allen High School 1

Posted March 31, 2015
I thought Allen would be spectacular, I came from a school of 400 in my previous year so jumping to 4,000 seemed like it would hold so many opportunities and I'd have more people that I might like. I ended up moving midway through the year because I was so unhappy with the school. I really only found about two friends in the entire school and felt almost completely isolated from everyone else. Also it's as if anything you'd like to do or participate in is already taken by someone else, and every time I'd go to see my counselor about my schedule it was as if she had no interest in what I had to say and was incredibly rude and talked to me as if I was a disobedient child that she wanted gone. She may as well have been shoving me out the door. Actually every member of the staff treated me this way. All Allen really cares about in my opinion is their precious football team, I hate to say that but that's how the school made me feel.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 13, 2015
The test scores being used for Algebra 1 (46 students), Biology (27 students), English (150 students), English 1 Reading (44) and English 1 Writing (82 students), and World Geography (78 students) are reflective of students that did not pass at the first administration when the student was in ninth grade at the Lowery Freshman Center and retook the tests at Allen High School (10-12). Those tests are apart of Lowery s state accountability to AHS. The test scores represent the % passing of this subset of students (re-testers). In addition, Great Schools included some Texas Education Agency state benchmarking field test data that we were asked to give using English 3 and Physics EOC's which are not a part of the state accountability system. For further clarification, Geometry, Algebra II, Chemistry, English 2, English 2 Reading, English 2 Writing, World History, US History are all End-of-Course exams first administered at AHS and are apart of the state accountability for Allen High School. Clear as mud I am sure!!

Posted September 30, 2014
This is a blue ribbon school and one of the best out there, not sure why or how the rating went down now ...

300 Rivercrest Boulevard, Allen, TX  75002