Bad
Good

We have put two kids through SGE and every year have had creative, caring teachers that go above and beyond for their students. The GT program is incredible, there are many extra curricular clubs and my child with ADD has been worked with individually by every teacher he's had to make sure he is successful. Test scores are high but kids are not made to stress about them and teachers don't focus on it. The students and parents I've met all love it here, too. The school has so many great qualities but it is the amazing teachers that make it the best!

We have been very pleased with Spring Garden so far for kindergarten and first grade. The quality of the teachers we've had is outstanding. They are so caring, great communicators when there are issues (or to report great things they are doing). My kids are learning so much. The extended day program has worked out well for us--my kids really enjoy going there after school.

The best elementary school in the HEB district! Highly qualified teaching staff and very caring! My daughter struggled at first and came out shining in the end! The dedication is awesome, your child can benefit from what I believe is a top rated school!

A great school with dedicated teachers. Offers about the same extracurricular as all elementary schools, which is limited. Well kept and Mr. Johnson (custodian) is a real asset, keeps everything running and really loves the kids! One thing they could look at is tailoring the academic approach as student population changes. There have been some major demographic changes at this school and within the district - doing it the same old way may not be as effective with some students.

Spring Garden is a fantastic school. The teachers really care about the children. The school offers so much more than just 8-3 classes. The Extended Day program is in my opinion one of the best I've ever seen. My children love going to Extended day after school and often complain that they are not ready to leave when I pick them up because they are having so much fun. The extended day program tutors and helps with homework so when we get home at night we can have quality family time instead of rushing to get homework done. There is also Beach club on Mondays and Cougar choir. The gifted/talented program is one of the best in the state. Lots of fun and lots of education! What more could a parent ask for?

Spring Garden is absolutely the best elementary school in our District! Thank you to the faculty and administration!

This school has gone downhill is the last few years. Once the best, now second-tier. Hopefully the new principal can raise the standards to where they once were.

My daughter just completed her first year at Spring Garden and I am really impressed with the school. The teachers are great and the PTA very active.

Last modified Spring Garden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.