Posted June 17, 2014
Very awesome school with caring considerate teachers and staff!! I have full faith that my child will receive an excellent education.

Posted May 05, 2014
Ennis High School is one of the Nicest High Schools in the Nation. If you are ever on the campus you will be met by kids that are well behaved and well mannered. The halls are wide. The cafeteria is nicer than those of most colleges. The auditorium is state of the art. Their career and technology department has lots to offer. But the best thing about Ennis High School is that the kids take pride in the classroom and in winning. Their band program is one of the most successful the state has ever had. The kids are successful in all Sports and are always contenders in the State Playoffs. In UIL the kids advance to Regionals and State every year. Winning is a state of mind at Ennis High School. The school administration looks to hire teachers who care about kids and who are the best in their field. You cannot ask for a better all around high school.

Posted May 01, 2014
I have three students in the high school and one at the early childhood center. Their experience at the high school has been great. They were hesitant about moving in the middle of the year last year but all were made to feel welcomed. The teachers communicate with me through out the year and have been very professional. I love the multiple options/electives the high school offers and the quality of teachers. The administration has been very helpful as well. Ennis ISD has great schools all around.

Posted May 01, 2014
Ennis High School is a school in which teachers care about their students. Teachers take time out to make sure students will be successful in not only their school career, but after school as well. The school has a very diversified student population which enables students to take on different roles in the many organizations that are offered.

Posted April 22, 2014
The staff is extremely passionate about their students! Great administrative team! Lots of school spirit! Beautiful building! Love this school!

Posted March 04, 2014
I think Ennis High School is a great school. My daughter absolutely loves going to school. The school has so many different options of what a student can do, getting ready for college, dual credit courses, various clubs to get involved in, many clubs are active with community service, great teachers, and great administrative team.

Ennis High School 1

Posted February 17, 2013
Well where to begin. Very low expectations of students. Text books are very rarely taken home. Very little parent involvement for the kids who need it the most. High School if anything was young adult day care with a lot of busy work. Way to much focus on athletics and TAKS now EOC exams. In regards to EOC exams because instructors jobs are on the line its obvious why they teach little else than to the test. Administrative staff is very friendly. Very low end student body though. Not a place I would want my children to attend. Very clear divide between low and high end students which is primarily because of generational poverty in Ennis, TX but that is a different bag of worms all together. They have made great improvements technologically but have disregarded prevalent issues that need to be fixed in the classroom in regards to unqualified instructors (teachers who see teaching as a job not a passion and pursued such as a fall back career). The bar has certainly been lowered in Ennis, TX where failing is literally passing. A score of a 65 is enough to graduate. I would like to think taxpayers deserve better for their children than a second rate education.

Ennis High School 3

Posted May 02, 2011
I'm a former student who graduated in 2009. I currently go to Texas A&M University, but I know high school did not prepare me for college. I never felt challenged there. Graduated top 10%, NHS, yet now that I am attending college I have realized everything I've learned has not been because of EHS. I understand children will not attempt to do the work if they are challenged more, but maybe that will encourage tutoring or more one-on-one teacher time.

Posted October 13, 2010
Apparently these people that are posting negative comments have disruptive kids that have no sense of intelligence. If you have a child that wants to learn, they are willing to help you all the way. We even had a teacher offer to come to our house and help her if she needed it. They were more than willing to offer up their cell numbers to help students and go the extra mile. I really commend the teachers and faculty for being so involved with the parents and students. If you want to be involved, they will be there. You have to make the first step. You can't just sit back and fail and wonder why no one helped you.

Posted September 17, 2009
We have the best football team in our district, plus I have watched us grow from a graduating class of less than 200, to 300 plus students. It is truly amazing to what our own school from when I graduated really become so wonderful and continue to have growth as it has.

Ennis High School
2301 Ensign Road, Ennis, TX  75119
Last modified Ennis High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ennis High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top