Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school operates like a prison camp. They are rude and condescending to the kids. Kids don't get a positive perspective on what real leadership is at FVE.

This school was great when my older daughter who is now in middle school attended. It has steadily gone down hill in recent years. It is very much run like a prison camp now. The administration behave like prison wardens rather than educators. It is not a good environment for children at all. Other elementary schools in the nearby area offer a much better educational experience for your children.

This school offers a variety of activities for my son. They keep parents well informed of events and teachers are top notch. Very knowledgable staff that provides a cohesive environment.

The school is wonderful. Teachers are responsive and keep you informed of what's going on wih yor children. There are several nice after school activities and the culture is open, respectful and welcoming. I really am happy with the staff and school itself.

This school is run like a prison. Kids are not allowed to make any choices or even speak at lunch. My kids are afraid to breath for fear of getting in trouble. I have had 4 kids go here( and 3 of them came from a different school) and each one has said the adults in the building act different when no parents are around. Mostly yelling and intimidating the kids. My first grader says his teacher gets right in kids faces like nose to nose and yells. Not exactly how you handle a kid, unless you work at Forest Vista. I have tried talking to them about some policies, but they just say that is how it is. Enjoy the prison camp. We are out of here.

Forest Vista Elementary It is our first year at FVE and I have nothing but great things to say! I love the size, staff, and academics! They really have made us feeling welcomed! Thank you FVE!!

Forest Vista is a one of kind school in Flower Mound, Texas. Two of my children have gone through all the grade levels, and my youngest is currently enrolled in the third grade. This is a truly outstanding school, with exceptional, caring teachers. I love that this school nurtures creativity and critical thinking all while building a rock solid foundation. The teachers we have had are all excellent communicators, and their love of teaching just beams through and through. Dr. Schott is a wonderful principal, and he truly puts the kids in the building first. The PTA is a wonderful organization, and they do so much for the school including the wonderful programs they sponsor, and events that bring the community together throughout the year. 5th grade mini-society and the yearly carnival are two events our family never misses. I honestly can't say enough great things about this truly exceptional school. I will be sad when my youngest leaves for middle school in two years, because we have built a lifetime of memories at Forest Vista. We've been there awhile and have seen the school go through many changes, and it just manages to get better and better.

You only put in good reviews. I put in a review in April 2013. You didn't post. Principal and Assistant are leaving. This is tragic. School was doing well. Now its October 2013 and the school is like a prison. I don't give it any stars but if you don't give a star you cant post

My kids love the Music teacher at FVE. She is very nice and excellent teacher, you will always see her smiling. Chime & choir is excellent. Also , we love the librarian teacher. She is a great teacher. Speech program is also very good. Hands up for these teachers.

All three of my kids have attended this school and I could not be happier with the teachers and staffs dedication to providing a great education.

Last modified Forest Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.