Bad
Good

My daughter is new to TESA this year, but we absolutely love it here. She was placed on the wait list at FWAFA, and it was a real godsend to find out that TESA had a place for her. I must say that the teachers here are absolutely amazing, and they take incredible care to make sure that each student receives what they need. Overall, the entire attitude of the school is very positive and inclusive, to the point that our daughter doesn't even want to audition for FWAFA next year - she wants to stay at TESA as long as possible. She has even stated that she would love it SO much if TESA would open a high school as well! Obviously it is an arts-education school, so I'm not sure if the style would be right for every student. However, if your child is artistically oriented and talented, then I highly recommend applying for TESA.

Staffs students run this school. And new students and parents are left out of activities.Teachers that i encountered are not friendly no matter how hard you try.If you want to have your child in the arts most if the day and crucial work done for homework thats great.I had to have a Tutor every week.

we could have sports but the arts is awsome, i love this school!!!!!!!!! the teachers are so nice and the students are well behaved

TeSA is a fine arts school that opened 6 years ago. We have just moved into our own building but have a long list of needs to make our facilities efficient for our students uses. We focus on fine arts appreciation with ballet, theater, choir, and art offered to every student on campus. We have K-8 grades here, so our needs are varied depending on the grade levels. We all work well together and hope to have a lasting positive effect on the lives of our students and the community around us.

TeSA is a wonderful charter school with teachers who really care. We are very fortunate to be a part of this school. Although we recently moved into a new building and there are a few kinks to work out, I think we have an even brighter future!

There are many things I enjoy at TeSA. The student:teacher ratio is smaller than public schools which allows for more individualized teaching. The education is well rounded with academics as well as fine arts and physical education. The staff care about the students. There is more of a family feel to the school.

TESA is an amazing educational environment, with faculty and staff and equally amazing parents who are dedicated to a full and well-rounded education. We are delighted with the different way our son sees education following enrollment at TESA. I can not say enough about this great school and its amazing faculty and staff. As an educator at TCU I have recommended TESA to numerous new faculty and staff who are looking for better education for their children.

There is not enough space to explain how wonderful this school is! We are small enough to be able to personally serve the children we teach and get to know them but diverse in our curriculum and opportunities. The staff is friendly, hard working and committed to the children. Having worked in public school for nearly a decade I can say this is like a dream come true to be a part of this wonderful campus. And with the new building coming in January 2013 it is only going to get better!!

I am a teacher at this school and want to say that the previous comment is a half truth. I agree that this was an issue in past years, however, there has been a change in staff to solve the issues stated. I believe that the new kindergarten teachers are commited to the education of the children in their care and are following the state guidelines for curriculum and assessments. Please do not let one persons bad experiences with past teachers ruin your perception of such an awesome school.

My child was in kinder at this school last year and did not learn anything. Once we left the school we were told by the new school that the teachers did not complete the TPRI which is required by the state of Texas. Problems were addressed by the teachers and principal and nothing was done. I was told by the principal that it was not her responsibility that the teachers teach the children. Who says that?

Last modified Texas School Of The Arts is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.