Bad
Good

Moved here from out of state- refreshing to be in a school where teachers are happy to come to work and have the resources they need to assist our children to succeed

I just came from Brazil with my two kids - 8 and 10 years old. When we do such a move the first concern is regarding kids adaptation, especially as they didn`t speak English. What I can say is from the registration until now we had the best support we anyone can receive from a school, from the clerks up to the teachers they did their best to make the new kids comfortable. My sons are totally adapted to American education, thank you to teachers Mr Walker and Mr Vullo. Amazing school, I highly recommend.

I am a retired teacher from Louisiana. My granddaughter is in Kindergarten at Curtsinger Elementary. I had occasion to visit the school this past month, and was even invited to volunteer to work with Vivienne's class. What a treat! From the moment I walked in the door, I knew this was a very special school. It is truly like a family. I was there every chance I got. I was so impressed with everything and everyone I met. Mrs. Olander makes learning fun and challenging at the same time. Everyone there is motivated and truly dedicated to these students. My only regret is that I had to leave after a week, and perhaps that I didn't discover this school thirty years ago when I entered the classroom as a young teacher. Kudos to everyone connected with this wonderful school. I am looking forward to seeing you all again. Pam Curry

The February 28, 2014 review cannot go unanswered. One bad review out of 20 shouldn't set the tone for this school. Let's be fair, not everyone is going to be happy all the time--and some will never be happy wherever their kids go. We've had kids at Curtsinger for eight years. While not every year has been perfect--I can't think of a better school. They are well equipped to handle students with challenges as well as those who are gifted (We have both)--and everyone in between. The staff, top to bottom, are fantastic. Curtsinger is known in our area as one of the top elementary schools--people buy houses in the neighborhood so their kids can attend. This school has excellent parental support and a very active and inclusive PTA. We are truly blessed with everyone who works there to make it so awesome. While the office staff is easy to work with, the teaching staff (including SPED) are even better. We've never had a teacher who wasn't willing to meet with us or who wasn't asking for a meeting when they felt there was a need. Bottom line--it is one amazing place. I've heard it said--it is as close to a private school they've ever seen in a public system. Curtsinger ROCKS!

The teachers appear disconnected and unmotivated. Many repetitious worksheets without any actual teaching or understanding occuring in the classrooms. There also seems to be a lack of support from the principal to hold the teachers accountable and provide them the resources they need to provide the best learning experience of the children. The teachers' latest request for a "big item" from the PTA was for individual Keurig coffee makers for each pod. There is something fundamentally wrong with teachers requesting perks for themselves over teaching aids for the classroom. We are disappointed that we purchased a house within a mile and simply assumed "blue ribbon" meant a quality of teacher. Sadly, it's based on test scores through memorization of repeated pre-tests. We hope that this isn't indicative of Frisco ISD as a whole and maybe just one bad school.

Great school environment. Great staff. Great parent environment. We are looking forward to be part of it.

My daughter has been there 3 years now and it has been better and better. So happy to be part of this school! The Principal, the staff and the PTA are involved in a very healthy atmosphere. And of course by kid is excited to go back to school!

We had our kid enroll in the middle of the year for the 2nd grade since we were relocating to this area. The staff at this school were extremely helpful and made the whole admission process a breeze. The teachers took extra interest to bring our kid upto speed and make her feel at ease. The teachers are doing a great job in keeping our kid academically challenged. We are extremely happy to have our kid be a student of this school.

We were aobut to move , one of the reasons that made us change our minds and stay was Curtsinger Elementary, this is an amazing school!

the most amazing school ever!! i was so sad when my son had to move to the middle school!!!

Last modified Curtsinger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.