Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I had a daughter who attended this school for three years. During that time her teacher noticed that she was having a difficult time. They put her in tier 1, no progress. She began tier 2 and still showed no progress. She was having a problem with staying focused when working alone. I had a meeting with the principal, counselor, substitute teacher, tier 2 math, tier 2 reading teacher and another teacher from last year. However, no one told me I was having a meeting with 6 people. During this meeting I was showed homework that my daughter did and her test scores. The Principal said she thought it was because my daughter’s birthday was late and I should consider holding her back. I told her I don't think it’s because of her age, I think it’s because she has a problem with staying focus. She told her substitute teacher to let her do her homework again and if she fails then put that grade and don't help her because she doesn't need to pass if she can’t do the work. If you can just imagine how I felt at that time when those words came out of her mouth. This new principal never interacted with my daughter so how could she say that without figuring out the REAL problem. It felt like it was bash your child day. Like oh she can’t do the works so fail her and hold her back. I brought a note to the counselor prior to this meeting from my doctor requesting testing. The principle and the counselor told me they no longer did testing. However, when I called the Garland Independent School District she told me they did do testing and to contact the diagnostician at your child's school. Well, I did and she told me the same thing that Garland no longer does testing but could set in my daughters progress meetings with me. I called GISD and asked, what I do if everyone is telling me they no longer perform testing. She couldn't really answer my question, almost if she was afraid to tell me something. So I hung up! I took my child out of that school and put her into another school in the GISD, which they offered to test my daughter but I already had an appointment with Scottish Rite Hospital. I am so glad my daughter is finally getting the help she deserves. If the principle and the counselor would have just giving me the necessary resources, I would still have my child here. Instead, they brushed it under the rug and were set on having her repeating the second grade.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I honestly think it just depends on the teacher. Her teacher in first grade kept in close contact and I felt as if she was actually trying to help my daughter.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There are spelling words and vocabulary words each week. Spelling words 15-20 and vocabulary 6-8. She had to know all words in four days. Once a week math.

Develops character: Disagree

Wonderful school with great and caring teachers! My son has a learning disability and the teachers worked so well with him. The office staff has always been polite and helpful during my encounters with them.

-school with no windows in classrooms -yelling teachers !!! -cafeteria menu:pizza,big johns,hotdogs and candies promote good work. =preparing kids for penitencery / fema camps

This school is simply amazing! From the Principal, office staff, the teachers and PTA everyone works hard to make this a great experience for the students. The pride that the whole group takes to lead and guide the students can be seen in the joy my child shows when talks about being a Luna Lion.

Luna Elementary Great School we are old alumnis my children attended there and now my grandson attends. Teachers are awesome and really do care about your children and their education. Doesn't get any better than this

After a move from out of state, my husband and I found ourselves scrambling to find a school for our son who started K this year. I used this website and found the parent reviews helpful. So I am writing my own for Luna which we were happy to find out was rated Exemplary before the start of the year. Luna has been a great school so far. Our son loves his K teacher, Ms. Brown, and everyone there has been friendly and helpful. The principal, Mr. Howard, is very approachable and great with the kids. I am also very happy with the curriculum. Our son's reading abilities have already improved in such a short time since he started at Luna. He's excited to go to school every day which is a testament to what a great job the Luna staff is doing.

I love this school for my girls. Great teachers, great principal and great education!!!!!!!!!!!

Last modified Luna Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.