PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

I agree with most of the homework. Sometimes I think they have too much on one particular night, but most of the time it is ok.

Garland Christian has been wonderful to both of my children. They have learned a lot, made great friends, played lots of sports, and grown closer to God. I am very thankful to the loving staff at this school.

Amount of homework: Agree

The teachers work hard to really teach the children during the school-day. My daughter is not loaded down with homework, and the school does not assign homework on Wednesdays. (She's in elementary school.)

My daughter has attended Garland Christian Academy for six years, and we are very happy with the school. The elementary teachers are amazing, and so is the principal! The staff truly loves the children, regardless of where they attend church. They strive to make learning enjoyable and effective. Not only is she getting a fantastic education, but she is also growing spiritually. She has ranked highly in academic testing, and various district and area competitions. We live in Dallas, and Garland Christian Academy is worth the drive!

Develops character: Disagree

Fairness, no. The kids get beat in all sports causing them to leave the school and not play sports elsewhere. Five friends from High School left and only two continued playing sports.

My husband and I are grandparents of a K4 child and a 2nd grader at Garland Christian Academy. We are thrilled at the calibre of teaching that our little ones are getting. The eldest, my granddaughter has become a voracious reader at a level far beyond her years and spouts scientific and historical facts constantly now. My grandson. is now reading first grade books, excelling in art class and telling us what everything means in Spanish. He also has so much more self-confidence than before attending GCA. More of all, our grand kids are learning civility, responsibility and charity. You can't put a price on these things.

Very terrible experience. If you don't belong to Lavon Baptist, they treat your child(ren) very poorly. The teachers have no degrees or college whatsoever and would never be able to "teach" anywhere else (except at a church school where they are a church mom).

Having graduated from GCA in 2012 and leaving to go to another small Christian school, I was extremely disappointed to find that I was behind many of my other peers in my classes. Being near the top of my class at Garland Christian, I figured I would soar in college. It has been a grueling struggle through both math and science courses. The unfortunate truth is, as of 2 years ago, GCA did not prepare me for college.

All of my children love GCA! We have students in preschool, elementary, and the secondary and all of them have grown so much since starting at Garland Christian. The teachers show that they care for the students and the administration provides a loving yet firm environment for the students to excel. Thank you GCA for all you do for our family! We love all the new ideas and excitement around the school!

I am so pleased with GCA !! Our K-5 child is so far advanced than others I have met. GCA is a family orientated school & they treat you as such !! We will stay there until she graduates !!..The teachers are exceptional !!

Last modified Garland Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12