PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Parent

Posted October 12, 2015
For opening our eyes on how they treated them as a past student, and how we should have listened to them.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted October 12, 2015
When the school is all they know they will be taught to respect in a fashion that suits the staff.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 12, 2015
They push you out the door if you do not meet their standards. With them being able to orchestrate their own curriculum students are left behind.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted October 12, 2015
Fairness, no. The kids get beat in all sports causing them to leave the school and not play sports elsewhere. Five friends from High School left and only two continued playing sports.

Posted September 14, 2015
My husband and I are grandparents of a K4 child and a 2nd grader at Garland Christian Academy. We are thrilled at the calibre of teaching that our little ones are getting. The eldest, my granddaughter has become a voracious reader at a level far beyond her years and spouts scientific and historical facts constantly now. My grandson. is now reading first grade books, excelling in art class and telling us what everything means in Spanish. He also has so much more self-confidence than before attending GCA. More of all, our grand kids are learning civility, responsibility and charity. You can't put a price on these things.

Garland Christian Academy 1

Posted January 20, 2015
Very terrible experience. If you don't belong to Lavon Baptist, they treat your child(ren) very poorly. The teachers have no degrees or college whatsoever and would never be able to "teach" anywhere else (except at a church school where they are a church mom).

Garland Christian Academy 2

Posted August 06, 2014
Having graduated from GCA in 2012 and leaving to go to another small Christian school, I was extremely disappointed to find that I was behind many of my other peers in my classes. Being near the top of my class at Garland Christian, I figured I would soar in college. It has been a grueling struggle through both math and science courses. The unfortunate truth is, as of 2 years ago, GCA did not prepare me for college.

Posted July 17, 2013
All of my children love GCA! We have students in preschool, elementary, and the secondary and all of them have grown so much since starting at Garland Christian. The teachers show that they care for the students and the administration provides a loving yet firm environment for the students to excel. Thank you GCA for all you do for our family! We love all the new ideas and excitement around the school!

Posted May 04, 2013
I am so pleased with GCA !! Our K-5 child is so far advanced than others I have met. GCA is a family orientated school & they treat you as such !! We will stay there until she graduates !!..The teachers are exceptional !!

Garland Christian Academy 2

Posted January 08, 2013
I'm glad to see someone else is seeing and feeling the same thing(s) I have been seeing and feeling this year. This was once a very nice school. I still think the teachers are good and the overall curriculum is good. However, there seems to be a major breakdown in the HS 'office'. The principal would rather laugh off every little thing and just tell everyone 'let's all be friends' while the counselor seems to be on a warpath about inconsequential things. I would think drinking and sex would be two things a Christian school would deal with seriously. Apparently, I was wrong.

1516 Lavon Drive, Garland, TX  75040
Last modified Garland Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Garland Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top