PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

Fairness, no. The kids get beat in all sports causing them to leave the school and not play sports elsewhere. Five friends from High School left and only two continued playing sports.

My husband and I are grandparents of a K4 child and a 2nd grader at Garland Christian Academy. We are thrilled at the calibre of teaching that our little ones are getting. The eldest, my granddaughter has become a voracious reader at a level far beyond her years and spouts scientific and historical facts constantly now. My grandson. is now reading first grade books, excelling in art class and telling us what everything means in Spanish. He also has so much more self-confidence than before attending GCA. More of all, our grand kids are learning civility, responsibility and charity. You can't put a price on these things.

Very terrible experience. If you don't belong to Lavon Baptist, they treat your child(ren) very poorly. The teachers have no degrees or college whatsoever and would never be able to "teach" anywhere else (except at a church school where they are a church mom).

Having graduated from GCA in 2012 and leaving to go to another small Christian school, I was extremely disappointed to find that I was behind many of my other peers in my classes. Being near the top of my class at Garland Christian, I figured I would soar in college. It has been a grueling struggle through both math and science courses. The unfortunate truth is, as of 2 years ago, GCA did not prepare me for college.

All of my children love GCA! We have students in preschool, elementary, and the secondary and all of them have grown so much since starting at Garland Christian. The teachers show that they care for the students and the administration provides a loving yet firm environment for the students to excel. Thank you GCA for all you do for our family! We love all the new ideas and excitement around the school!

I am so pleased with GCA !! Our K-5 child is so far advanced than others I have met. GCA is a family orientated school & they treat you as such !! We will stay there until she graduates !!..The teachers are exceptional !!

I'm glad to see someone else is seeing and feeling the same thing(s) I have been seeing and feeling this year. This was once a very nice school. I still think the teachers are good and the overall curriculum is good. However, there seems to be a major breakdown in the HS 'office'. The principal would rather laugh off every little thing and just tell everyone 'let's all be friends' while the counselor seems to be on a warpath about inconsequential things. I would think drinking and sex would be two things a Christian school would deal with seriously. Apparently, I was wrong.

My wife and I enrolled our son at Garland Christian Academy when he was entering the K4 program. Now, after attending GCA through the fifth grade, he is ready to enter middle school as a young man prepared for the rigors of life and education on the secondary level. We have never questioned our decision to enroll our son at GCA! The faculty are gifted in their varied approaches to teaching, thoughtful and loving toward each student, and respected by the student body. The administration is supportive of students and parents; yet, the teachers are also able to oversee their classrooms with the security of knowing that the administration and parents appreciate what they do. The faculty have received their degrees from Christian universities and colleges as well as liberal arts institutions, and the flow of creative educational ideas is demonstrated in the variety of programs that the elementary students produce for their parents. We are excited for our son to transition to middle school and experience the quality athletics and fine arts that are offered by GCA. My wife and I cannot recommend Garland Christian Academy enough!

Love our school! My children have attended GCA since they started school. My son graduated in 2009 and my daughter will graduate in 2013. My son was ready for college after attending GCA all these years. He did very well on his SAT scores and has a scholarship at college right now. I am confident that my daughter will do as well. GCA is strong on academics and with the Bible teaching I feel my children are well prepared for the next step in their education.

We love Garland Christian! My wife and I have three children at the school and it is nice to have a school that is safe, has good academics, and emphasizes Biblical character. The teachers are all degreed in their fields of study and are very proficient in their work and it shows in their product - the students. We love the atmosphere and the athletics! The football and basketball teams are at the top of their district! Thank you, GCA, for all you do for our kids! We also love the fact that GCA is growing in enrollment and it seems as though that will only continue. They are up to around 330 students with several classes full. We love the active Alumni Association and Booster Club as well as the new programs being started. The science lab is incredible for a private, non-government funded school!

Last modified Garland Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12