Posted August 11, 2014
We were fortunate enough to be a part of the Yorkshire Academy family for 3.5 years while we lived in Houston. We had moved there from Canada, where I had been teaching for 10 years, and so when looking for a school I was looking both as a parent and an educator. I could not have asked for a better beginning to my kids academic career than Yorkshire. The entire faculty truly love their jobs, the school, each other, and most importantly the students. I have worked in many schools and have never seen a more positive school environment than YA. The curriculum is innovative and top notch, the building and amenities are constantly being improved upon, the after school opportunities are varied and of very high quality. Respect, tolerance and love of each other is constantly enforced in the student body and I truly couldn't have asked for a nicer group of kids for my kids to call their friends. When we decided to return to Canada, leaving Yorkshire Academy was by far the hardest thing for us to leave. Again, looking at the school both as a parent and as an educator, I can't say enough good things about Yorkshire,I am so grateful we were fortunate to have the years there we did.

Posted May 28, 2014
Our family is so happy we found this school and we were lucky to get in. Our daughter absolutely loves it. She has learned so much and met many friends. The staff is amazing, all the teachers are very sweet and caring. Lots of afternoon classes for all ages that are very convenient. As a working couple we really appreciate that the school provides care after regular hours.

Posted May 28, 2014
My son attended Yorkshire Academy from Pre-K through 5th grade. During that time, I have had the opportunity to really know the curriculum, the staff, and the families who entrust their children to YA. The staff are first rate. They have prepared my son exceptionally well for junior high both academically and emotionally. He has been accepted to a top notch middle school in an extremely competitive environment and placed into the advanced track. Their PSIA prep is first class. I have English friends whose children attended YA. They were also very happy with the quality of the education their children received. My son isn't very organized and I really appreciated the way his 5th grade teacher worked with him to improve this because she knows how important it is in middle school. The music program, run by Mrs. Morris, is incredible. I cannot stress enough how caring and thoughtful the staff at YA are. My son has endured a long divorce. The staff at YA, from the principal to the teachers, have given him so much love and a safe place when he most needed one. I cannot imagine a more nurturing environment. YA is an international environment with students from around the world.

Posted March 31, 2014
Yorkshire Academy s climate and culture is composed of robust teacher support, active family engagement and a supportive environment. These factors have made our family experience at Yorkshire a great one.

Posted December 17, 2013
This school has a very nurturing and familiar environment, it is such a great start for kids in elementary, the children are well rounded, we loved specially the art and music program; we were very blessed to have such an amazing and talented music teacher. Yes it is privately own but it is not only about money, they are always looking for ways to improve everything, in the 3 years we have been there, we have seen lots of improvement in various areas. This year they have changed part of the curriculum and I love it. Also it has a very good management, positive problem solving attitude and very proactive parents, who are actively involved in their children education and school activities. The year musical it is quite a show, the PSIA competition is there for the kids who want to participate and it is such a great experience, lots of extra teacher couching. This year I love the school theme about being a Bucket filler by having a loving attitude towards others. What else you can ask in a school.

Posted December 04, 2013
My two boys are loving their first year at Yorkshire Academy. As a former teacher (at a different school) I can really appreciate everything YA provides for students and their families. The teachers and staff are over-the-top fabulous. We truly feel blessed having the opportunity to send our children to YA.

Posted November 17, 2013
This is our first year at Yorkshire Academy and we are so happy with the staff. They are so accommodating and so welcoming. All the teachers are so friendly. Couldn't ask for a better school for my daughters!

Posted June 29, 2013
Yorkshire Academy is absolutely the very best that you can provide for your children. I have a son, who has been studying there for the last 2 years(KG and grade1), I could not be more happy. My son absolutely adores his school.

Posted May 01, 2013
Yorkshire Academy is the best decision my husband and I have ever made! Our oldest child started in Preschool at the age of 3 and has loved every minute of being there! He is always so excited to go to school and has continued to thrive immensely! The teachers and staff are so incredibly supportive and nurturing, and they go over and beyond to accommodate each child's every need. We have been so happy at Yorkshire Academy, we just wish they went through middle school and high school!! :)

Posted April 03, 2013
I have 3 kids attending YA for the last 7 years. If you want your kids to be well rounded dynamic and engaging young people then you are visiting the right school. I have 3 kids started with MDO. The school focusses on every aspect and need of children based on their age. They have an outstanding curriculum that just not only prepares the kids for future academic challenges, but makes them educated well rounded people. The school has an outstanding art and music department. The PE and health emphasis is a another strength that adds to raising not just book smart kids but growing up to be healthy and smart kids. The afterschool program is a valuable aspect that is constantly updated and well managed program! LOVE THE SCHOOL!!! Submitted by a parent

Yorkshire Academy
710 Bateswood Drive, Houston, TX  77079
Last modified Yorkshire Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Yorkshire Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 39 reviews.