Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted October 21, 2015
I had a hard time deciding which one to choose since it would only let me choose one. But since my oldest child got there 5 years ago, I can't thank EVERYONE at this school enough. They have done so much for not just my kids, but every single student. They care about them as if they were their own kids. My children have done so wonderful at Patterson simply because the staff cares.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted October 21, 2015
The principal at Patterson doesn't mess around. They have "CAV core values" and they work hard every day to teach our kids to be respectable and productive citizens. They are pretty amazing!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 21, 2015
I have had kids at this school for the last 5 years now and I still have one that is yet to get there. All of the staff and faculty take such great pride in the school and they go out of their way to learn as much as they can about their students. The principal herself knows almost all of them and they are always so welcoming, loving and encouraging. This school is definitely a place that I am glad my kids got to attend during their educational career!

Posted June 23, 2014
Patterson Middle School is by far the BEST middle school in Killeen! The principal, teachers and staff are WONDERFUL with the kids and the parents. They love those kids as if they were their very own and it shows. They take such pride in their school and it is a great learning environment. I have had two kids attend this school with two more on their way and I refuse to move until they have all finished up their middle school years at Patterson. I have a special needs child who struggled in elementary school. But the principal at Patterson told me all I had to do was get her there and that they would take good care of her and they did! She made and stayed on the honor roll for the 1st time in 5 years! I could go on all day about how amazing this school is. They are truly the prime example of what educators should be. They set the standard..it they set it high!

Charles E Patterson Middle School 3

Posted June 19, 2014
I don't agree with the rating 8 more like a 6 1/2. I went there 7 and 8 grade and it's a lot of people for a middle school. Art and theatre arts program great and sports are pretty good. I was in a theatre production, NJHS, Step team, and tennis and I had a BLAST ! Don't care for my 7th grade teachers but love my 8th grade teachers !!!! (Ms. Dickens, mrs. Cummings, mr.spears, ms. Brooks, mr. Edwards, mr.schlojoff, and mr bark ( principal ) All Amazing !!

Posted January 25, 2014
I have been thoroughly impressed with Patterson Middle since my son has attended since 6th grade. The communication between teachers and parents is outstanding. His teachers go out of their way to ensure the students are succeeding, or at least have multiple opportunities to succeed. The extracurricular activities and sports programs are superb. The principal is phenomenal, visible, knows students by name, and truly cares for her faculty, staff and students. I cannot say enough good about his middle school!

Charles E Patterson Middle School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
As a proud parent of my student, I really appreciate the above and beyond care, the faculty gives to the students at Charles Patterson Middle School. Very impressed, of the devoted time given to the students to assist them in advancing academically.

Charles E Patterson Middle School 2

Posted January 31, 2013
I was excited for my son to go to this school his first year of middle school since all the reviews were great. Unfortunately, it has been a terrible first year. My son called me crying and bleeding and told me his teacher told him he needed to go to the ER. No one walked him out of the school or ever called to tell me what happened. The only story I received was from a crying, bleeding 11 year old. Five staples later, I complained to the Principals secretary. I received a call apologizing but the english was not clear. 4 doctor visits later, sent note to PE class which clearly states 4-6 days of recovery, then return to activity. 1 month later, the teacher still wants another note. Not going to doctor for the 5th time! The teacher who was supposed to be supervising when my son was hurt can go. To top it off, the Spanish teacher thought it her place to inform the class Santa claus wasn't real the day of christmas break. Lucky he didn't ask when my 7 year old was in the car! I understand he is at the age where he needs to know, but so not her place.

Posted October 30, 2012
THE Charles Patterson Middle School definitely is the BEST of the BEST. Ms. Balzer and her staff are extremely supportive and very involved. The activities, academics, and environment is friendly, welcoming and definitely a place for your student to shine and enjoy what they are learning. They push the kids to GREAT levels, and I am thankful...that they aren't there for a paycheck, but there because they TRULY care about the success of their students.

Posted June 10, 2012
I just graduated from this school and if you are looking for a middle school in KISD you should pick this one!! Firstly, the surroundings of this school are beautiful and the school's number #1 priority is safety. Then the school not only strives to get their children a good education, it also strives to get the children a growth mindset and wants their students to become life-long learners. Also the school is VERY clean compared to the other KISD schools.

8383 Trimmier Road, Killeen, TX  76542
Last modified Charles E Patterson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles E Patterson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top