Killeen, TX

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 21, 2015
My favorite teacher from 8th grade is still there and there are stories of his "tough rules" going around the school (student gossip) to this day!! I love it!! And it makes me proud to think my daughter will learn under his instruction BECAUSE he is so effective. And that is just a sample from the excellent staff on hand! Most of them are just very supportive and fair in all that they do. They want our kids to be educated and they do a great job trying to do that.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 21, 2015
My child was in all the advanced classes in 6th grade and I truly worried she would struggle. Afterall, there is a lot more work in 5th grade than 6th grade. She handled it all and still had plenty of time to socialize, complete her chores, and end up well-rested each day.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 21, 2015
They have clear P&P to handle any situation at the school and they are good at communicating to the parents and students.

Palo Alto Middle School 5

Posted August 21, 2015
First of all, I am a former student of Palo Alto, attending the first year it opened as an 8th grader. So I have sense of pride in developing the initial atmosphere of the school. Second, my daughter has completed her sixth grade year and is now going into 7th grade for the 2015-2016 school year. I can tell you that she has grown a huge sense of pride in attending Palo Alto! She loves her teachers and a majority of her classmates. She loves the programs they offer (like I cannot believe they have a gardening club!!) . And she is looking forward to being in Art this year, which Palo Alto is well known for having the largest art department in the district. Parent to Parent, this school is great! Oh and for anyone who is unhappy about the uniform, they do have a program that allows kids to were free dress. They have to get straight As (and yes my daughter worked very hard in her 3rd semester to have free dress for her final 9 weeks.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 16, 2015
Lol no no no no no no no no no no! Informs us by mail some kid brings a gun to school....BY MAIL!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 09, 2015
Teachers work with the student in the daily situation, also they contact the parent if they see you child show issues with their learning. They don't wait until he report date.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 09, 2015
so far I haven't heard any complaint about disrespect, or discrimination. I think the school has good equal standards.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 09, 2015
My child loved how the teacher treating them, they are caring for those that are going through issues.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 09, 2015
Teachers are very fairness with the student situation, they don't set them apart from their peers.

Palo Alto Middle School 5

Posted July 09, 2015
The teachers are very involved with the student. They loved when the parents work with the child. Excellent for military kids, school provide counseling one by one to work the child problems.

2301 West Elms Road, Killeen, TX  76549
Last modified Palo Alto Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palo Alto Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 86 reviews. Top