Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My favorite teacher from 8th grade is still there and there are stories of his "tough rules" going around the school (student gossip) to this day!! I love it!! And it makes me proud to think my daughter will learn under his instruction BECAUSE he is so effective. And that is just a sample from the excellent staff on hand! Most of them are just very supportive and fair in all that they do. They want our kids to be educated and they do a great job trying to do that.

Amount of homework: Agree

My child was in all the advanced classes in 6th grade and I truly worried she would struggle. Afterall, there is a lot more work in 5th grade than 6th grade. She handled it all and still had plenty of time to socialize, complete her chores, and end up well-rested each day.

First of all, I am a former student of Palo Alto, attending the first year it opened as an 8th grader. So I have sense of pride in developing the initial atmosphere of the school. Second, my daughter has completed her sixth grade year and is now going into 7th grade for the 2015-2016 school year. I can tell you that she has grown a huge sense of pride in attending Palo Alto! She loves her teachers and a majority of her classmates. She loves the programs they offer (like I cannot believe they have a gardening club!!) . And she is looking forward to being in Art this year, which Palo Alto is well known for having the largest art department in the district. Parent to Parent, this school is great! Oh and for anyone who is unhappy about the uniform, they do have a program that allows kids to were free dress. They have to get straight As (and yes my daughter worked very hard in her 3rd semester to have free dress for her final 9 weeks.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Lol no no no no no no no no no no! Informs us by mail some kid brings a gun to school....BY MAIL!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers work with the student in the daily situation, also they contact the parent if they see you child show issues with their learning. They don't wait until he report date.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Teachers are very fairness with the student situation, they don't set them apart from their peers.

The teachers are very involved with the student. They loved when the parents work with the child. Excellent for military kids, school provide counseling one by one to work the child problems.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Based upon my own personal experience with my children I believe this to be true. All my children are of good character.

My experience with Palo Alto has been a very positive one. I've had my 3 children attend there. I have no complaints. All 3 of my children have received a good quality education. My eldest left there an honor roll student and went on to receive her IB diploma from HS. My middle child, also an honor student who loves to participate in any and every after school activity like NJHS, chess club, tennis, swim, and football, had multiple clubs to choose from and he will be attending Early College High School in the fall. This was my youngest son's first year there, he is also an honor student. All 3 of my kiddos always received advance performance/commended on STARR which is proof positive that for the students who want to receive it the opportunity for a great education is definitely there. The staff is always very courteous and demonstrate genuine concern for each and every student who attends their school.

Excellent teachers, the teachers really care about their students and their education. My daughter has gone to Palo Alto for the past three years and I am very happy with the education she has received here. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Last modified Palo Alto Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.