Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I am very impressed with the education that my children are receiving at Lyon elementary. The teachers and staff are friendly and helpful. The PTO is amazing! There are so many great things going on at this school:)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The way they treat special needs children is appalling. They don't go by the iep guidelines. They do as they want to these children. If this is a great school why did I have to go up the chain of command to pull my child out and move him to a new school that treated special needs children better. And had certified special needs teachers.

When my child was there he is special needs. The teachers as well as the principal were very mean and ugly to him I had to bring the school board in over the mistreatment of my child. The mistreatment of special needs children is appalling

J.L. Lyon Elementary is ok with the kids. One thing that I as a parent didn't like is that I never got a call or email when my child was doing poorly. I had to find out in his report card. I wish the teachers were more caring in that aspect. If my child is not doing as well as expected than please call me or email me. Other than that the school is good.

My grandaghter has gone to Lyon elementary since PreK. She is entering 2nd grade and has had FANTASTIC teachers, a wonderful principal & assist principal, & outstanding lunch ladies! My gchild has never been treated as inferior but always as a person with a strong personality. She has learned so much in that short time. I am very impressed & hope and pray all this wonderfullness continues.

Both of my daughters have done very well at JL Lyon, the staff and teachers are amazing and really care about each and every student. We moved from another district where my girls were struggling, they are now both on honor roll and love to learn.

This school used to not have a very good reputation, but in the last several years it has excelled. It has gone from academically acceptable to exemplary in only 2 years with its new leadership. My son has reading problems and the staff has gone out of their way to help him. We also have the best PTO on the planet that helps with everything. I'm just sorry that my son will be moving on to the 6th grade next year. I'm certainly going to miss everyone at J. L. Lyon!

I love Lyon Elem. I love the principal, asst principal and all the staff on board. They have given to me and my child top priority in school needs. I am very very impress with each member at Lyon Elem. I believe the child will do as much as the parent does. I dedicate all my time to my child and with the help of his teachers he has accelerated to an outstanding student at this school. I thank you Lyon Elem. for all your hard work for me and my son.

My child has gone to this school going on 6 years.. I am very please with the school. My child is a child with a disability and the school has been wonderful with her. The principal and the teachers are just a blessing. We will not take our child out of this school.

Last modified J L Lyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.